Randy Gregory fails another drug test

Wow. At this point, it just gets sad. Look, I'm on the pro-legalization side (uh, I live in Colorado), so while I don't like the NFL's policy, I have to agree with Goodell on the addictive nature comments. While not thought to be physically addictive, someone who seems powerless to stop using even when he knows it will ruin everything he's worked for is kind of the definition of addiction.

I think this is why the Steelers took a WR in the 2nd. Can't trust Martavis. He's conditionally reinstated, but he's let them down over and over. Bell is the same way... so they took Conner.

Imo Foster (and maybe Peppers, though no known issues in college) will have suspensions on the horizon.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Very sad. I find it difficult to grasp how I could be working at a job that pays me MILLIONS per year, and all I have to do is abstain from smoking weed. I'm no better than anyone else, but you pay me what these guys are making and I'll abstain from just about anything you want me to.

Sounds like barring a minor miracle, this guys NFL playing days are OVER..

Very sad. I find it difficult to grasp how I could be working at a job that pays me MILLIONS per year, and all I have to do is abstain from smoking weed. I'm no better than anyone else, but you pay me what these guys are making and I'll abstain from just about anything you want me to.

I'm guessing most of these habitually offending guys issues run deeper than "hey i kinda like weed" though. Especially randy Gregory at this point.

How does that song go "too much time on their hands."

Wow. At this point, it just gets sad. Look, I'm on the pro-legalization side (uh, I live in Colorado), so while I don't like the NFL's policy, I have to agree with Goodell on the addictive nature comments. While not thought to be physically addictive, someone who seems powerless to stop using even when he knows it will ruin everything he's worked for is kind of the definition of addiction.

Of course it's addictive.

It normalizes the expectation of getting high with every use.

And since it really seems so innoculous it makes it even more or a bad trap to start when you are 8 or so.

And since it really seems so innoculous it makes it even more or a bad trap to start when you are 8 or so.

And even though I'm in favor of legalization (I guess it's just my libertarian bent), I worry about this. The pro-legalization advocates need to accept the fact that there will be more people starting to use MJ, and a certain small percentage of those people will find it impossible to control their use.

And even though I'm in favor of legalization (I guess it's just my libertarian bent), I worry about this. The pro-legalization advocates need to accept the fact that there will be more people starting to use MJ, and a certain small percentage of those people will find it impossible to control their use.

My worry is that I'll soon be considered a possessor of demonic secrets because I'll be able to multiply 10 times 9 in my brain.

This could be dangerous knowledge powers if everyone youngster is sparking it up every morning at 6am, a waste-product by junior year of high school.

I think this is why the Steelers took a WR in the 2nd. Can't trust Martavis. He's conditionally reinstated, but he's let them down over and over. Bell is the same way... so they took Conner.

Imo Foster (and maybe Peppers, though no known issues in college) will have suspensions on the horizon.

This is a good thought

I know, my heart has been broken by dozens of close colleagues who damaged themselves from even "big deal whatever" drug use.

If you aren't born into a rich family you only get one strike at the plate in life, maybe not even that....

You mean like tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, or certain foods?

"Recently, commissioner Roger Goodell spoke out about the addictive nature of marijuana and how harmful it is, saying he can’t see a situation where it isn’t penalized in the league. Ironically he never mentioned all of the other addictive substances the medical staffs of teams give players to allow them to suit up on Sundays."

The pot ... it's very addictive. What an ass.