Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

zevo

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logistically, how does one hang themselves with a sheet from a cell window? I would think the bars or whatever on the window would not allow this for obvious reasons. Why wouldn't it have a screen or grating over it? And how high was the window? He was a tall man..

Edited by Mr. WEO

Logistically, how does one hang themselves with a sheet from a cell window? I would think the bars or whatever on the window would not allow this for obvious reasons. Why wouldn't it have a screen or grating over it? And how high was the window? He was a tall man..

Robin Williams hung himself on a door knob. You don't have too swing from the gallows to hang yourself.

I will never understand the life he lived. Its so outside my frame of reference. He made a lot of bad choices...and committed the worst crime imaginable, taking another human life illegally. His loss however pains those who loved him and to them offer condolences.

Or better yet its ok to express your opinions we don't live in Russia . If you guys really think that he killed himself in prison with a sheet after winning his court case for double murder and was planning to retry the first . I got some beach front property to sell you near childrens hospital. That was an execution plain and simple

Im reading that besides his wife and daughter and paid legal team , literally everyone else abandoned him and wasn't in court to show love and support.

His mom. His brother, aunts , uncles, etc...

No love in this latest trial, just the hate and hurt of the victims families.

I think Hernandez seeing that was the final straw . Reports are he joked about it, saying "it's sad".

Imagine viewing that ,your own mom and brother aren't even in attendance. That's heartbreaking. I think it brought out those deep emotions he stuffed and he figured F it.

Saying that, I wouldn't rule out foul play but it'd be a shocker.

R.I.P Aaron Hernandez

Edited by JerseyBills

Robin Williams hung himself on a door knob. You don't have too swing from the gallows to hang yourself.

Well, there's no doorknobs in the cell either.

The overwhelming response to impending hypoxic asphyxiation is furious struggle to breathe. If you are suspended, your struggle will be vain. If you are able to stand up, you will, unless you are sedated/otherwise incapacitated.

Well, there's no doorknobs in the cell either.

The overwhelming response to impending hypoxic asphyxiation is furious struggle to breathe. If you are suspended, your struggle will be vain. If you are able to stand up, you will, unless you are sedated/otherwise incapacitated.

The guard that called in said the windows aren't high enough to actually "hang" He also said he had seen it done successfully in his time at the prison. Not sure if that helps, sounds like you would have to be very determined to make it work. Edited by Commonsense

Maybe he wasn't the bad ass he wanted people to think he was and what he did was eating him up inside. All that alone time to think about what he did with his life and what he did to the lives of so many others. Unless you're totally Charles Manson crazy, it has has to get to you, if you have any sense of decency in your soul. Maybe he thought this was the only way to right his wrong. We'll never know.

Not terrible logic on your part. I see a lot of people commenting using the term "mental illness". You don't have to be mentally ill to do what Hernandez did. There are many other mental and social factors that play a role. The gang banger culture is a complex study on human nature. The majority of these guys aren't as tough as they portray to the outside world.

He beat the rap in his last trial. Maybe he wanted to go out with a win.

Here's an interesting note: under MA law, since he hadn't exhausted all his appeals for his first murder trial, the trial technically wasn't over. Which means that upon his death, the trial gets "set back" to it's "initial state," which initial state being the presumption of innocence, effectively voids his conviction.

So in killing himself, Hernandez beats the original accusation: he's no longer a convicted murderer.

Not terrible logic on your part. I see a lot of people commenting using the term "mental illness". You don't have to be mentally ill to do what Hernandez did. There are many other mental and social factors that play a role. The gang banger culture is a complex study on human nature. The majority of these guys aren't as tough as they portray to the outside world.

I mean, killing someone because they spilled a drink? That sounds pretty mental to me? Or, is the spilled drink kind of like an internet meme? It's just what settled out of the media story etc...

I mean, killing someone because they spilled a drink? That sounds pretty mental to me? Or, is the spilled drink kind of like an internet meme? It's just what settled out of the media story etc...

I admit to not knowing much about what occurred. Regardless everything Hernanzdez did was to prove his gang banger status. Gang banger culture is responsible for these types of crimes. It has nothing to do with mental illness. I'm not going to sit here claiming the mentally ill guy couldn't stop himself. There is a such thing as committing evil deeds. These days everyone sadly likes to blame everything on mental illness. It's the easy way out. It deflects blame from the perpetrator, and allows us to avoid discussing societal factors.