Beane hired as GM

you do realize they have lured you back in?

Brandon and his pentagrams and naked dancing around a Yankee Candle under a moonlighty night has taken its toll upon even you.

Even the strong become weak under his spell

:bag:

I will choose to believe that nitwit is truly out of the way until I see reason to think otherwise. :thumbsup:

Edited by Rico

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bag:

I will choose to believe that nitwit is truly out of the way until I see reason to think otherwise. :thumbsup:

Having said that....

Now that Beane has been hired, it's time for Jimmy O to hit the road. Please make it so, BB. :worthy:

Edited by Rico

Beane has done absolutely nothing to show he is a qualified GM. I'm not saying he won't be one here its just he isn't even nearly as qualified as the other candidates which makes me question what the hell is going through Pegula's head atm

outside their SB run last year the Panthers were a mediocre middle of the league team just like the Bills. Their drafting is also very shaky

Oh pipe down you

To everyone saying that Beane has no experience, I disagree. I consider guys like Elway and Lynch to be candidates with no experience (before they were hired). Beane is an NFL front office veteran with experience in nearly every facet of running an NFL franchise. Much lower risk than say, handing your franchise to Peyton Manning, or some other ex player. I understand that some feel there may have been other "more qualified" candidates out there, but in my opinion, we got a young, competitive up and comer with plenty of hands on training and experience already under his belt.

he was being groomed by gettleman to replace him when he retires. this throws a wrench in to the panthers plans; gettleman is old as dirt.

Having said that....

Now that Beane has been hired, it's time for Jimmy O to hit the road. Please make it so, BB. :worthy:

he will either be gone, or will be joining Berchtold in the basement of OBD, working on "special projects". It's a new organization now.

he was being groomed by gettleman to replace him when he retires. this throws a wrench in to the panthers plans; gettleman is old as dirt.

True, and if we had dragged things out for too long, there is always the fear that they make him an offer he can't refuse.

The perception of the team is changing ... fwiw nothing will be the same. Some fans will resist that, others will welcome it. Some of the change will be a bit painful, but necessary.

Nice summation and true. Well said.

With respect to the highlighted section we have had this discussion before. I understand your position which is conflicted but mine isn't. It's my strongly held view that McDermott entered into this new endeavor with a blueprint on how he wants to not only build a roster but also an organization. This is a major overhaul from the front office to the roster. You don't summarily fire all your scouts and everyone associated with the Whaley regime unless you want a complete restructuring. This isn't simply replacing staff---it is replacing the culture and mind-set on how the franchise operates from top to bottom.

McDermott prefers having a roster full of high character and effort players over more talented but less diligent and disciplined players. It is going to take time to rework the roster but it will be done. His first draft clearly indicates that he is not interested in talented players but troubled players.

Beyond the roster the wrestling coach also has a vision on how the cap should be structured and balanced out. I believe that one of Beane's primary responsibilities is to better manage the cap.

Contrary to the opinion of most others I don't believe that the Bills are close to being a playoff team. (I have stated my position right after his hiring.) That really doesn't bother me as long as the rebuild is done in a smart way and that progress is steady enough where success is soon realistic. It's my opinion that this isn't a quick fix situation. If things are done right I can handle it.

Why do things like bring Tyrod back then? That's not a rebuild move. That's a move to try to be a playoff team. I think that it's unlikely but that wasn't a tank decision. They are trying to change the culture without question but they are trying to win at the same time. The likely outcome is a similar record. We aren't doing what the Browns or Jets have done. In my opinion the best way to rebuild is after bottoming out. Edited by Kirby Jackson

The perception of the team is changing ... fwiw nothing will be the same. Some fans will resist that, others will welcome it. Some of the change will be a bit painful, but necessary.

Or there's a revolving door at OBD that takes two years to go around... and around... and around... and around...and around...

The perception of the team by whom? From hiring a coach and GM who combined have 0 games experience in their respective positions?

People, other than Bills fans, are supposed to completely overlook the past 17 years and perceive the team as different now before the new guys are even at a camp for the first time? Some here will have their perception changed from the hires. But some have had their perception of the team change each of the last 17 years for one reason or another.

Might be worthwhile to wait and see something ... anything ... before assuming anyone's perceptions are changing of a team that has played like the Bills have the better part of the past two decades. :)