Beane hired as GM

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@viccarucci

T. Pegula will say Friday Beane controls #Bills' 53-man roster, per @RapSheet. But they'll follow #Chiefs' model w coach making final call.

So are we "Still Doomed", "Not Doomed", or "More Dooooomed Than Ever" now? I can't keep track of shifting opinions :D

Sounds like a collaborative effort with a lean towards "traditional GM" role...

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2017/1/6/14189536/sean-mcdermott-and-brandon-beane-interviewing-for-head-coach-general-manager-promotions

Interesting that Beane and McDermott seem to have been considered a package deal when Beane interviewed in SF.

I read in another article that also said Beane wanted to bring McDermott with him if and when he got a GM job.

So it sounds like Sean was Beane's first choice and vise versa.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2017/1/6/14189536/sean-mcdermott-and-brandon-beane-interviewing-for-head-coach-general-manager-promotions

Interesting that Beane and McDermott seem to have been considered a package deal when Beane interviewed in SF.

I read in another article that also said Beane wanted to bring McDermott with him if and when he got a GM job.

So it sounds like Sean was Beane's first choice and vise versa.

that would jibe with Vic's report from last week that it was kind of a condition of employment with McD that Beane be brought in. There were similar leaks from JLC back when he was hired, as well.

i completely agree that J.O. will be gone or phased out. And his view of the build out of the scouting dept. His take on Russ is very interesting. It's not what I think will happen, but it's thought provoking. If anything, he may choose to leave on his own - jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

@RapSheet

Source: New #Bills GM Brandon Beane does have control of the 53-man roster. He’ll work closely with coach Sean McDermott.

bull ****. Same line the Bills keep spinning in order to cloud any accountability. But we all know if McD wants a player added or cut, he's getting his way.

JUST PUT 1 PERSON IN CHARGE

bull ****. Same line the Bills keep spinning in order to cloud any accountability. But we all know if McD wants a player added or cut, he's getting his way.

JUST PUT 1 PERSON IN CHARGE

How exactly do we all know this? It is pure speculation on your part. Period.

I'm sure the Bills would like to be as secretive as possible when it comes to separation of duties of all FO staff. This way when the **** hits the fan, and someone has to be fired, they just point the finger at that person, regardless of who is to blame.

No one knows for sure. Hopefully they just start winning,and we can forgot about all the FO nonsense.

That McDermott will be a puppet master for Beane. That appears to be what you are implying by saying he will ultimately get his way.

And you believe that Beane will stand up to McD if McD wants a player that Beane disagrees with? Even though the tweet says they will work closely together. What else could that mean? How else could it play out?

And if Beane disagrees with McD, isn't he just as "tough to work with" as Whaley supposedly was with his HCs?

The way this played out, there is no other way to look at it other than Beane is McD's puppet.

I'm sure the Bills would like to be as secretive as possible when it comes to separation of duties of all FO staff. This way when the **** hits the fan, and someone has to be fired, they just point the finger at that person, regardless of who is to blame.

No one knows for sure. Hopefully they just start winning,and we can forgot about all the FO nonsense.

Exactly. Lack of any true accountability.

And you believe that Beane will stand up to McD if McD wants a player that Beane disagrees with? Even though the tweet says they will work closely together. What else could that mean? How else could it play out?

And if Beane disagrees with McD, isn't he just as "tough to work with" as Whaley supposedly was with his HCs?

The way this played out, there is no other way to look at it other than Beane is McD's puppet.

I think it is possible that a GM under a coach could be a GM. The Seattle situation Pete Carroll lets his GM operate even though Pete technically has final say. But I think McDermott doesn't strike me as the collaborative type. I believe Dorsey also didn't know Reid before he was hired, just like Carroll wasn't buddies with Schneider.

So if the Bills are following a model it looks more like the Chip Kelly model.

I think it is possible that a GM under a coach could be a GM. The Seattle situation Pete Carroll lets his GM operate even though Pete technically has final say. But I think McDermott doesn't strike me as the collaborative type. I believe Dorsey also didn't know Reid before he was hired, just like Carroll wasn't buddies with Schneider.

Please be wrong.

Dont you think its a little early to make these determinations on McD?

All this speculation......:(

@viccarucci

T. Pegula will say Friday Beane controls #Bills' 53-man roster, per @RapSheet. But they'll follow #Chiefs' model w coach making final call.

That McDermott will be a puppet master for Beane. That appears to be what you are implying by saying he will ultimately get his way.

Not just on my part. See above.

I think that IF the s hits the fan, both McD and Beane will be fired - this is a package deal. Unless maybe we have a star filled team and McD just can't coach (which I find hard to believe from all that I've read about the guy) then MABYE just McD gets canned, but I think both will be held accountable.

I also think (or at least hope) they'll be given 4 - 5 years to prove themselves and their ways.

By all accounts Beane and McD have worked together in the past and have a very solid working relationship. Whaley seemingly had issues with ALL of our past coaches, so maybe he earned his "tough to work with" rep.

In the end, everyone the past regime was held accountable - literally almost everyone was FIRED! I'd bet Overdorff is next and it sounds like Russ may be losing a little sway. The Pegula's aren't afraid to make moves...