RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

CB Tre'Davious White has some of the most consistent tape of this CB class. He's a technician. He tackles. And he can find the ball. Good value here for the Bills at No. 27.

Matt Bowen, ESPN Staff Writer

Sounds like Winfield Edited by mikemac2001

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lombardi's analysis is not looking at the right numbers. The relevant factor isn't increase or inflation in contracts over time. It is current price of FA CB vs price of a rookie CB. It's not even close how much the Bills are going to save in plugging and playing 27th pick White on a rookie deal over paying FA Gilmore.

(All those other named positions are in the same pay grade if not higher)

I like what happened tonight overall. The pick wasn't flashy but filled a need. The team has an extra 3rd pick tomorrow who could fill another hole.

Most importantly, we have that extra first rounder in next years strong QB class. This could give Buffalo more leverage if they end up needing to move on at quarterback next year. Makes things easier to trade up if needed.

I like what happened tonight overall. The pick wasn't flashy but filled a need. The team has an extra 3rd pick tomorrow who could fill another hole.

Most importantly, we have that extra first rounder in next years strong QB class. This could give Buffalo more leverage if they end up needing to move on at quarterback next year. Makes things easier to trade up if needed.

Astute observation, love that extra first next year. Mc D wants leaders, hard workers and intelligent players. Seems to me he's running this draft back there. I like the pick, fills a need and another 3rd tomorrow. Well done. Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

And yet, earlier in this very thread, people compare him to mckelvin. Yikes.

I don't know anything about the player and I sure the hell will never pretend that I'm smart enough to determine, today, how good ANY of these picks will be in the future.

But I sure get lots of chuckles reading the people who do.

I mean LOTS of chuckles. Draft day is my second favorite day of the off season on this board. Right after the day the schedules are released.