Mel Kiper grades Bills as top 5 draft

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Post dragt grades are fun, but are strictly furthering the entertainment.

We all know the cliche of it takes years to evaluate a class.

However, that being said, McDermott and the Bills came into the draft with one of the teams with the least amount of picks. Yet, McDermott turned that into a highly regarded draft and a first rounder next year.

Mayock also really liked our draft....I trust him more

Old "great pick" Mayock? I love Mike January to March. The week around the draft he becomes an NFL company man... on about all the young men getting to live their dream.

I only missed Rd4 out of the whole draft and Mayock loved every pick.

Edited by GunnerBill

Old "great pick" Mayock? I love Mike January to March. The week around the draft he becomes an NFL company man... on about all the young men getting to live their dream.

I only missed Rd4 out of the hole draft and Mayock loved every pick.

Pretty much. Jan-march he talks all about the player's flaws, but in draft day it is all about the positives. He knows his stuff, but what he says on draft day isn't very genuine

Well we basically replaced Gilmore and Woods with our first two picks, and hopefully netted a starting RT, but he's a rookie so there will be some growing pains there.

The only exciting thing that will get us ahead vs the 31 other teams also drafting good players is the extra 1st rounder, and we have no idea what that pick will be yet so....Uh... Thanks for the grade Mel, but let us know in 3 years what our grade is....

Well we basically replaced Gilmore and Woods with our first two picks, and hopefully netted a starting RT, but he's a rookie so there will be some growing pains there.

The only exciting thing that will get us ahead vs the 31 other teams also drafting good players is the extra 1st rounder, and we have no idea what that pick will be yet so....Uh... Thanks for the grade Mel, but let us know in 3 years what our grade is....

When you can't think beyond emotions you get posts like this.

Mayock also really liked our draft....I trust him more

Yup.

I've looked at several draft grading stories.

Have yet to see a negative one on Buffalo. We nailed it. I think the most pessimistic of fans can agree on this.

And we also get Ragland, and Lawson who I think is unfair to judie him off of last year, being that he missed the whole off season and was misused in a chaotic defensive scheme.

Ok. So what if we did? Woods was a hard worker but never amounted to all that much, mostly because of injuries. Gilmore was good. Gilmore would make a great play but he also made some terrible ones. I am glad i will not have to see Gilmore looking at the JumboTron acting like someone blew the coverage, besides him.

Here is to hoping we get two young guys who step in and play as good as the two we lost.

Here is to hoping we turn those two picks next year into a franchise QB for years to come.

I will take a little Kiper love. Maybe he is right about the bills drafts. Since the Bills have not made the playoffs in forever!

The talking heads are strictly entertainment. Folks taking it as anything more or anything less need to check them selves.

Right now this feels like a bunch of house wives sitting around debating about what a Kardashian said on their show.

IT'S ENTERTAINMENT! Take it for what it worth.

I am not really a pessimistic person... but I didn't really care for our draft, but I see a lot of people talking highly of it. When I look at it, I see a meh CB, but that helped us get a 1st round pick next year so I take that as a win. I see a 3rd given up to secure a 2nd round WR who looks to have some talent, or at the very least, great production against poor competition. I see 3 picks given up to secure a guy who might be a backup OL, and at best part of a RT rotation where he might or might not be playing out of position. Then later on, it's two 220lb linebackers, and one late round QB, who by many accounts could be a solid backup, so that isn't a bad pickup in the 5th round. Am I missing something on these guys? I just feel really "meh" about this draft.

Can you guys tell me why you loved the draft so much?