Sullivan: One GM gone, one to go.

JM2009

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont even know

- What free agent have we lost out on due to not having money? We could have EASILY moved some contracts around if we needed more

- ANY other NFL team ANY OTHER NFL TEAM is going to give their top 3 pick that contract......so I dont know wtf you are even talking about

- How do you know that Whaley isnt using other teams to set the marked on Mike...you dont.....and just in case they did in fact bring Tolbert in as insurance

- Sammy Watkins had the same injury as Dez Bryant......its not Whaley's fault about the injury....and if you are getting the next Julio Jones its WELL worth 2 picks....then he did in fact....WITHOUT HAVING A FIRST ROUND PICK THE FOLLOWING YEAR......get Darby in the 2nd.....who was a runner up rookie D player of the year

Sooooooo what else ya got?

You don't move up that far in a draft for anybody other than a QB-- a position almost completely neglected by Whaley (and in a great WR draft).

He could have avoided any issue with Gillislee, simply by placing a 2nd round tender on him.

What free agents have been lost out on? I don't know-- because the Bills don't have the money to pursue any high priced players, due to cap mismanagement. Is that enough?

We'll find out much more about the 2016 draft this season. Plenty of time to see what we get out of '15 in Darby and Miller who was much improved last season. Sammy, CK, and PBrown from 14 could all still fill important roles with Sammy ready to be great if he can overcome the foot issues. I think you're 3 over par at least with the premature evaluations.

Your being generous....this guy couldnt hit a golf ball with a baseball bat

Ok I get it. He set up the draft board for Nix. That being said, Who set up his draft board in '14, '15 and '16 for him? Does that person own those draft picks?

Those people were not the incoming GM. Whaley was. He would want his own guys. Nix was phased out.

Your being generous....this guy couldnt hit a golf ball with a baseball bat

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

You don't move up that far in a draft for anybody other than a QB-- a position almost completely neglected by Whaley (and in a great WR draft).

Says who.....and you do realize that if we DID NOT move up in that draft we were about to select a TE what has been horrible with the Lions

He could have avoided any issue with Gillislee, simply by placing a 2nd round tender on him.

Perhaps....perhaps he is trying to get an extra draft pick...perhaps no other team would have tried to sign him.......got those powerball numbers lol

What free agents have been lost out on? I don't know-- because the Bills don't have the money to pursue any high priced players, due to cap mismanagement. Is that enough?

at least you got it right in the last part of your post.

Those people were not the incoming GM. Whaley was. He would want his own guys. Nix was phased out.

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

again. there are not many gm's that have a clean record when it comes to picking qb's . If anything he should be taking more shots until he hits on one

Manuel; you have to take your shot with qbs many more miss then hit.

Watkins trade tbd

Darby and Miller appear they will be long time starters

2016 everyone seems to forget about Seymour . plus listenbee, Lawson and Ragland basically red shirted

In 2016, the Bills draft was supposed to help right away. That didn't happen, because they drafted a guy who was already hurt in the first round.

I don't think Watson is tbd-- they could have had Beckham without giving up the first rounder in 2015.

Manuel? He was a third or fourth round value. Nix himself, on the infamous taped phone call, admitted it was a terrible year for QB's. You can't force a pick like that-- even for a QB.

JM....and?

Teams miss on qbs ALL THE TIME......dont blame Whaley for missing on EJ Manuel.....blame him for not attempting more swings at the qb....which is actually a legit grip.

again. there are not many gm's that have a clean record when it comes to picking qb's . If anything he should be taking more shots until he hits on one

I'm all for drafting more QBs, but not a GM that insisted EJ and the "it" factor, while wanting Taylor off the roster. terrible QB evaluator IMO.

In 2016, the Bills draft was supposed to help right away. That didn't happen, because they drafted a guy who was already hurt in the first round.

I don't think Watson is tbd-- they could have had Beckham without giving up the first rounder in 2015.

Manuel? He was a third or fourth round value. Nix himself, on the infamous taped phone call, admitted it was a terrible year for QB's. You can't force a pick like that-- even for a QB.

Im done....this guy is awful.

you do know that reworking the Glenn and Darius contracts gets them close to 20 million if they wanted to. You also know they have a fortune to play with next offseason.

I haven't heard any news on that being broached. Still, they got themselves in a hole trying to win right away-- and failing.

What has Taylor shown to make you think he will ever be anything but Average at best ?

He's much, much better than EJ, yet our GM didn't think so. That's scary. Average is way better than EJ could ever be.

Do I really need to bring up Nix saying he wanted to make sure he drafted a QB before he left?

I haven't heard any news on that being broached. Still, they got themselves in a hole trying to win right away-- and failing.

it is a fact. the are not in trouble. think of it as a break glass if needed. They haven't needed the money so why do anything. Now if you tell me if they there was a top ten QB available and they needed 30 million and couldn't make it happen , you would have a point