Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

zevo

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Hernandez choose a thug's life. Although his father died when he was sixteen, he grew up in a fairly middle class home. Bristol Connecticut is not exactly a hell hole. He became infatuated with thuggery. He shot and killed unarmed people. His suicde is a final act of cowardice.

The discussion here is an interesting one from the existential, to the theological, with a hint of conspiracy.

I won't join in with the celebration. This is simply the final act in a terrible story of wasted life, both that of a talented young man on the wrong path and those of the people who he killed or had a hand in killing.

Very well said, GB.

Man-o-man, it just never. had. to be like this.

or was he murdered ?

Later Gator!

Made me laugh guys. Thanks.

On another note - I think suicide should be made an option for anyone sentenced to life in prison. What end does it really serve to keep them alive in prison if they don't want to live anymore? They are broken humans. Let them die if they so choose.

I won't join in with the celebration. This is simply the final act in a terrible story of wasted life, both that of a talented young man on the wrong path and those of the people who he killed or had a hand in killing.

Agree. This is a sad story all the way around.

Well his lawyer Jose Baez filed an investigation on behalf of the family, he believes that Hernandez was murdered. Either by inmates or personnel inside the prison, he believes it was orchestrated as Hernandez had no signs of an individual who would end his life.

Round and round we go...

From millionaire to dead druggie wannabee thug.

What a terrible tale.

like some sort of Shakespearean tragedy. Couldn't/Wouldn't shake those who he grew up with. Ended up using his money and fame for nothing good and only hurt/killed others and then himself. Awful.

Well his lawyer Jose Baez filed an investigation on behalf of the family, he believes that Hernandez was murdered. Either by inmates or personnel inside the prison, he believes it was orchestrated as Hernandez had no signs of an individual who would end his life.

Round and round we go...

Really? The prison staff killed him because....why? They are used to dealing with people like him all day long. He just got two no-guilty verdicts. Perhaps his lawyer gave him the impression that he would be free after that (forgetting to inform him that he was in jail on a life sentence?).

And how would he have been murdered at 2:30am when the doors to the cells are locked?

I think an investigation should always be done for prison suicides, but coming out and blaming the jail and/or other inmates right off the bat is bad form.

Round and round we go...

He obviously had mental issues going all the way back to college. Signs a $40 million contract and then murders his GF brother? Yeah...he's not right in the head.

Really? The prison staff killed him because....why? They are used to dealing with people like him all day long. He just got two no-guilty verdicts. Perhaps his lawyer gave him the impression that he would be free after that (forgetting to inform him that he was in jail on a life sentence?).

And how would he have been murdered at 2:30am when the doors to the cells are locked?

I think an investigation should always be done for prison suicides, but coming out and blaming the jail and/or other inmates right off the bat is bad form.

I'm just relaying the message, obviously I have no idea what happened nor do I claim to know what does or doesn't happen in a prison.

If you read Jose Baez Twitter and some links related to this case the timing of this seems very odd. It's clear Baez thought he could get the other verdict overturned and the result would have been a free Hernandez. This guy has to have been the man that would have the most influence over AH, so wouldn't he believe it was possible? Heck he just got off the other two murders?

a predictable if extreme consequence of embracing the thug life

now if we can just get the twenty million others to realize their mistake before its too late

Well said.

Thug life = prison and early death.

But at least this will save the taxpayers somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 million.

And Hernandez' little girl.

Yup. Even in the end it never clicked for him the value of life and impact of loss on family. He could've thrown himself into being the best father he could be even in his terrible situation to be a father from.... oh well.

He obviously had mental issues going all the way back to college. Signs a $40 million contract and then murders his GF brother? Yeah...he's not right in the head.

Right and if your convinced he killed the two guys from the night club and just got away with it...and now has a lawyer who has been publicly saying he will get the other verdict overturned...wouldn't this embolden an animal like AH? Instead, after sitting in prison for two years he finally had some hope and decide to hang himself with a bed sheet?

Crazy is crazy but that would be something else entirely.

Right and if your convinced he killed the two guys from the night club and just got away with it...and now has a lawyer who has been publicly saying he will get the other verdict overturned...wouldn't this embolden an animal like AH? Instead, after sitting in prison for two years he finally had some hope and decide to hang himself with a bed sheet?

Crazy is crazy but that would be something else entirely.

Of course his Lawyer is going to say that....he's not going to be hired unless he states with confidence that he will get him off.