2014 at Chicago

2013 New England

2012 at NY Jets

2011 at Kansas City

2010 Miami

2009 at New England

2008 Seattle

2007 Denver

4-6 over the last 10 openers. The Seattle and Kansas City games were great games to start, provided a ton of hope for the year.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is we open at home to Oakland and we conclude at the Chargers.

Week 17 is always intradivision, so MIA, NYJ, or NE*.

i heard NE won't be hosting Atlanta week 1 TNF

Also I'm guessing Bills will be away two of the December weeks because there is hockey at New Era

Regarding Atlanta - Would giving them @NE* opening night and then home (in ATL) for SNF Week 2 not work? Would showcasing their new stadium really be that much better on Week 1 SNF compared to Week 2?

And good call on WJC at New Era (outdoor game is Friday Dec. 29)... So Week 17 (Dec. 31) will be @MIA, @NYJ, or @NE*? Hopefully this means that Week 16 will also be away.

From wikipedia regarding Week 16 games:

Christmas games: Christmas Day, December 25, falls on a Monday in 2017. When this most recently occurred in 2006, the Sunday afternoon games were played as regularly scheduled on Christmas Eve, while the Sunday Night Football game was moved to Christmas Day, at 4:30 p.m. EST on NBC. The 2006 Christmas Night game was played in its normal 8:30 pm EST slot on ESPN's Monday Night Football. The league has yet to announce what it will do in 2017.

Regarding the bolded, I guess we will find out soon enough (or perhaps we already know, and wikipedia is not up to date).

Week 17 is always intradivision, so MIA, NYJ, or NE*.

Regarding Atlanta - Would giving them @NE* opening night and then home (in ATL) for SNF Week 2 not work? Would showcasing their new stadium really be that much better on Week 1 SNF compared to Week 2?

And good call on WJC at New Era (outdoor game is Friday Dec. 29)... So Week 17 (Dec. 31) will be @MIA, @NYJ, or @NE*? Hopefully this means that Week 16 will also be away.

Regarding the bolded, I guess we will find out soon enough (or perhaps we already know, and wikipedia is not up to date).

the nfl is bigger than christmas.

move christmas

Christmas games: Christmas Day, December 25, falls on a Monday in 2017. When this most recently occurred in 2006, the Sunday afternoon games were played as regularly scheduled on Christmas Eve, while the Sunday Night Football game was moved to Christmas Day, at 4:30 p.m. EST on NBC. The 2006 Christmas Night game was played in its normal 8:30 pm EST slot on ESPN's Monday Night Football. The league has yet to announce what it will do in 2017.

I think you only need to look at last year to see what they'll do about Christmas, since it fell on a Sunday, they still played two games that day...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/16/seasontype/2

That's due to the new Stadium I would guess. I can see the NFL wanting Atlanta on the Sunday night game opening weekend to showcase that puppy.

And NE-Atlanta in one of the Sunday afternoon slots would crush in November.

They're having trouble with the roof, so there's no telling if it'll be fully ready opening weekend. They could probably play with a closed roof, but things are not going smoothly with the Falcon's new stadium.

I used to get so excited for this. I would check the internet every day for leaks and what not.

Now I have a kid, and a stressful job, and I might forget that it releases on Thursday, and then Friday night as I'm enjoying a drink or 2 before bed, it'll hit me that,

"oh yeah! The schedule came out yesterday".

I kinda like it better this way, tbh.

Titans aren't on the schedule this year. Bills play the AFC West, NFC South, Indy at home and Cincy on the road

Oh yeah. It is 2017 isn't it.

Well that went about as well as my fantasy football team last year. Done before it started.

The Bills will play the Patriots after their bye week, Guaranteed. Rigged.

Why would that make any sense at all, the NFL is rigging against The Bills in favor of the Patriots? From the Patriots perspective its "rigging" would be against them, why would they not want to play a good team after their bye vs one they beat 9 out of 10 times for the better part of 2 decades?

Why would that make any sense at all, the NFL is rigging against The Bills in favor of the Patriots? From the Patriots perspective its "rigging" would be against them, why would they not want to play a good team after their bye vs one they beat 9 out of 10 times for the better part of 2 decades?

Is it rigging or a function of the Pats always playing primetime games?

Yeah, that is going to be a weird situation.

I plan on going to that game, but I am terrified at how much tickets will be at face value.

It really sucks that the Chargers moved to Los Angeles. San Diego is/was the best road trip in the NFL. Such a beautiful city and a splendid area. The San Diego Bills Backers always made it a great time. I will really miss that experience.

Glad you enjoyed the tailgate Mark, we were really looking forward to setting up another one

I don't think we are going to get a Primetime game beyond a Thursday Night and, to be honest, that is fine with me. I like my Sunday routine. Primetime over there means 1.30am here which means using a day's leave to sleep the next day. Selfish reasons I know.... but I am okay with Sunday afternoon games..... I really am.

I don't think we are going to get a Primetime game beyond a Thursday Night and, to be honest, that is fine with me. I like my Sunday routine. Primetime over there means 1.30am here which means using a day's leave to sleep the next day. Selfish reasons I know.... but I am okay with Sunday afternoon games..... I really am.

Me too.

I prefer early season games at 4pm. And later season games when it doesn't matter @1 so I can just play the audio feed from Sirius whilst working.

Good teams get more prime time games.

The Bills will play the Patriots two weeks in a row and be both at the Patriots stadium.

Commish has announced the Bills will not be able to use their Queen or King's Bishop for the Pats game either.

:pirate:

Where are the rumors? Where are the leaks? Two days here, folks.

I am convincing myself that the Bills will be @Carolina on MNF Week 4, with three winnable games preceding it, so that they could maybe be 2-1 entering the game. Something like:

Week 1 @CIN

Week 2 NO

Week 3 NYJ

Week 4 @CAR on MNF

(This is not based on any facts or reports! Just my delusions...)

4pm Sunday games are my favorite

All day Sunday to get work done

I hope Patriots fans chant MVP during the Falcons first series.

Just for the Jets visit, give everyone 3 extra hours to pound them down.

I prefer the opener against the Patriots. Especially with significant changes, i.e. new QB or new coach. It makes it more an on-field talent vs. on-field talent game than later games where the coach's ability to game plan is much more relevant.

Not that I've felt we've been outcoached over the past ~20 years or anything.

Schedule to be revealed at 8 pm on NFL Network.

or about 330 or 4pm here. just saying. you'll find it, or someone else will.

hoping i get a few games ahead of time, more than i did last year when i only had first two games

I am convincing myself that the Bills will be @Carolina on MNF Week 4, with three winnable games preceding it, so that they could maybe be 2-1 entering the game. Something like:

Week 1 @CIN

Week 2 NO

Week 3 NYJ

Week 4 @CAR on MNF

that would be great in my opinion. i'd be able to go to 3 games in 4 weeks.

Week 1 @CIN

Week 2 NO

Week 3 NYJ

Week 4 @CAR on MNF

that would be great in my opinion. i'd be able to go to 3 games in a wrow.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2698824-2017-nfl-schedule-release-date-team-by-team-opponents-and-more

" The National Football League is prepared to announce its schedule for the 2017 regular season Thursday at 8 p.m. on NFL Network. NFL.com confirmed the release details Tuesday. The league will reveal the dates, times and television information for all 17 weeks of action during a two-hour special."

Edited by richNjoisy

I'm going to go out on a limb.

Bills will go 6-10 or 7-9. When they play their opponents won't matter.

I'm sure you're a good dude and not this negative when you're discussing topics not related to the Buffalo Bills...right? I mean, sometimes I really wonder why you post. This one is a great example.