If Bills Don't Get A Franchise QB In 2018

Hasn't it been said that Mahomes is going to take at least 2 years anyway, and some of the guys next year are likely to start earlier?

Seems like there is some good depth in QBs in the next draft:

Sam Darnold, QB, USC
Height: 6-4. Weight: 225.

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Height: 6-4. Weight: 210.

Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.

Josh Allen*, QB, Wyoming
Height: 6-5. Weight: 222.

Jarrett Stidham**, QB, Auburn
Height: 6-3. Weight: 210.

Nick Fitzgerald*, QB, Mississippi State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 230.

Chase Litton*, QB, Marshall
Height: 6-6. Weight: 210.

Riley Ferguson, QB, Memphis

Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 235.

Jake Browning*, QB, Washington
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will prove that this was a GIGANTIC failure of a move. In a draft where CB was one of the deepest positions, the Bills had a chance to land the BEST of the bunch. Then, at 27, the Bills also decided that picking the 6th or 7th best CB was better than fixing the right side of the line for good.

The Bills organization has failed to make the right decisions for so long that it is tough to put any faith that they will turn that extra first rounder into the franchise QB that has been lacking for so many years. If they pull it off next year, this will be the best move ever. Until that actually happens and they get their guy, I have a hard time believing that this trade down will pay off.

What I don't understand is that by making that move last night, it clearly states that this is a rebuilding year (as if we didn't already know that). If that truly is the case, why the hell is Kyle Williams (and to a lesser extent Shady) still here. Why not make THIS year the one where they go all in to fix the problem? As it stands right now, Browns Jets and and Bills will all be looking to get their guy in 2018. If the Bills miss out by overachieving to that 7-9 record again, they will most assuredly look like they messed up yet another draft in a long line of them.

There is no if, there is only who.... They are setting themselves up to package picks to move up in case by some miracle we knock ourselves out of a top spot, the only terrible thing will be if SF, CLE or another team without a franchise QB gets a few of those top spots and we can't move up because all the teams need a QB also.

Peyton Manning was a first round #1 choice.

Rogers was picked 24th overall in the first round

Brady was picked in the sixth round compensatory pick at #199, and was Bledsoe's back up.

The six QB's selected ahead of him:

Chad Pennington (Jets)

Giovanni Carmazzi (49ers)[/size]

Chris Redman (Ravens)[/size]

Tee Marin (Steelers)[/size]

Mark Bulger (Saints)[/size]

Spergon Wynn (Browns)[/size]

tom-brady.jpg

Now there's a disgusting QB class.

Hasn't it been said that Mahomes is going to take at least 2 years anyway, and some of the guys next year are likely to start earlier?

Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Josh Allen*, QB, Wyoming

I really like Falk & Allen.

Lol, white is the 6th or 7th best CB prospect? Maybe on your board, but not anyone else's board. White had a 1st rd grade on most people's board. We got him at 27. Sounds about right, plus we got an additional 1st rd pick and a 3rd. Is Lattimore, with hamstring issues THAT much better than white AND a 3rd round pick for the upcoming season? Then factor in an additional 1st rd pick? I don't get what your saying.

This move was the opposite of Sammy Watkins trade - there was depth in draft in position of need so the Bills moved down. There was depth in Watkins draft and Bills choose to move up. The right reason for hopefully right player this time.

It will prove that this was a GIGANTIC failure of a move. In a draft where CB was one of the deepest positions, the Bills had a chance to land the BEST of the bunch. Then, at 27, the Bills also decided that picking the 6th or 7th best CB was better than fixing the right side of the line for good.

The Bills organization has failed to make the right decisions for so long that it is tough to put any faith that they will turn that extra first rounder into the franchise QB that has been lacking for so many years. If they pull it off next year, this will be the best move ever. Until that actually happens and they get their guy, I have a hard time believing that this trade down will pay off.

What I don't understand is that by making that move last night, it clearly states that this is a rebuilding year (as if we didn't already know that). If that truly is the case, why the hell is Kyle Williams (and to a lesser extent Shady) still here. Why not make THIS year the one where they go all in to fix the problem? As it stands right now, Browns Jets and and Bills will all be looking to get their guy in 2018. If the Bills miss out by overachieving to that 7-9 record again, they will most assuredly look like they messed up yet another draft in a long line of them.

To summarize:

doooom.gif

Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA

Josh Allen*, QB, Wyoming

Do you think Lamar Jackson will enter the draft?

well the media wanted Micky-d to draft the players our owners didn't show intestinal fortitude and let the first time head coach talk them into picking the players . This is what you get . I am so glad I did not pick up the club seats 231 row 1 seats 5-10 I saved 12 k while this crap burn for a year or two....

Even if he does: no thank you.

I am sure you have your reasons

Edited by liverpoolkev

Would you and others like this just stop with the tanking stuff. I wish the mods would ban that word.

The reason they did not take a "great" QB in the draft is they did not think any of the ones drafted early were "great". I can just as easily say that if none of these QBs pan out (which is more common than having them become "great") and White turns into an All Pro teams like KC will kick themselves for giving up so much instead of identifying a good CB.

there are no more excuses for missing on QBs. OBD is just lacking the ability and fortitude to choose a good one. KC already has good DBs. They know they are a QB away from a title. I'll take Andy Reid's record with QBs over anyone at OBD.

That said maybe Dennison is a QB guru who can expand TT's repertoire. That is the only acceptable reason not to take a QB at 10. If any of this year's class go on to greatness we'll spend another generation hiding our heads in the sand.

Oh no, whoever has a top 3 pick will gladly trade it to us because we have an extra first now.

They will gladly pass on these supposedly super exciting QB prospects for a couple of mid to late round 1sts

Or maybe TT blows up and has his best year in the NFL. Sammy stays healthy and Peterman develops. Then we won't need Darnold. Every pessimistic viewpoint can be cancelled out by an optimistic one.

Next year at this time some of these supposed great prospects will be considered questionable.

....except for Darnold. He's the real deal and will far out rank Rosen, Falk and the others.

And we drafted JP Losman because we didn't have a top pick which is exactly my point. We needed better trade bait than a 25th overall pick from KC. Bad trade partner

Yet, the Chiefs moved from 27 to 10. What says we couldn't trade up with that pick?

Furthermore, with the way this class looks on paper, you may not have to get the top prospect.

Yet, the Chiefs moved from 27 to 10. What says we couldn't trade up with that pick?

Furthermore, with the way this class looks on paper, you may not have to get the top prospect.

That's exactly how they ended up with Losman. They figured they could trade up for Big Ben but failed to find a trade partner and people said maybe you don't need to trade up because JP Losman looks like he could be among the top prospects. I remember watching a whole special on ESPN about how JP was just as good as Manning and Rivers. He must have had a really good agent!