Gregg Allman reportedly enters hospice: update rip

The Poojer

maybe not the same band, but a helluva band nonetheless, with Warren and Derek and Oteil, they were an outstanding version of the band

we saw the allmans a bunch at highschool. loved the shows. as things went on the band just withered away. once dickey betts was done, it was no longer the same band imo.

we saw the allmans a bunch at highschool. loved the shows. as things went on the band just withered away. once dickey betts was done, it was no longer the same band imo.

Betts was done 15 years before they booted him out for good. The band was no longer the same when Duane and Berry died. Duane

was the engine for the Allmans. Got too,hang with Greg a few times after he divorced Cher and moved too Marin county. Great guy

but really puished his body. For him getting the band back together was huge. And getting Derek and Warren was awesome.

This just sucks. But not unexpected.

Betts was done 15 years before they booted him out for good. The band was no longer the same when Duane and Berry died. Duane

was the engine for the Allmans. Got too,hang with Greg a few times after he divorced Cher and moved too Marin county. Great guy

but really puished his body. For him getting the band back together was huge. And getting Derek and Warren was awesome.

This just sucks. But not unexpected.

this is true. those old, live albums are the absolute greatest. i was given the duane allman anthology years ago as a gift, and it shows what an incredible guitarist he was. didn't someone associated with the band recently commit suicide? maybe trucks?

maybe not the same band, but a helluva band nonetheless, with Warren and Derek and Oteil, they were an outstanding version of the band

were they still good in the last few years? i just assumed they were fading like most older bands.

this is true. those old, live albums are the absolute greatest. i was given the duane allman anthology years ago as a gift, and it shows what an incredible guitarist he was. didn't someone associated with the band recently commit suicide? maybe trucks?

were they still good in the last few years? i just assumed they were fading like most older bands.

Yea Butch Trucks commited suicide in front of his,wife. Saw him last year and his other son played guitar. He was no Derek Trucks.

He would also bring out his daughter to sing. He had a couple of bands. That was called the freight train band. His unique drumming style will be missed.

The people that work at Hospice are a special breed IMO and we're all lucky that people like that exist.

I'm not cut from that cloth, but I'm grateful some people are. I really don't think I could do it.

I'm not cut from that cloth, but I'm grateful some people are. I really don't think I could do it.

Me neither, but I have the utmost respect for those who do it. I really don't understand how they can. Life can be funny though. Sometimes you get the most appreciation from the things you least like experiencing.

http://97x.com/gregg-allman-enters-hospice/

Gregg’s statement follows: “Hey everyone. I just wanted y’all to know that I’m currently home in Savannah resting on my doctor’s orders. I want to thank you for all the love that you are sending. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Keep Rockin’ “

Read More: Gregg Allman Denys Hospice, Thanks Fans For The Love | http://97x.com/gregg-allman-enters-hospice/?trackback=tsmclip

He's really connected to Buffalo somehow. In the early 70s, a number of ABB brothers came to Brylin (Linwood Bryant at the time) for rehab, then he had the whole Cher thing where they kept coming here to try to patch things up...............And, I know people from the Southtowns who say that he used to live there and they would see him and talk to him at some bars.

He's really connected to Buffalo somehow. In the early 70s, a number of ABB brothers came to Brylin (Linwood Bryant at the time) for rehab, then he had the whole Cher thing where they kept coming here to try to patch things up...............And, I know people from the Southtowns who say that he used to live there and they would see him and talk to him at some bars.

They really did have a Buffalo connection. Early on Their road manager (stabbed) and killed Aliota in the club over a bar tab.

The people that work at Hospice are a special breed IMO and we're all lucky that people like that exist.

I used to hire for hospice care and I don't see how they can do it. Even though they've been through it several times before, I used to get calls at my office from a crying employee. You can try not to get emotionally attached but I think it's damn near impossible.

Worst call ever was one of my employees was going to her patients house. She would go through the garage. When the garage door opened all the way up, she found the body of her patients son. He killed himself with a gun. He was in his 50's and never moved out of the house...just lived with his mom his whole life. I'm guessing he couldn't bear seeing his mother dead so he ended his life before she passed.

The creepy part was he signed the time sheets and faxed them to me. His last written word was the cover letter with attention to my name...then pulled the trigger.

I told my employee to call the police. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think she ended up dying within 48 hours after.

• 1 month later...

RIP buddy. Great influence on my musical interests.

BTW Gov't Mule plays Summer Camp tonight. Should be interesting. Let him play all night.

EDIT 2. moe. and Umphrey's McGee also have 2 sets tonight. Holy shite that place is going to be littered with ABB covers. I'd love to hear UM do Jessica. I know that's a Dickey song but they nail it. Wish I was there.

Edited by Chef Jim

RIP, Gregg. I'll be cranking some Allman Brothers tonight, in his honor.

I never heard the story of the band manager and Aliotta before. Very interesting.

Two years later, Texas instruments released the first handheld calculator........which Angelo could really have used. RIP :cry:

I remember when my father got one. You needed a big hand, and they were hundreds of 1970's dollars. Now they can give away ones as small as a playing card in a box of cereal. Crazy! What will our kids see?

Hate the term southern rock. Saw the band in all the local venues. All my favorites are passing away. When your a certain age you go day to day.

In my opinion the best band that US had to offer

RIP, Gregg. I'll be cranking some Allman Brothers tonight, in his honor.

I never heard the story of the band manager and Aliotta before. Very interesting.

Read the book

Hate the term southern rock. Saw the band in all the local venues. All my favorites are passing away. When your a certain age you go day to day.

In my opinion the best band that US had to offer

Read the book

I've read hundreds of books, maybe thousands. Did you have a particular one in mind?

RIP buddy. Great influence on my musical interests.

BTW Gov't Mule plays Summer Camp tonight. Should be interesting. Let him play all night.

EDIT 2. moe. and Umphrey's McGee also have 2 sets tonight. Holy shite that place is going to be littered with ABB covers. I'd love to hear UM do Jessica. I know that's a Dickey song but they nail it. Wish I was there.

Update: UM had a nice long Jessica tease in Cut Off. A very sweet reggae version.