Carucci says the housecleaning isn't finished

I think none of us have a firm grasp on his role or power

I am amused by how recently large segments of the board called him a genius and best in the league for restructuring a couple contracts. But I suppose the quick changes in sentiment help underscore how little we really know about his fit in the organization - he's a blank slate for our own excitement and frustration

So true

Very true.

Yeah, this. :D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol at those who think Brandon is gone, the Pegulas jUst promoted him to president of their sports business in charge of both teams, they aren't now going to turn around and fire him because the fan base blames everything bad on him just because they have no idea what he actually does and just like to assume since he worked near the top for so long he has to be involved in all that's wrong.

They work directly with him and obviously like him enough to promote him. He isn't going anywhere

At this point I say fire Overdorf and Russ just to see who gets blamed next for the playoff drought.

this place would be so lost without them to blame all that goes wrong on around here. I hear Russ Brandon was directly to blame for Jim Kelly having cancer

I don't know if Brandon and Overdorf are any good in the roles currently assigned to them. So I don't care if they're fired or retained.

We have new folks (McD and Beane) in charge of the product on the field and I'm happy enough with that.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Lol at those who think Brandon is gone, the Pegulas jUst promoted him to president of their sports business in charge of both teams, they aren't now going to turn around and fire him because the fan base blames everything bad on him just because they have no idea what he actually does and just like to assume since he worked near the top for so long he has to be involved in all that's wrong.

They work directly with him and obviously like him enough to promote him. He isn't going anywhere

this place would be so lost without them to blame all that goes wrong on around here. I hear Russ Brandon was directly to blame for Jim Kelly having cancer

Rex & Doug are gone so they have nobody else left from the old regime to kick dirt on but Russ

Until Russ Brandon is gone I see the same old Bills.

Holy crap Jeff....

I 100% agree with your post.

What I read is, as later as last year, Russ was drawing up contracts and giving our GM an extension even though Terry/Kim had reservation. If this purge is a "witch hunt", Russ is the only real witch to find.

Russ is not going anywhere.... he is very good at the business side; however, I could see Russ gaining resentment if he really was that close to Whaley and Overdorf

at the end of the day though, I do not think Russ will leave

Boo-frickin' hoo. He'll get over it.

Brandon makes money. I don't expect him to go anywhere. That said, I do expect him to be marginalized and pushed out of football operations completely. Team McBean are too tight to allow someone to insinuate themselves into the middle of the decision-making process and McDermott has already shown he has enough cache with the owner to get Russ' friends fired.

Overdorf better have his resume updated. He is gone. Pegula pretty much wiped his hands from JO by saying it's up to Beane to decide. Beane will have his own style and ways of dealing with people and contract negotiations. It won't involve Overdorf that's for sure.

As for Brandon, if he can just stay on the business side of things I have no problem. He's probably a valuable guy and right hand man for Pegula. Just stay out of picking football players and cap stuff. If he had some influence in getting Brandon Beane I like that move. So now Russ can sit back and run the business side.

Brandon makes money. I don't expect him to go anywhere. That said, I do expect him to be marginalized and pushed out of football operations completely. Team McBean are too tight to allow someone to insinuate themselves into the middle of the decision-making process and McDermott has already shown he has enough cache with the owner to get Russ' friends fired.

The Pegulas being great business people themselves, I would hope they could stand to lose him.

At this point I say fire Overdorf and Russ just to see who gets blamed next for the playoff drought.

Good one. I would say the one who's brother works for the bills

Edited by Helpmenow

The Pegulas being great business people themselves, I would hope they could stand to lose him.

Different areas though. Brandon is a marketing and sales guy. Pegulas may be shrewd at investing and experts in their business, but good business people know what their strengths and weaknesses are and find people they can rely on to take care of those weaker areas. Russ is an excellent marketer, we may not like how he injects himself into football operations, but he is good at his job of making money for the franchise.