Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean other then firing coaches for non performance?

I disagree completely.....the Pegula's dont hang onto coaches that dont win.

I'm not saying they won't eventually get there and make a decision. It's the process and the fact they do everything by committee that is the issue IMO. I also think he, she or they (depends!) hates firing people to the point he'd rather not do it despite overwhelming evidence that supports a change.

If you were the owner, would you have waited so long to fire Ryan, knowing the shenanigans that were going on? I don't think he got fired for the record but all of the behind the scenes nonsense that later came out. If record was a real performance metric for a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in so long, Doug Whaley would have been fired already.

Edited by dpberr

So, who from among the low-brow, low-class populace of Western New York will step up and save us from the "embarrassment" of the Bills and Sabres? JM? Rico?

This is the perfect setup for a "your mom" reply, but I won't go there.

Really?

Overpaid Mccoy after the trade.

Overpaid Dareus.

Wasted draft picks to get EJ

wasted draft picks to get an oft injured WR

No leadership ever drafted on the team

These two alone have put us in cap hell.

Then Kujo, our entire draft class last year was on IR pretty much to start the season.

Pissing in Rex's cheerios every morning to where Rex said hell with this, let me out of here.

LB's are a disaster

DB's are a disaster

No WR's

QB beyond TT who is only average is nonexistant.

Whaley should have been fired last season.

LOL at the Rex part. He probably didn't want Rex and Pegula remembered so cut him a break.

Rex came in with one of the top fronts in football....drafted 3 front 7......which was Whaley doing him a favor.....and left the team needing front 7. Rex was the disaster.

Doug Whaley is on borrowed time and we all know it. His power position with this organization has clearly diminished over the last few months. And unless he hits one out of the park with this upcoming draft, he's pretty much gone. His legacy will be the disaster of EJ Manuel and the over valuing of Sammy Watkins. Not to mention a couple of contracts that were way more than they should have been with Dareus and Clay...

Tim Murray was a boss who owned every decision, welcomed criticism when something didn't work, accepted complete accountability for everything....and got fired.

He should have taken a page out of Doug Whaley's book. Yes men go far at Pegula Sports and Entertainment.

Doug Whaley is on borrowed time and we all know it. His power position with this organization has clearly diminished over the last few months. And unless he hits one out of the park with this upcoming draft, he's pretty much gone. His legacy will be the disaster of EJ Manuel and the over valuing of Sammy Watkins. Not to mention a couple of contracts that were way more than they should have been with Dareus and Clay...

So Whaley is going to be evaluated on his draft right after he does it??? Based on what? The draft score McShay and Kiper give him? I'll go out on a limb and say Whaley is here for quite a while longer than most think.

So, who from among the low-brow, low-class populace of Western New York will step up and save us from the "embarrassment" of the Bills and Sabres? JM? Rico?

Since you asked,

I don't really give a !@#$ what happens to the Sabres, but I do have a 3-step plan to fix the Bills.

1. Throw all of Ralph's trash to the curb.

2. Replace them with football people that have no association with Ralph or any of his trash.

3. If the new people aren't successful after 3 years at most, repeat step 2.

It all begins with step 1 though. :)

Tim Murray was a boss who owned every decision, welcomed criticism when something didn't work, accepted complete accountability for everything....and got fired.

He should have taken a page out of Doug Whaley's book. Yes men go far at Pegula Sports and Entertainment.

Murray botched everything, talk down to everyone and got exactly what he deserved. Show me the unexpected gem he found.

Granted NFL rosters are such bigger but Whaley has found some good unexpected players and had other good moves:

Incognito, Miller, MG, Darby, Hughes, Darby, Seymour, Cockrell....who Rex botched.., Alexander, Z Borwn,

He's had misses but nothing like Murray.

So Whaley is going to be evaluated on his draft right after he does it??? Based on what? The draft score McShay and Kiper give him? I'll go out on a limb and say Whaley is here for quite a while longer than most think.

Whaley doesn't even have the authority to hire his own HCs. That isn't an indication that he is as secure in his position as much as you think he is. He for the most part assembled the roster; and he will be held accountable for the results. If the team flounders as I expect he will be dispatched. That's how the owner responds as the boss in his short history as an owner of the two pro teams demonstrate.

Whaley doesn't even have the authority to hire his own HCs. That isn't an indication that he is as secure in his position as much as you think he is. He for the most part assembled the roster; and he will be held accountable for the results. If the team flounders as I expect he will be dispatched. That's how the owner responds as the boss in his short history as an owner of the two pro teams demonstrate.

Whaley would have made the playoffs if he hired Hue Jackson and had Schwartz running the D. Oh well, the same old continues.

I'm not saying they won't eventually get there and make a decision. It's the process and the fact they do everything by committee that is the issue IMO. I also think he, she or they (depends!) hates firing people to the point he'd rather not do it despite overwhelming evidence that supports a change.

If you were the owner, would you have waited so long to fire Ryan, knowing the shenanigans that were going on? I don't think he got fired for the record but all of the behind the scenes nonsense that later came out. If record was a real performance metric for a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in so long, Doug Whaley would have been fired already.

I never would have hired him

A deplorable?

Since you asked,

I don't really give a !@#$ what happens to the Sabres, but I do have a 3-step plan to fix the Bills.

1. Throw all of Ralph's trash to the curb.

2. Replace them with football people that have no association with Ralph or any of his trash.

3. If the new people aren't successful after 3 years at most, repeat step 2.

It all begins with step 1 though. :)

The first blown chance at that was when Maroon resigned.

I would love to see Jerry Sullivan get the raider's treatment

There was a "media" guy that literally got kicked out of a Raiders press conference mafia style a couple of years ago.......reminded me SOOOO much of Jerry Sullivan

Maybe the Bills could hire Chicago airport security and have United sponsor their pressers...

no reason to fire Whaley. Sullivan continues the news crusade against the pegs . Maybe they should clean house at the Buffalo news sports department , that is a true dumpster fire.

I also find it funny the news goes out of the way to kill Terry and Kim not realizing wthout them there would be no reason for the paper to have a sports department

Edited by baskingridgebillsfan

Buddy Nix says "Hello".