Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And he won't be nearly as productive as MG.

And he won't cost 4 million $ for a team that wasn't going anywhere with him

That's a lousy comparison though because that 5th round pick could play any position. It's not apples to apples, it's pre-complaining just to complain.

It's the same crap all day every day with that Debbie Downer. Wah, cry us a river Scott Edited by NewEra

Oh come on now Scott....I like Mike too....but the patriots have like 5 RBs right now AND Tom Brady

Mike G. is not going to mean more to the patriots then our rbs will to us simply because of offensive scheme

Probably not......but for reference.......LeGarrette Blount had 300 carries and 18 TD's last year.....with, you know, other backs around........Shady had 200 carries.

MG produced 1.8 ypa more than Blount.

I am so happy Pats admire the talents we have! Can you imagine what they can do if their coaches take over our team? OMG!

And what does that tell us about our team? What we need is BETTER COACHING! Hopefully McD is the answer.

Agreed and agreed

:lol:

I'll bet you right now Shady has more yards from scrimmage and TDs by the end of the year.

Are you going to project Shady to rush for 2,000 yards again! :w00t:

The last time you opened your mouth he got less than HALF of that! :lol:

Just DO IT!

I should have started a follow up to my popular CJ Spiller: the March to 2000 yards thread that heated up so many of you thin skins. :thumbsup:

Cuz, if ya' dint hear....he didn't rush for 2,000 yards either. :flirt:

Your takes are almost as bad as Promo saying CJ was going to be a HOF'er after he had one good year.

Plenty of equivalent or better running backs have been drafted in the 5th round or later since Gillislee was taken in the fifth round.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?position=RB&type=position

There's the list of drafted RBs. Other than Jay Ajayi I really don't see any that fit your criteria. Care to point out all the others?

Edited by BarleyNY

And he won't cost 4 million $ for a team that wasn't going anywhere with him

What is with the blockheads and "next year doesn't matter anyway".........McCoy, Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Incognito, Clay.......if that is the argument then why keep any of these guys? :doh: .......most, if not ALL of them don't have futures in Buffalo beyond this season.

If you are worried about the cap room than winning next year.........why not cut em' all and start saving money on future cap figures?

Me.....I look at the schedule and I see 3 months of games before the Bills play the Pats ONCE.........no early or mid-season demoralizing losses to the end of the year.......lot's of time to make noise and get positioned for 9-10 wins if they just put their best on the field against teams they can compete with.

The NFL is a MATCHUP league.......the Bills only matchup advantage is on the ground........even risking that getting worse for $1M in cap room is just Billsy dumb. It's the same line of thinking that Jauron/Levy used to take this organization to complete irrelevance.

You can tell yourself whatever you want to tell yourself to fit your preconceived narrative, but that wasn't Buddy's theft.

if anyone listen to Buddy while he was hear they would know trading was not his thing. When he traded up two spots to take Graham I believe he cracked a joke aimed at himself and said " we are riverboat gambler now "

Nix stole Hughes from the Colts

Actually Grigson called the Bills and asked if he could have Sheppard in exchange for Hughes.

Grigson being gone drops Whaley down a peg on the GM hierarchy. :flirt:

It's like all the old drunk and dysfunctional owners dying off on Ralph........his incompetence used to be a lot closer to the median in the 70's-90's then it was thereafter.

Edited by #BADOL

Actually Grigson called the Bills and asked if he could have Sheppard in exchange for Hughes.

He wasn't asking for Sheppard specifically, he was just looking to see what he could get for Hughes

It is a fact that Buddy Nixxwas GM of the Buffalo Bills when the Hughes trade was done.

It is also a fact that he was little more than a well-paid receptionist in relation to that trade

He wasn't asking for Sheppard specifically, he was just looking to see what he could get for Hughes

It is also a fact that he was little more than a well-paid receptionist in relation to that trade

No it is not. That is your conjecture. The fact which can be proven is that Buddy Nix was GM of the Buffalo Bills the day that trade was made.

That certainly doesn't bolster his case for credit........that was a no-brainer deal to make.

The two year pursuit and conquest of Bryce Brown offsets just saying "sure we will take Hughes.....here's a bum off of our roster". :lol: