Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

Who was the GM in April 2013? Nix.

When did Whaley become GM? May 16, 2013.

Care to explain waht is preconceived?

(adjective formed before having the evidence for its truth or usefulness.)

Isnt it a fact that during Buddy's tenure the GM duties entailed responsibility for the roster?

well i guess whaley is off the hook for ej and the 2013 draft then

Sure.

He isnt off the hook for doubling down on EJ and fighting with his HCs about it on the practice field.

Amazing . How some so-called Bills fans blame the E.J. pick on Whaley. It was Buddy. Buddy was the G.M. They like to twist things around ,to satisfy their feeble mind.

a 100% chance of getting a proven RB that analytics say was the most efficient RB in the entire league for an ave $3.2 mil/yr for 2 years

or

a 10% chance of hitting on an unproven 5th round rookie RB and save $2.5 mil year ??

i'll take the sure thing and bonus you hinder New England from improving.

Ok my bad, you were off by 800 yards and some change instead of 1,000.

By your standards......the curve, if you will.....you were practically dead-nutz-on.

He didn't even get anywhere near 2,000 yards LAST year either............I'm afraid you might just be bad at math, Greggo.

In all fairness.......you didn't know he would fall from being a 300 carry back to only being able to shoulder 200 between hamstring pops.

I told you mileage/wear-and-tear was an issue......it was just common sense but I try to help when I can.............but I digress. :flirt:

And the answer is No on betting with you.........no more of your insisting on granny-esque hedge-bets and throwing two year old tantrums of rage demanding an injury clause for Shady :doh:.

As for 2000 yds from scrimmage... Shady was less than 400 yds away... Not 800. Not getting in on any other aspect of this argument but yeah he was over 1600 yds from scrimmage.

Amazing . How some so-called Bills fans blame the E.J. pick on Whaley. It was Buddy. Buddy was the G.M. They like to twist things around ,to satisfy their feeble mind.

Just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them feeble-minded or a so-called fan so quit acting like you're somehow better than anybody else around here.

And Doug was just as on board with the EJ pick as everybody else in that room was that day. It was a classic group decision, not just Buddy.

Just because somebody disagrees with you does not make them feeble-minded or a so-called fan so quit acting like you're somehow better than anybody else around here.

And Doug was just as on board with the EJ pick as everybody else in that room was that day. It was a classic group decision, not just Buddy.

And how do you know ? Or are you flexing your muscles at ME. again.

There will forever be people like you who believe it was Buddy when anyone paying attention knows it was Whaley. If you honestly believe it was Buddy it is because you weren't paying attention to the Bills when EJ was drafted.

Buddy was still the GM purposefully so he could be a scapegoat for any bad decisions made in that draft. I think they did it to make suckers out of fans who weren't paying attention.

Just hate how this has to keep being explained to people. The truth here is obvious.

P.S. There are multiple threads on this forum that dig deep into it and explain every angle on the whole thing. If you are still convinced EJ was Buddy's guy and his primary decision - go dig through those old threads. It will make more sense to you why you are wrong about it.

Edited by PolishDave

So the reason you won't bet with me is because you'd win... :rolleyes: Dynamite logic there.

The dishonesty is so thick with you. The lies you have to tell yourself are pretty impressive. The only thing that your dishonesty is matched by is your lack of testicular fortitude. For a guy who talks as much (ridiculous) junk as you do, I figured at least you had a working set of nuts.

Shame, could have been a fun bet - and this is just a hobby, man, it's entertainment. It's supposed to be fun. Try not taking it so seriously, then maybe you won't have to constantly spin and spew bullshite. Who knows, you might even become sufferable.

Different hobbies.

1 hobby is being a Bills fan.

1 hobby is crapping on the Bills.

Those hobbies don't coincide.

There will forever be people like you who believe it was Buddy when anyone paying attention knows it was Whaley. If you honestly believe it was Buddy it is because you weren't paying attention to the Bills when EJ was drafted.

Buddy was still the GM purposefully so he could be a scapegoat for any bad decisions made in that draft. I think they did it to make suckers out of fans who weren't paying attention.

Just hate how this has to keep being explained to people. The truth here is obvious.

P.S. There are multiple threads on this forum that dig deep into it and explain every angle on the whole thing. If you are still convinced EJ was Buddy's guy and his primary decision - go dig through those old threads. It will make more sense to you why you are wrong about it.

Believe what you want.Your not changing my mind Polish dave.

Buddy Nix said specifically that he wanted to make sure the Bills had a QB before he retired, and he was the GM with the authority to make the call when EJ was drafted. That is inescapable truth. Everyone ignores that statement by NIx. So you are wrong. And he was wrong to draft EJ. Maybe not wrong, because you have to take a shot, but it did not work out.

Sure.

He isnt off the hook for doubling down on EJ and fighting with his HCs about it on the practice field.

ya i guess the smart thing to do would be to cut ties with a first round qb, or any position, after a couple years cause you know a player never improves after a year or two

Buddy Nix said specifically that he wanted to make sure the Bills had a QB before he retired, and he was the GM with the authority to make the call when EJ was drafted. That is inescapable truth. Everyone ignores that statement by NIx. So you are wrong. And he was wrong to draft EJ. Maybe not wrong, because you have to take a shot, but it did not work out.

This

ya i guess the smart thing to do would be to cut ties with a first round qb, or any position, after a couple years cause you know a player never improves after a year or two

Yeah thats what would hsve been smart. Dont cut him make him a backup and hope he does something. What wasnt smart was creating a sham of qb vomps over and over again and not doing everything possible to get a real qb in here. That why were in year 17. The lack of awareness of the importance of a knowing when to jold them, when to fold them as it pertains to qbs t for the Bills. We held alot pair of 2s and raised when we should have folded.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204027/article/new-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick

New Bills GM Doug Whaley integral in EJ Manuel pick

• By Chris Wesseling
  • Around the NFL Writer

The Buffalo Bills raised plenty of eyebrows after taking EJ Manuel with the No. 16 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft, making him the first quarterback to go off the board. New general manager Doug Whaley isn't shy about taking ownership of the pick, even if he was second-in-command to Buddy Nix at the time.

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

Whaley did allow that it was a "collaborative effort" between area scouts, cross-checkers, coach Doug Marrone and Nix, but the new front-office boss is comfortable with hanging his hat on Manuel after vetting the quarterback in the pre-draft process.

"We have a philosophy that the information makes the decision," Whaley explained. "We think that we did enough due diligence, and the information pointed us all to this point that EJ would be the guy we feel will take the Buffalo Bills into the future."

Whaley's confidence is refreshing after Nix seemed to be in over his head while running the show for three and a half years. According to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport, Whaley is a "bright young star" who has impressed colleagues with his smarts and personnel acumen in his time with the Bills and Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Bills finally seem pointed in the right direction. It now falls on Whaley's hand-picked franchise quarterback to end the longest active playoff drought in the NFL

I don't think it's that people ignore it; I think they just see it as being totally irrelevant. Do you honestly believe that Whaley wouldn't have taken EJ if it was his call? His words and actions have made it clear that he wanted EJ, regardless of who had the final say. Doug even went so far as to say that if EJ didn't work out, he'd be looking for a new job. And his actions regarding EJ (trading up for Sammy, trading Cassel, possibly undermining Taylor) after he was on the roster were far more detrimental to the team than the pick itself.

And how do you know ? Or are you flexing your muscles at ME. again.

That's really ironic coming from a guy with a long history of telling people how tough he is and inviting them to meet up for a fight.

My suggestion that you stop insulting people who disagree with you stands.

Thank you for one of the funniest posts to ever grace this fine forum. :lol: