Beane hired as GM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling that i had when Rex was hired compared to the current regime are night and day...first time in a few years i am optimistic about the bills future

Same. Whether you agree with the hire or not, you can't disagree that at least there is a vision and they are taking a new approach (going young) with some up and coming staff.

@tbnsports

The #Bills did it backward, but in a weird way maybe they've found the right combo.

@ByBuckyGleason's Hot Read: http://buffalonews.com/2017/05/09/bucky-gleasons-hot-read-no-surprise-bills-backward/?utm_campaign=puma&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1494371881

maybe that is the key- doing everything opposite of their normal instinct...man, these pretzels are making me thirsty!

Edited by JaCrispy

Over a year ago Peter Schrager named Beane a top 5 GM candidate in the entire NFL. We should be celebrating landing an up and coming Talent who happens to also have a strong relationship with our new Head Coach.

... Peter Schrager of Fox Sports

5. Brandon Beane, assistant general manager, Carolina Panthers

In three years as general manager, Dave Gettleman has done a marvelous job transforming the Panthers from an afterthought into an NFL powerhouse. His right-hand man is Beane, a 38-year-old Panthers lifer. Beane pre-dated Gettleman but was so valued within the organization that he kept his scouting job and even had it expanded once Gettleman took over for Marty Hurney in 2013. Carolina's last few drafts are loaded with home runs, and Beane's fingerprints are all over them.

I just hope he and McD understand how to plan both short- and long-term strategies for building the roster and staying competitive. Yes you need a QB but you also need to anticipate trends, and think creatively about how to allocate scarce resources.

The Pegulas hired two scouts and gave them the keys to both franchises. They seem to have realized the mistake, but let's hope this next round of hires are the right people.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0653719129089383532-4

Statement from Bills owner Terry Pegula on hiring Tuesday of Panthers assistant GM Brandon Beane as Bills GM: "During our search for a new General Manager, Brandon stood out to Kim and I as he embodies the type of leader and type of person we want in our organization. Brandon has excelled in a variety of roles for a Panthers team that has consistently competed at a high-level in this league. We feel his vast understanding and experience in many facets of football operations will be invaluable to our club moving forward. We also believe his vision for the Buffalo Bills combined with his detailed approach will help build a foundation for sustained success. We are pleased to welcome Brandon and his family to Buffalo."

In other words. he's coach McD's buddy.

So we now have a coach, and a new GM that have accomplished nothing in the league as the "Guy". Going to be an interesting season.

you say Beane accomplished nothing but an NFL "insider" a few posts above says his finger prints were all over multiple successful drafts. I'll go with his assessment over yours.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/138272-surprise-brandon-beane-is-now-the-bills-gm/

dumbasses on the carolina board:

bp.jpg.30a2c3f55969a33cbe9330e14707f02b.

guess that they forgot bill polian, don beebe, pete metzelaars, frank reich... yeah, douchbags.

i hope we destroy that team.

Lmao so

-Some try to blame their owner, who obviously couldn't prevent this from happening.

-Another fan says THEY COULD have blocked this, but don't stop people from ADVANCING. Seeing as how you can't block someone from advancing I don't get thay logic

-Some still believe Beane tipped off their draft board. Which has already been disputed with them having higher grades on the players they took oppose to who we traded up for.

Their fan base is clown shoes.

Not surprised at all. McDermott runs the show, and Beane has the strongest ties to McD. We shall find out if it's a good hire in time.

And the joke continues.... The real problem I see now is the ownership....they are piece mealing everything. Thank goodness club section 231 row 1 seats 5-10 wasn't paid on. I will let my wallet do the talking that 12k will go on something else. Raptor seasons are starting to look nice, I will get to see Lebron James play.....

And the joke continues.... The real problem I see now is the ownership....they are piece mealing everything. Thank goodness club section 231 row 1 seats 5-10 wasn't paid on. I will let my wallet do the talking that 12k will go on something else. Raptor seasons are starting to look nice, I will get to see Lebron James play.....

What?