Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in cap jail? really? how so

Is this for real? They are about 10 mill. under before the draft. Whaley put a low tender on Gillislee due to money constraints. The Dareus contract, for one, is an abomination. The Watkins trade, alone, should have gotten Whaley canned.

Is this for real? They are about 10 mill. under before the draft. Whaley put a low tender on Gillislee due to money constraints. The Dareus contract, for one, is an abomination. The Watkins trade, alone, should have gotten Whaley canned.

Darn shame you didn't have $1.4B a couple of years ago.

Whaley's drafts are from '14, 15, and '16. Too soon to judge whether they're horrible or good.

Yeah I was just about to get to that

The top players of this past draft.....Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland....

Lawson.....didnt even play a full season due to surgery he had right BEFORE the season. If he comes out and is a force for us this year.....def a good pick

Ragland....was the talk fo camp until a freak torn ACL.....was considered the best pure mlb of this past draft.....if he comes out and is the same player

Just those two picks would bump up Whaley's draft grade......and of course you have to figure in the replacements he found off the wall mart blue light special rack

I watched a video on the News website with Skurski, Vic and Sullivan. Sullivan stated that he felt today was the worst day ever in Buffalo sports history. Apparently part of that relates to a sewer problem that caused flooding in the Bisons locker room.

So the worst day in Buffalo sports history is because of:

1. A sewer problem

2. An issue with Kuandijo where something happened with the young man (and where Rodak said Dijo did not ask for the police to shoot him, in contrast to what Sullivan claimed)

3. A coach and GM getting fired after several unsuccessful Sabres season

4. A routine press conference with the Bills HC (which apparently was bad because the reporters are indignant that the team is sticking to its one voice policy, and because despite being told repeatedly the HC and GM will work together on the draft they won't accept that).

So this is the worst day in Buffalo sports history according to Sullivan. Well, just off the top of my head here's a few other candidates:

Wide right

4th SB loss

Kevin Everett

The goal that wasn't a goal

Death of Ralph Wilson

Buffalo Braves leaving

Polian leaving

Jim Kelly and his cancer diagnosis

Bruce, Andre, and Thurman leaving the same day

The lateral that wasn't called a lateral

I realize none left of these may be as bad as a HC having a press conference, or heaven forbid a sewer problem, but they seemed like bad days to me.

This may be the dumbest statement I have ever heard made by a member of the media.

You dont even know

- What free agent have we lost out on due to not having money? We could have EASILY moved some contracts around if we needed more

- ANY other NFL team ANY OTHER NFL TEAM is going to give their top 3 pick that contract......so I dont know wtf you are even talking about

- How do you know that Whaley isnt using other teams to set the marked on Mike...you dont.....and just in case they did in fact bring Tolbert in as insurance

- Sammy Watkins had the same injury as Dez Bryant......its not Whaley's fault about the injury....and if you are getting the next Julio Jones its WELL worth 2 picks....then he did in fact....WITHOUT HAVING A FIRST ROUND PICK THE FOLLOWING YEAR......get Darby in the 2nd.....who was a runner up rookie D player of the year

Sooooooo what else ya got?

you do know that reworking the Glenn and Darius contracts gets them close to 20 million if they wanted to. You also know they have a fortune to play with next offseason.

Whaley's drafts are from '14, 15, and '16. Too soon to judge whether they're horrible or good.

2014? There is Watkins. All else that's left-- Kouandjio (injury issues, non-starter at best), and P. Brown-- lousy after his first year.

2015? No first due to above trade, Darby (regressed last year-- we will see), J. Miller (adequate at guard)--that's about it.

2016? First round pick was damaged goods-- we were told the Bills drafted three starters in the first round. A. Washington didn't distinguish himself.

Not to mention 2013, where even if he wasn't acting GM-- he had major input in the Manuel pick.

I watched a video on the News website with Skurski, Vic and Sullivan. Sullivan stated that he felt today was the worst day ever in Buffalo sports history. Apparently part of that relates to a sewer problem that caused flooding in the Bisons locker room.

So the worst day in Buffalo sports history is because of:

1. A sewer problem

2. An issue with Kuandijo where something happened with the young man (and where Rodak said Dijo did not ask for the police to shoot him, in contrast to what Sullivan claimed)

3. A coach and GM getting fired after several unsuccessful Sabres season

4. A routine press conference with the Bills HC (which apparently was bad because the reporters are indignant that the team is sticking to its one voice policy, and because despite being told repeatedly the HC and GM will work together on the draft they won't accept that).

So this is the worst day in Buffalo sports history according to Sullivan. Well, just off the top of my head here's a few other candidates:

Wide right

4th SB loss

Kevin Everett

The goal that wasn't a goal

Death of Ralph Wilson

Buffalo Braves leaving

Polian leaving

Jim Kelly and his cancer diagnosis

Bruce, Andre, and Thurman leaving the same day

The lateral that wasn't called a lateral

I realize none left of these may be as bad as a HC having a press conference, or heaven forbid a sewer problem, but they seemed like bad days to me.

This may be the dumbest statement I have ever heard made by a member of the media.

when you are devoid of talent you say things like this is the worst day in Buffalo sports

Darn shame you didn't have $1.4B a couple of years ago.

LOL-- never said I was qualified to be an NFL GM. Just see too many mistakes by the guy who holds that spot here. Most others see that, as well.

2014? There is Watkins. All else that's left-- Kouandjio (injury issues, non-starter at best), and P. Brown-- lousy after his first year.

2015? No first due to above trade, Darby (regressed last year-- we will see), J. Miller (adequate at guard)--that's about it.

2016? First round pick was damaged goods-- we were told the Bills drafted three starters in the first round. A. Washington didn't distinguish himself.

Not to mention 2013, where even if he wasn't acting GM-- he had major input in the Manuel pick.

Manuel; you have to take your shot with qbs many more miss then hit.

Watkins trade tbd

Darby and Miller appear they will be long time starters

2016 everyone seems to forget about Seymour . plus listenbee, Lawson and Ragland basically red shirted

We'll find out much more about the 2016 draft this season. Plenty of time to see what we get out of '15 in Darby and Miller who was much improved last season. Sammy, CK, and PBrown from 14 could all still fill important roles with Sammy ready to be great if he can overcome the foot issues. I think you're 3 over par at least with the premature evaluations.

Manuel; you have to take your shot with qbs many more miss then hit.

Watkins trade tbd

Darby and Miller appear they will be long time starters

2016 everyone seems to forget about Seymour . plus listenbee, Lawson and Ragland basically red shirted

Whaley pushed EJ on two Coaching staffs and said he had the "it" factor. The same GM wanted Taylor off the roster.

Its as simple as that huh?

ok your just full of crap.....stopping here

trololololol

LOL-- never said I was qualified to be an NFL GM. Just see too many mistakes by the guy who holds that spot here. Most others see that, as well.

Your not even qualified to CRITIQ an nfl gm doofas