GM Doug Whaley has been fired

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor is a talented athlete with limited upside at the QB position because of his lack of field vision, questionable decision making and his erratic accuracy.

And Whaley is open-minded enough that he is willing to go with what works, but given his druthers he'd take a more traditional pocked passer.

The narrative that he was tied to Manuel and that he pushed him on anybody is entirely false with no basis in reality.

And he didn't jack Taylor around; he read the market correctly, stood his ground and got his agent to rework the contract to make it more manageable.

My own view is that what you say above is inaccurate. I believe that Whaley wanted no part of Taylor and wanted him gone. That's what all the signs pointed to, at least as I see it. I'm happy to be proven wrong, but I suspect that I won't.

Also, while I agree with you on a more meta level about him pushing Manuel on coaches, it is 100 percent the case that he pushed him on Lynn. Taylor, coming off of his best game as a pro, wanted to play, and Lynn wanted to play him. Whaley did push Manuel on the coach in that instance.

Edited by dave mcbride

I got nothing towards that from Pegula's PC just now. If anything, he made it sounds even worse.

indeed. plain and simple - i don't need him to say anything. i need action. and i'm ok with that as long as the action is successful.

From our side, how this played out is awkward and clunky

Hopefully behind the scenes there were things that make it more logical but I think there's genuine reason to be skeptical about where we stand and what's upcoming potentially

Well said

he did, but it still wasn't worth beans. i'm not trying to throw **** on him but he is a terrible public speaker.

Pegs didn't do himself or the Bills any favors in that presser. Now we know why Whaley was sent out on his own, 'cause Pegs ain't much better. The CEO of a billion-dollar company should be a much better public speaker.

Things might get a little uncomfortable for the Bills initially if Beane, the assistant GM of the Panthers, is the new GM here. I noticed that the Bills jumped them twice for players in the draft. Hopefully nothing comes of that. But I do expect him to be the choice.

As for Whaley, he was a mixed bag here, but I thought he should've been sent packing with Rex. The bottom line with him was that he gave us non-playoff teams at SB contender salary cap prices. Overall he had more poor moves than good ones, including some bush league mistakes. I certainly don't feel the least bit bad for him as he will be collecting way more money than he was worth for his time here.

It is what it is.

Terry said he wasnt earlier in his ownership

Today just confirmed Russ still has his ear.

Terry has always said that he gets input from Russ. It doesn't mean Russ is out there pulling strings and running things.

He actually said Russ will be asked questions "if the need to".

Yeah ok he knows the thoughts about Brandon and Overdorf so he tried to skirt it. Thats why he kept saying Others when talked about who is in the search.