Carucci says the housecleaning isn't finished

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gota get rid of Russ to make this complete. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT of two failing franchises under his watch. He has no leg to stand on. This team markets itself because of us, the die hard fans. The Pegulas must show him the door for a genuine fresh start.

We don't need him telling the coaches what kind of wine to bring to the interview and doing everything he can to make sure his best bud/failing GM stay in power.

Gota get rid of Russ to make this complete. He is the TEAM PRESIDENT of two failing franchises under his watch. He has no leg to stand on. This team markets itself because of us, the die hard fans. The Pegulas must show him the door for a genuine fresh start.

We don't need him telling the coaches what kind of wine to bring to the interview and doing everything he can to make sure his best bud/failing GM stay in power.

Until Russ Brandon is gone I see the same old Bills.

Overdorf has had more power than you may think. I refer you back as far as Jauron era when the week before the season kickoff it was Overdorf who released Langston Walker (our starting tackle) because of money issues ( Walker was a freeagent signing...not worth the dollars perhaps) and Jauron was shocked and was not told. At that time it was reported Overdorf controlled all contracts and made decisions above the head coach and maybe the GM.

This type of behind the scene power broker must go.

This continuing purge if it happens. Can only be described as long overdue. the way Vic lays it out sounds very damming for the up too now untouchable Overdorf. One would assume there could be a struggle with Brandon defending his cap man who seems way out of touch in the modern NFL cap issues. overdorf has had a good run in varying roles for what 32 years now? With Beane knowledgable in cap strategies and hopefully empowered enough too make his case too the Pegulas. And hopefully succeed one would hope the other long time stain in this outrageous era of suck Russ Brandon who " has no say in football operations" would be exposed that yes he has a big say. In fact his opinions on the recent HC and GM hires hopefully unitentionally signed his death warrant for the Bills.

Nice article Vic!

I like the purge as well but don't see how Overdorf is to blame for contract decisions made by Whaley

I think none of us have a firm grasp on his role or power

I am amused by how recently large segments of the board called him a genius and best in the league for restructuring a couple contracts. But I suppose the quick changes in sentiment help underscore how little we really know about his fit in the organization - he's a blank slate for our own excitement and frustration

This continuing purge if it happens. Can only be described as long overdue. the way Vic lays it out sounds very damming for the up too now untouchable Overdorf. One would assume there could be a struggle with Brandon defending his cap man who seems way out of touch in the modern NFL cap issues. overdorf has had a good run in varying roles for what 32 years now? With Beane knowledgable in cap strategies and hopefully empowered enough too make his case too the Pegulas. And hopefully succeed one would hope the other long time stain in this outrageous era of suck Russ Brandon who " has no say in football operations" would be exposed that yes he has a big say. In fact his opinions on the recent HC and GM hires hopefully unitentionally signed his death warrant for the Bills.

Nice article Vic!

Are you posting on a phone? I can't really understand this post.

Overdorf has had more power than you may think. I refer you back as far as Jauron era when the week before the season kickoff it was Overdorf who released Langston Walker (our starting tackle) because of money issues ( Walker was a freeagent signing...not worth the dollars perhaps) and Jauron was shocked and was not told. At that time it was reported Overdorf controlled all contracts and made decisions above the head coach and maybe the GM.

This type of behind the scene power broker must go.

Argument by anecdote isn't persuasive.

It might have been reported at the time that Overdorf controlled all contracts - but that doesn't make it true. Lots of stuff in the media is wrong.

In any case, it was a long time ago and none of us know what power Overdorf yields today, if any.

I think none of us have a firm grasp on his role or power

I am amused by how recently large segments of the board called him a genius and best in the league for restructuring a couple contracts. But I suppose the quick changes in sentiment help underscore how little we really know about his fit in the organization - he's a blank slate for our own excitement and frustration

Very true.

Thanks!

Vic is on fire! Goodbye Jimmy O! Poor lonely Russ. :(

The lifers, it turns out, will lose the war. They delayed it after T/K Pegs bought the team, but it was inevitable with the results we've become accustomed to.

Marrone leaving right after the Pegulas took over threw a wrench into things and probably prolonged some of the long-timers positions of power. Terry and Kim had to lean on them in what was a very unexpected situation.

Now they are making their first real hires of GM and HC as far as I am concerned. The new people are going to win any power battles between them and the old.