2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, some really good games so far tonight!

That Montreal game was so exciting. Habs tie it with 17 seconds left and then win it in OT. What a game by Radulov! Huge assist on the tying goal and then scores a great OT game winner. He has been a HUGE pickup for Montreal, and he was a totally free asset.

Now St. Louis just took the lead 2-1 against Minnesota with 2 mins left...

Never good when CBJ are on power play but look like they're not; and Pens not on PP but look like they are.

Gross

Penguins in this series reminding me of when Tampa Bay went on that run a few years ago. You could outplay TB for like 90% of the game, then they would get like 3 great shots and score on all 3.

I still think the series is long for being over. CBus is a solid team.

Penguins in this series reminding me of when Tampa Bay went on that run a few years ago. You could outplay TB for like 90% of the game, then they would get like 3 great shots and score on all 3.

I still think the series is long for being over. CBus is a solid team.

Calvert's cheap shot on Kuhnhackl has been flagged for NHL review. Could be suspended I hope the CBJ can win at least one for the home crowd... Edited by YoloinOhio

Comedy of errors by the Sharks tonight. They looked like they didn't know how to play.

2 shorthanded goals is unacceptable.

Very good that they split the first 2 games in Edmonton.

They need to regain their focus and bring back the intensity in San Jose.

Calvert's cheap shot on Kuhnhackl has been flagged for NHL review. Could be suspended I hope the CBJ can win at least one for the home crowd...

I just saw that..unbelievable if he is not gone for more than 1

Comedy of errors by the Sharks tonight. They looked like they didn't know how to play.

2 shorthanded goals is unacceptable.

Very good that they split the first 2 games in Edmonton.

They need to regain their focus and bring back the intensity in San Jose.

good to see ole Zack turn his life around ...

https://www.nhl.com/news/unlikely-hero-zack-kassian-helps-oilers-tie-series/c-288810524?tid=287344776

They didn't expect to take both game in Edmonton, one is very good. Oil isn't going to submit that easily.

I can accept that.

It's just that watching how the Sharks played last night was maddening. They looked so unfocused and seemed to have no killer instinct.

Nothing at all like they played in Game 1. Despite all of that they were in it. Yet they allowed the Oilers only goals on short handed attempts. That is incompetent.

I believe they will bounce back, especially coming back home. If they do, then I will write up Game 2 as "just one of those days".

I have come to assume you don't push to sweep the first two road games in sports any more. You'll take the second game to go up 2-0 if the other team won't put up a fight.

Seems team don't mind letting up a bit with a series lead if there is evenly matched sqauds, or so it seems to me.

I have come to assume you don't push to sweep the first two road games in sports any more. You'll take the second game to go up 2-0 if the other team won't put up a fight.

Seems team don't mind letting up a bit with a series lead if there is evenly matched sqauds, or so it seems to me.

Hmmmm....I don't think it's a conscious decisions to let up. It's just that pressure exerts itself on teams at different times. A team down in a series will be under more pressure to win. They will be more motivated, generally. Not an iron clad rule but on average that's how I think it works.

When I play hockey I always notice how the other team will react if we score a goal. They usually never try harder than right after that face off when a big goal is scored in a tight game.