If Bills Don't Get A Franchise QB In 2018

Funny, I could have sworn the Bills drafted quarterbacks this year and last year. Have they both busted already?

Talk to me in three years when Cardale, Petermen and Yates are lighting up the NFL.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be new to the NFL. Trade ups for QBs in the 1st are common. Just in the past few years you have teams trading up for RGIII, Wentz, and Bridgewater.

That's not a rigning endorsement yet that those moves were smart. Their were plenty of teams in the top six that desperatley needed QBs and they all decided to pass on Mahomes and Watson. That's not a great sign.

The 49ers, Browns and Jets should all be worse than the Bills in 2018, and if the QB class is as good as people say, no way are any of them trading down or not selecting a QB. This doesn't even include a wild card like the Chargers, who if they stink it up in 2018, may also be looking for a QB, and move on from Rivers. Here's hoping there are more than 3 QB's who can be looked at as "franchise" QB's.

[edited]If Bortles doesn't take a big step forward in 2017, you can throw the Jags into the mix also.

Honestly, we have a brutal schedule this year. Realistically, there is a chance we are 4-5 win team or even worse. And I'm not usually a doom and gloom fan. But this is one of the first seasons in a while where I feel we might have a pretty big step back. Miami could sweep us again. Pats sweep us. Lose 3 out of 4 to the AFC West. Lose 3 out of 4 to the NFC South. None of that is out of the realm of possibility. And that's 10 losses right there. If we lose week one to the Jets we will all be screaming to tank the season.

Big Ben was supposedly the 3rd best QB. Just saying.

And we drafted JP Losman because we didn't have a top pick which is exactly my point. We needed better trade bait than a 25th overall pick from KC. Bad trade partner

That's not a rigning endorsement yet that those moves were smart. Their were plenty of teams in the top six that desperatley needed QBs and they all decided to pass on Mahomes and Watson. That's not a great sign.

Browns- They always pass on QB's now. They have adopted the Bills approach

Bears-They took a QB

49ers-They might have Cousins coming for free or a chance at top 3 pick next year

Jaguars-They have a QB they took top 3 they decided to try to rehab

Jets-Coach on hot seat, possible top 3 pick next year

Chargers-Rivers still playing

Reported that Chiefs tried to trade into top 5 for Mahomes, Giants upset, Saints would have taken him, and Cardinals probably would have as well.

Sean Payton, John Gruden, Andy Reid, and Bruce Arians liking a certain QB a much better endorsement. I think those guys know a few more things than Sean about QB play.

And we drafted JP Losman because we didn't have a top pick which is exactly my point. We needed better trade bait than a 25th overall pick from KC. Bad trade partner

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for KC to be bad. There are always surprise teams, both ways

Browns- They always pass on QB's now. They have adopted the Bills approach

Bears-They took a QB

49ers-They might have Cousins coming for free or a chance at top 3 pick next year

Jaguars-They have a QB they took top 3 they decided to try to rehab

Jets-Coach on hot seat, possible top 3 pick next year

Chargers-Rivers still playing

You can throw all those theories out there but you know if any of these guys were legit prospects they would have been taken in the top five. Look at some of the recent drafts with QBs going #1 and #2 overall. Yet in this draft only one QB goes in the top 9 picks?

You can throw all those theories out there but you know if any of these guys were legit prospects they would have been taken in the top five. Look at some of the recent drafts with QBs going #1 and #2 overall. Yet in this draft only one QB goes in the top 9 picks?

Kansas City called everyone trying to get in the top 5. The first team that would let them move up from 27 was the Bills. Sorry, you are spinning hard now.

The QBs in this draft were not even as good as Mariota and Winston. I think the move by Chicago will come be viewed as a failure in 3 years.

Sorry, I just now noticed your avatar. Going to be kind of hard convincing you otherwise. LOL

:lol:

The QBs in this draft were not even as good as Mariota and Winston. I think the move by Chicago will come be viewed as a failure in 3 years.

What matters is not the class but the QB YOU can acquire. Should Raiders have passed on Derek Carr because it was a bad class? How does Mariotta or Winston help them the next year if they don't have a top 2 pick?

:lol:

What matters is not the class but the QB YOU can acquire. Should Raiders have passed on Derek Carr because it was a bad class? How does Mariotta or Winston help them the next year if they don't have a top 2 pick?

You know I agree with you, Jeff. I'm tired of arguing with folks on the other side of the argument. We will all see soon enough. (I allow for the minute possibility that Taylor, Peterman, or Cardale somehow blossom into a true franchise qb.) I suspect most will be on board with a qb in 2018 by the time the draft rolls around. It remains to be seen if we will be in a position to get one.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for KC to be bad. There are always surprise teams, both ways

that's true but KC's defense is legit now and their offense is "efficient." Andy Reid has them moving in the right direction. It's amazing what stability can bring to a franchise. I think their ceiling is 13 wins and their bottom is 9 wins. They are most likely picking deep into the 20's again

KC has had a winning record for like 4 years in a row, haven't they? Not saying it's a guarantee, but I don't see that pick being higher than 20.

Talk to me in three years when Cardale, Petermen and Yates are lighting up the NFL.

Talk to me when Mahomes is lighting up the NFL, and Tyrod, Cardale, Peterman and our extra first round pick next year have all flamed out. It might happen, but the chances are pretty good that it won't.

that's true but KC's defense is legit now and their offense is "efficient." Andy Reid has them moving in the right direction. It's amazing what stability can bring to a franchise. I think their ceiling is 13 wins and their bottom is 9 wins. They are most likely picking deep into the 20's again

Deep into the 20's is their ceiling. They did reach that ceiling last season. But more probable is proably 20-24.

KC has had a winning record for like 4 years in a row, haven't they? Not saying it's a guarantee, but I don't see that pick being higher than 20.

It's not likely to be higher than 20, but they do play in a tough division and I expect the Chargers to be much improved this year. At least the trade will give us another team to root for this season--whoever is playing the Chiefs.