RD 1, Pick 27: Tre'Davious White (CB) - LSU

SDS

It's clearly a "safe" pick...........very uninspiring.

I'm trying hard to really like this pick, but it just seems too "Bills".

You liking the pick or me liking the pick or anyone else liking the pick means nothing. Only his performance on the field means something.

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people probably paid no attention to the players around the bottom of the 1st round, so most don't know much about him.

I don't know about that. Most were looking at second tier CBs knowing the size of the hole there.

I think most of us agree he's a good player... just a matter of team building philosophy debated here

I would have been happier with an OT like Ramczyk, to play RT, but can't deny Bills need a CB. White is a tackler like Gilmore wasn't, credited with only five missed tackles, rep as a team leader, low completion percentage, etc. Overall I think a good tradedown and still picking up a starter and contributor. McDermott said he was not into flash, and this is not a flashy pick, but solid.

It's a good pick but I thought in McD's scheme corners aren't important. I thought he was a zone guy

Might have re-evaluated that position when his defense **** the bed after Norman left.

Maybe they actually are using analytics now.

11:17 p.m. ET, April 27

Buffalo Bills

Round 1, pick No. 27: TreDavious White, CB, LSU

Bills steal PFFs No. 2 CB late in Round 1 after trade down

The Bills took a calculated risk earlier in the evening by moving down 17 spots with the Chiefs, and by our standards, that gamble paid off handsomely. White earned the highest overall and coverage grades in the draft class, as he gave up a completion percentage of just 42.6 into his primary coverage and defended a total of 14 passes. With the Bills losing Stephon Gilmore to the Patriots in free agency, cornerback was a huge need, and they locked up our second-highest rated prospect at the position. Josh Liskiewitz, @PFF_Josh

Good to know. Had no idea he was so highly rated.

Fine, enjoy the 5 years. Do you want to pay him $20 mil/year? Get cheap and young DB's.

I'd rather have a player that's going to be on the team long term, especially when a first round pick is used. Good first round DB's cost too much to resign after their rookie deals (see Winfield, Clements, Gilmore).

Not going to lie, I hate this pick. Not because we recycled for Gilmore (that happens all the time) but because I think we could have landed him in round 2 and we could have taken the best OL in Lamp or Robinson, I don't think White was a 1st round talent but I don't do this for a living, not bummed about it since we needed a CB but this is a deep draft for corner.

Yep I called it too. Valevictorian with GPA of 4.6. tpugs wasn't kidding about character. Now, is lattimore going to be better than white, the 3rd Rd pick and the 1st next year? Doubtful.

True, but Foster is a monster and he was there for the taking. Hard to pass up Foster at 27.