Bills decline to match Gillislee offer sheet

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the #Bills use 3 of their 7 picks on WR/CB/RB ... they'll basically be hoping to land Gilmore, Woods and Gillislee. #spinningtheirwheels

I see two possible replacements already on the roster for three of those positions.

Jonathan Williams to replace Gillislee.

Andre Holmes will not be buried on the depth chart here like he was in Oakland, so I can see him replacing Woods production.

Gilmore, is a good corner but wasn't physical enough and did not have the willingness to tackle that McDermott requires. So we will see how that plays out.

I know the Bills do not have much luck when it comes to hopeful draft picks panning out but you never know.

Edited by Captain Murica

45]

Jay SkurskiVerified account @JaySkurski

Following

More

If the #Bills use 3 of their 7 picks on WR/CB/RB ... they'll basically be hoping to land Gilmore, Woods and Gillislee. #spinningtheirwheels

if nothing else we can hope its a cheaper and more explosive WR, a cheaper and good scheme fit at CB and break even at RB. plus whatever you chalk up the savings as spent on.

that said, not my favorite situation.

Imagine a late 1st, two second rd picks and three 3rd round picks. It's possible.... we may not have those three 5ths when it's said and done but we may be able to deal for 5 or 6 picks in first 3 rounds

We have far too many glaring holes in our roster to consolidate that many picks, unfortunately.

"Not that big of a difference" couldn't be more wrong. This was just a tweet from the average fan.

Ok, I can't believe i am spending so much time on this, but here goes.

Let's assume that JWill replicates his YPC average from 2016 (probably unlikely given he's going to be a year further from his injury and in his sophomore year). Then let's assume he get's the same amount of carries that MG got last year. The different in yards would be about 200 yards over the course of the year. Spread that out over 16 games and it's 13 yards a game less that we get from the RB position with JWill, assuming worst case scenario (that JWill doesn't progress at all and MG would have stayed the same).

You're going to say, what about TDs. I would submit that TDs are more of a fantasy football metric in terms of player evaluation. In other words, if JWill is put in on the goal line, he gets some TDs.

if nothing else we can hope its a cheaper and more explosive WR, a cheaper and good scheme fit at CB and break even at RB. plus whatever you chalk up the savings as spent on.

It really feels like the spinning the wheels number of folks on this board and in general are growing year by year. We just plug the holes from our FA loses and never improve the critical positions. We are so short-term oriented and have zero long-term planning. It's just shameful and I am really hoping for something out of character for us this draft....

We'd have to hit on more players in a single draft than we have in the last four years to make that a reality.

Ditto.

one might think it helps theres though.

Won't affect the Pats SB ambitions one bit. They ain't getting there or not based on who the backup RB is. Probably not even based on who the starting RB is for that team. And no team has hurt the Pats SB ambitions over the years less than the Bills. To think retaining MG would make a damnbit of difference in that dept is crazy.

If anything, the signing of MG will show whether analytics is real or fake news.

Based on all the articles I've read on their offer, Pats went after MG based on the recommendation from their stats department.

The Bills saw Gilly as a change of pace back. Not a workhorse. In the play I have seen from him I agree.

They must realize, like 99% of draftniks, that this is a RB loaded draft. It goes without saying that Shady is getting up there and if Gilly can't be that guy, move on.

Pats take Gilly, we draft our replacement and future workhorse this year when it now makes sense. It became a need at a time when a surplus of young, cheap talent will be found surprisingly late in this draft. I'm good with this move.

All of this for a guy we picked up for diddly$$.

Seems like a no-brainer.