17 members of Bills scouting staff fired.

JM2009

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad to see Jim Monos and Rob Hanrahan leave.

As echoed by others, it's a damn shame that some families have to suffer for the sins of others. I hope at least some of them aren't out of work for long.

You are right. Also Fisher was a great scout and seem like a solid person. I'm sure those guys will find jobs soon. Edited by wppete

Bills have highest rated draft "A" and the next day fire entire scouting staff. Incredible and ironic.

Just remember trading away the ship for a wide receiver ( they now won't pick up option on) and drafting a QB from Florida who never learned to think in four years.

As are many of his posts. Nothing new. Classless for sure

Had Pegula not hired Rex, Whaley would still have a job. One horrendous head coach hiring by the owner and Whaleys inability to secure a franchise qb was his demise

I agree with you there. They didn't have expertise in the sport. Went with their gut. It got all wrong.

The blame should be shared between Brandon telling Pegula on how to hire a coach (don't have any preconceived notions, you'll just know when you have the right one) and the Pegula's for hiring Rex instead of letting the GM [Whaley] be the one that hired the coach. Constantly switching coaching schemes and not having the right personnel to run those schemes doomed this team.

That. And the seeds of this began with Russ Brandon. How did this power-sharing arrangement start? When Brandon wanted to keep being the key "guy" in the organization by having Whaley and the other clown Marrone report to him instead of giving that power to Whaley. From then on any coach that comes along will not report to Whaley, and the coach and GM likely have their power struggles when it comes to personnel instead of being on the same page.

Fact is nobody ever agrees on everything even the best of friends. This kind of structure creates power struggles that are counter-productive. Let the GM hire the coach, making sure that they see eye to eye on team direction and talent evaluation. And go from there.

Kirby, 17 years more misses than hits. If they worked normal jobs, they would have been fired long ago

Yeah idk why everyone is so sensative to these firings all of the sudden.

If I failed to do my job well for an extended period of time I would expect to be fired too.

Yeah idk why everyone is so sensative to these firings all of the sudden.

If I failed to do my job well for an extended period of time I would expect to be fired too.

No one ever said that the firings weren't okay. I said celebrating rank and file employees losing their jobs is disgusting. No one high fives their buddies when a factory closes in the Midwest and the jobs sent to Mexico (even if it makes sense for the company). Edited by Kirby Jackson

I have been laid off in the past, with a wife and 3 kids (one a year away from college) at home. Thanks, Kirby, for adding compassion to this thread. We all want is best for this team but it is best to remember that these folks are human beings too.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp

This is a dramatic restructuring.
I felt strongly Bills had some fine scouts. especially pro scouts.

right thing to do ? probably.

But this is reset might ask us for even more patience.

stupid Rex

I have been laid off in the past, with a wife and 3 kids (one a year away from college) at home. Thanks, Kirby, for adding compassion to this thread. We all want is best for this team but it is best to remember that these folks are human beings too.

Compassion should always be in play.

did not our beloved Terry weep ?

aint easy making that call.

he knows what they just did.

I usually try not to be overly sensitive here but this is beyond appalling. I know many of these people and they have wives and kids. They are good people. It's part of the business but to celebrate them losing their jobs is disgusting. These are guys that have to go home and tell their spouses that they no longer have a job. They aren't rich by any means and did their best to improve the team. There were hits and there were misses. It is a part of the business but an awful part (not one to be celebrated). Stay classy

Perfectly said.