Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

i mean this in a serious question:

Who the hell is still reading Jerry Sullivan ????????

Seriously havent taken a peek in atleast 15 years probably more. Put on a clown show in the McDermott presser. There is a reason he hasnt moved on to another paper.....like the rest at TBN lifers. The best guy they had Tyler Dunne, looked around and said I can't be lump in with this group of no talents I'm out. The rest stay because no one else will hire them.

Whats beyond belief is apparently some people still read them- it's unreal

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's much, much better than EJ, yet our GM didn't think so. That's scary. Average is way better than EJ could ever be.

not sure what the two have to do with each other. Whaley watched Taylor for two years and wanted to do better. That is fair. Now weather he was able to find better in this offseason is debatable. Whaley would tell you I know what Taylor can't do , lets try something else. The coach will say I know at what Taylor can do why take a chance we will down grade. Both points are valid

i mean this in a serious question:

Who the hell is still reading Jerry Sullivan ????????

Seriously havent taken a peek in atleast 15 years probably more. Put on a clown show in the McDermott presser. There is a reason he hasnt moved on to another paper.....like the rest at TBN lifers. The best guy they had Tyler Dunne, looked around and said I can't be lump in with this group of no talents I'm out. The rest stay because no one else will hire them.

Whats beyond belief is apparently some people still read them- it's unreal

See my post above. Ridiculous statement made by Sullivan today.

not sure what the two have to do with each other. Whaley watched Taylor for two years and wanted to do better. That is fair. Now weather he was able to find better in this offseason is debatable. Whaley would tell you I know what Taylor can't do , lets try something else. The coach will say I know at what Taylor can do why take a chance we will down grade. Both points are valid

Not sure-the guy pushed a bad NFL QB over a better one. He's bad at evaluating QBs.

That was ridiculous, but he's right about Whaley. If you notice, Whaley doesn't get much love from the National media either. It's not a conspiracy. It's all about results.

in ny they have two papers one in the yankee paper the other the mets paper, each paper bashes the team that they do not favor. I would guess it comes down to who advertises with them, but who knows. My question is in a one paper town how does it make sense to purposely run down your hometown teams. I am not saying they should be overly slanted like Msnbc of Fox , It would be refreshing if they wrote factual down the middle pieces .

no reason to fire Whaley. Sullivan continues the news crusade against the pegs . Maybe they should clean house at the Buffalo news sports department , that is a true dumpster fire.

I also find it funny the news goes out of the way to kill Terry and Kim not realizing wthout them there would be no reason for the paper to have a sports department

Roght!?!!!!

I watched a video on the News website with Skurski, Vic and Sullivan. Sullivan stated that he felt today was the worst day ever in Buffalo sports history. Apparently part of that relates to a sewer problem that caused flooding in the Bisons locker room.

So the worst day in Buffalo sports history is because of:

1. A sewer problem

2. An issue with Kuandijo where something happened with the young man (and where Rodak said Dijo did not ask for the police to shoot him, in contrast to what Sullivan claimed)

3. A coach and GM getting fired after several unsuccessful Sabres season

4. A routine press conference with the Bills HC (which apparently was bad because the reporters are indignant that the team is sticking to its one voice policy, and because despite being told repeatedly the HC and GM will work together on the draft they won't accept that).

So this is the worst day in Buffalo sports history according to Sullivan. Well, just off the top of my head here's a few other candidates:

Wide right

4th SB loss

Kevin Everett

The goal that wasn't a goal

Death of Ralph Wilson

Buffalo Braves leaving

Polian leaving

Jim Kelly and his cancer diagnosis

Bruce, Andre, and Thurman leaving the same day

The lateral that wasn't called a lateral

I realize none left of these may be as bad as a HC having a press conference, or heaven forbid a sewer problem, but they seemed like bad days to me.

This may be the dumbest statement I have ever heard made by a member of the media.

Bahahaaaa, well put

in ny they have two papers one in the yankee paper the other the mets paper, each paper bashes the team that they do not favor. I would guess it comes down to who advertises with them, but who knows. My question is in a one paper town how does it make sense to purposely run down your hometown teams. I am not saying they should be overly slanted like Msnbc of Fox , It would be refreshing if they wrote factual down the middle pieces .

Sports writers are not fans. Sugar coating an organization that has not been to the playoffs in 17 years would be a disservice to everyone. Sullivan goes to far at times, but the general pessimism is warranted.

Im done....this guy is awful.

Maybe learn how to spell "doofus" or critique, and I'll get back to you. Apparently you are the biggest Bills/Whaley apologist on here-- there is no way to have a rational conversation with someone that doesn't think objectively.

Just a couple points-- 2014 draft-- Ebron was a mistake by the Lions, and if he had been picked by Whaley, the same would be true. You get paid to make the right decisions (that would have been Beckham).

As for Gillislee-- it is very unlikely the Bills will find a 5th rounder who is as productive as he has been-- in a run oriented offense. Why take the risk? It makes no sense.

Edited by par73

Sports writers are not fans. Sugar coating an organization that has not been to the playoffs in 17 years would be a disservice to everyone. Sullivan goes to far at times, but the general pessimism is warranted.

pegs has nothing to do with the 17 years. he is hovering around 500 in his three years. not great but hardly a disaster. The 17 year narrative should never be part of conversation about Pegs.

As for Sugar coating, I would just like some journalism instead of these hatchet jobs .

Maybe learn how to spell "doofus" or critique, and I'll get back to you. Apparently you are the biggest Bills/Whaley apologist on here-- there is no way to have a rational conversation with someone that doesn't think objectively.

Just a couple points-- 2014 draft-- Ebron was a mistake by the Lions, and if he had been picked by Whaley, the same would be true. You get paid to make the right decisions (tht would have been Beckham).

As for Gillislee-- it is very unlikely the Bills will find a 5th rounder who is as productive as he has been-- in a run oriented offense. Why take the risk? It makes no sense.

where did he find Mike g ? off of the trash heap. The fact that you are overly concerned about a back up rb shows how little you understand

pegs has nothing to do with the 17 years. he is hovering around 500 in his three years. not great but hardly a disaster. The 17 year narrative should never be part of conversation about Pegs.

As for Sugar coating, I would just like some journalism instead of these hatchet jobs .

Yes, and I've stated that before about the Pegulas. 24-24 isn't terrible. Not good enough either.

Just a couple points-- 2014 draft-- Ebron was a mistake by the Lions, and if he had been picked by Whaley, the same would be true. You get paid to make the right decisions (tht would have been Beckham).

This assumes two things: that they won't match the deal and that if they don't they'll take a RB with the 5th pick they get. Neither is necessarily valid.

it is a fact. the are not in trouble. think of it as a break glass if needed. They haven't needed the money so why do anything. Now if you tell me if they there was a top ten QB available and they needed 30 million and couldn't make it happen , you would have a point

When you consider they need help at CB, S, LB, WR, RT--- not to mention, QB -- I'd say they have issues.

Because I told you it doesn't matter-those people are not incoming GMs. Whaley was.

Then Whaley should not be tagged with those picks. Only incoming GMs set up the draft boards? That's not right. If Whaley set up the board and owns EJ for it then why wouldn't the ones who set up the board for him take the heat for the last three years?

Then Whaley should not be tagged with those picks. Only incoming GMs set up the draft boards? That's not right. If Whaley set up the board and owns EJ for it then why wouldn't the ones who set up the board for him take the heat for the last three years?

Because your logic destroys some folks' arguments.