Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

This is a mistake by the FO. They should have put the 2nd round tender on him and we wouldn't have this issue. It would have been the cheaper option as well now.

Not really a mistake. TD Mike is good, but there are other FA RBs available. And a good draft for RBs too. If not Mike they can find a RB who can do the gig.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to your first point. we have McCoy and TT. Gills got 6 carries, even with McCoy being injured they still did not target him. in some instances they even went to bush. poor play calling for a team scratching and clawing to be relevant

your second point. NE is a destination team, with a very respectable and competent coaching staff. getting talented players to go there is not hard at all. buffalo does not, nor has it ever, had that luxury.

no one is shedding a tear here. just pointing out very questionable decisions being made my a team that hasn't seen the playoffs in almost 20 years. i think at this point it's warranted.

We were #1 I rushing. That part of the game doesn't need to be criticized because we were the best at it. I don't think losing a back up RB at 6 carries a game is going to be hard to be replaced at all.

Reggie Bush had 12 carries all year. We went to him very, very little.

NE is not a big free agent team...Gilmores contract is rare. It's not a destination team. They build through the draft....and Brady.

Don't see how this isn't just the cost of doing business, and is a non- issue. TD Mike played great and is a fine backup. Bills wanted to keep him and offered him a far offer. (an extra million a year for the 2nd round tender is another 10% of our available cap don't forget). He got a better offer. It's too much to pay- take the 5th rounder.

Also it's nice to see a thread about actual news!!

Don't you know? The Pats are great and can do no wrong. If the Bills match , that's exactly what the great Patsies wanted them to do. If they don't match, well they got played and lost a great talent for a pittance of savings. Get with the program guy: you need to set up defense mechanisms and just glowingly praise everything the Pats do as if you know something that others don't . It will shelter you from possible mental floggings at the hands of New England. It's really the only way to be if you're going to be a Bills fan.

Whaley is a garbage GM. PTR, you heard me.

That's why the Pats keep poaching our "garbage" players, right?

Well, sorta, right? Isn't a big part of a GMs job retaining the good players? At least as many as feasible. Some that go from a rookie contract to a big $$$ one you might need to lose. But a bad GM would have so much money tied up elsewhere that they can't resign someone like Gillislee to a moderate contract.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Well, sorta, right? Isn't a big part of a GMs job retaining the good players? At least as many as feasible. Some that go from a rookie contract to a big $$$ one you might need to lose. But a bad GM would have so much money tied up elsewhere that they can't resign someone like Gillislee to a moderate contract.

It is not really fair.....plenty of organizations that draft well/find cheap players lose those players to other teams in the NFL.....you cant B word that Whaley finds them but complain that we lose them when there is a salary cap

Good Luck in NE, Mike!

This deal makes no sense in the Pats* end. Why not draft a guy who is younger and cheaper and save a draft pick?

I like MG but we just got a draft pick for a guy we picked up off the scrap heap and the one good thing the Bills can do is find rbs.

Pats don't draft many RB's, my guess is that BB wants to know exactly what he is getting and he don't mind paying for it.

For a team that accumulates so many mid-late round picks I have always wondered that myself.

If the Bills draft Mixon, f this team. Some things aren't that important.

He got in a fight with a female student in 2014. Totally inappropriate, but there are prospects who have done much worse in this draft.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/2/21/14670326/why-running-back-joe-mixon-is-still-on-my-draft-board-2017-nfl-draft-oklahoma-domestic-violence

Bills are not forced to do anything here. They have the cap room to match.

They might prefer the fifth round pick and more cap room.

Either choice is plausible. The angst here is overwrought.

Doug Whaley is so awful, the Pats* keep poaching our players.

Wah, wah, wah.

Considering Kim P has her hand in the honey pot I doubt we choose Mixon. But if we do I'll assume she comfortable with it and continue rooting for the team I love. There's very little the Bills can do at this point to keep my TV off on Sundays.

She's already "signed off" on a few players with issues surrounding conduct with women. I don't think she voices it, isn't heard or doesn't mind.

He got in a fight with a female student in 2014. Totally inappropriate, but there are prospects who have done much worse in this draft.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/2/21/14670326/why-running-back-joe-mixon-is-still-on-my-draft-board-2017-nfl-draft-oklahoma-domestic-violence

He fractured her face and needed surgery. I would hate having him on the Bills.