Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you imagine any of those other FA QB's under our offensive line haha. Tyrod running for his life half of the time, what a special player. Glad he'll be a Bill for at least this next year, hopefully breaching us into the playoffs.

Lol. OL ranked 9th bro.

Special players aren't sandwiched between Simien and Tannenhill on qb lists.

Its garbage time because the defense handles it differently, they give the offense a cushion for easy short completions and rarely bring additional pass rushers. They back off to prevent the quick strike. Therefore its easier for the quarterback to rack up stats than in a one-score game. You have to watch the actual games and have some idea what you're looking at to know the difference.

Don't other qbs get garbage time stats as well?

It's like saying empty net goals in hockey don't count towards your stats.

Don't other qbs get garbage time stats as well?

It's like saying empty net goals in hockey don't count towards your stats.

I believe the original point was that Tyrod played poorly against Pittsburgh, something every single person here agreed with back when the game was fresh in our minds. Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

Tyrod Taylor ranked 9th in QB Rating,

what a coincidence...

Ha, ESPNs QBR is a joke.

I forget maybe someone can help, but wasn't Tim Tebows QBR with like 10 pass attempts in a game higher than Aaron Rodgers QBR with 3 TDs in a game or something like that a few years back. ESPN QBR sucks as a stat tool.

Found it

Rodgers

26-39 396 yards 2 TDs 4 sacks -1 rush yard 82.1 QBR

Green Bay won

Tebow

4-10 79 yards 1 TD 0 sacks 38 rush yards 1 TD 83.2 QBR

Denver lost

Edited by old school

The Bills also ranked last in passing attempts per game.

You do realize the low totals are the expected result right?

Save the excuses for the season. Can't pass when you don't see the wide open receivers.

Where did the Dakster end up on your all important yardage ranking?

640 yards ahead of Taylor as a rookie. Don't need to pass as much when you're winning.

When you struggle to sniff 190 yards while Brady is pantsing you it's a diff story.

13-3 for Dakota Rayne Prescott = run out the clock. Lot of dubs.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Most NFL teams expect more from their QB. Bills hide their QB to help mask his flaws.

Sometimes, this is a polite way of saying you need to adapt your system to your QB's strengths.

Save the excuses for the season. Can't pass when you don't see the wide open receivers.

Any argument using low passing totals as a detractor when operating out of a run heavy O is a mute point IMO.

Missing open receivers is another story...

640 yards ahead of Taylor as a rookie. Don't need to pass as much when you're winning.

When you struggle to sniff 190 yards while Brady is pantsing you it's a diff story.

13-3 for Dakota Rayne Prescott = run out the clock. Lot of dubs.

Interesting. So now the key to winning is fewer passing yards because you are ahead and running out the clock? I guess Brady had even fewer yards then?

Interesting. So now the key to winning is fewer passing yards because you are ahead and running out the clock? I guess Brady had even fewer yards then?

The Key is cutting ties with Taylor and drafting a competent qb like Prescott.

Jmo of course.

Spicy bold take alert ***. Taylor benched by week 12.

Put it in your calendars and ridicule me later !! Spicy takes !!

I won't hide like badol on McCoy or jfh on Dareus for qb to replace Taylor.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Watching this really amplified to me how bad the defense was last year. I remember watching him making these great plays only to be ruined by the D letting the other team score right after (more times than not).

I was against keeping TT w/ the old deal, but since he restructured and they have been active in free agency, he definitely seems like the best option for the bills right now. If the defense improves, we're going to win some of those close ones - and it's going to make him look better.

Edited by VOICE-OF-SANITY

Watching this really amplified to me how bad the defense was last year. I remember watching him making these great plays only to be ruined by the D letting the other team score right after (more times than not).

I was against keeping TT w/ the old deal, but since he restructured and they have been active in free agency, he definitely seems like the best option for the bills right now. If the defense improves, we're going to win some of those close ones - and it's going to make him look better.

Schedule is brutal, doubt TT looks better this year, he's not going to have the benefit of playing against bad defenses like he did this past year.

Dak is SOOOOOOOO much better than Taylor. I cannot overstate this. I would trade TT and 4 1sts for Dak.

yup

People here complain about the BBMBers but you can't even get through one page of a highlight video thread without the local trolls showing up.

Welcome to TSW

Dak is SOOOOOOOO much better than Taylor. I cannot overstate this. I would trade TT and 4 1sts for Dak.

And how many of you would have said that about Bortles before last year? He was the toast of the town, rising Jags squad, stacked with WRs. Now he has already been written off by many after an atrocious year of serious regress where his mechanics became a joke.

Or how about after RG3's rookie year? Or after Vince Youngs rookie year? Those values went sky high off one season...all came crashing back down to reality. Look at Kap, when he was on a loaded team full of talent, he looked like a fast rising star. Team talent disappears over night in one of the worst offseason's I have ever seen in the NFL, and so did Kaps career (and that was before kneeling down).

Not saying Dak will suffer the same future, I actually really like Dak myself too...but that doesn't change that it was just 1 year and I would advise caution and let the kid show he can sustain that kind of success before deciding he's worth the farm.

And how many of you would have said that about Bortles before last year? He was the toast of the town, rising Jags squad, stacked with WRs. Now he has already been written off by many after an atrocious year of serious regress where his mechanics became a joke.

Or how about after RG3's rookie year? Or after Vince Youngs rookie year? Those values went sky high off one season...all came crashing back down to reality. Look at Kap, when he was on a loaded team full of talent, he looked like a fast rising star. Team talent disappears over night in one of the worst offseason's I have ever seen in the NFL, and so did Kaps career (and that was before kneeling down).

Not saying Dak will suffer the same future, I actually really like Dak myself too...but that doesn't change that it was just 1 year and I would advise caution and let the kid show he can sustain that kind of success before deciding he's worth the farm.

I'd take my chances with Dak going forward over TT still. A QB who has one great year is worth way more than a QB who had a good year and then a mediocre year.

Welcome to TSW

....could NOT be said any better bud......kid has talent and tools, but let's see how DC's adjust in 2017 before he's anointed.....sure hope he avoids the sophomore slump ....stay tuned....

on a per game basis Dak's 2016 is incredibly similar to Tyrod's 2015

Again, I'd take a QB who had a great year, than one who had a good year and then a mediocre one.

And Dak was still better in 2016 as a rookie than TT as a 5 year vet in 2015.

Edited by FireChan

i wonder how you might feel after watching a lowlight reel.

perhaps after a few games in '17, you'll be reminded of just who Tyrod is.

highlight reels can make any player look good, don't forget the context it was taken from.

Again, I'd take a QB who had a great year, than one who had a good year and then a mediocre one.

And Dak was still better in 2016 as a rookie than TT as a 5 year vet in 2015.

They were both first year starters. What was the difference between good and great for you? Wins? Because one had a top 5 D to help them out.

They were both first year starters. What was the difference between good and great for you? Wins? Because one had a top 5 D to help them out.

Dallas had a top 5 defense ? Not 14th ?

Use the eye test man. Dak is smooth as the other side of the pillow on 3rd down

Tyrod's terrified he might be asked to throw it.

The Dallas defense was 14th in yards, 23rd in drive time, 29th in plays per drive, 25th in yards per drive, and 17th in points per drive and 20th in TO percentage. They put up decent totals because Dak and Zeke kept them off the field but they were not a good defense.

More importantly, Dak played one more game than TT and beat him in both totals, % stats, GWD, 4Q comebacks, everything. I don't think TT had a single stat better than Dak in 2016.

When a QB scores 2 more TD's, throws 2 less picks, throws for 600 more yards, has a NY/A of 7.28 compared to 6.79, and takes 11 less sacks at half the sack percentage, all while putting up 4 more GWD's, that makes the difference between good and great.

Edited by FireChan

Its garbage time because the defense handles it differently, they give the offense a cushion for easy short completions and rarely bring additional pass rushers. They back off to prevent the quick strike. Therefore its easier for the quarterback to rack up stats than in a one-score game. You have to watch the actual games and have some idea what you're looking at to know the difference.

That's fine if that's how you want to define it. Though it's incredibly weird to call stats a QB racks up in a come from behind victory due to a successful onside kick "garbage time" stats. But if this is the case you're opening Pandora's box because now you need to go out and analyze the defensive schemes because, according to Thurm (and you, since you're agreeing with him), it's the fact that the defense is in a certain scheme more than anything else.

Pretty humorous, actually.

Frank Reich's wildcard comeback oughtta be labeled "The Greatest Garbage Time Comeback in NFL History."

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Dallas had a top 5 defense ? Not 14th ?

Use the eye test man. Dak is smooth as the other side of the pillow on 3rd down

Tyrod's terrified he might be asked to throw it.

They allowed 19.1 points per game, good for 5th in the NFL.

Dallas' D allowed 24 or more points 3 times all year, twice in the regular season. The Bills D (in '15) allowed 24 or more points 6 times in 1 less game.

The Dallas defense was 14th in yards, 23rd in drive time, 29th in plays per drive, 25th in yards per drive, and 17th in points per drive and 20th in TO percentage. They put up decent totals because Dak and Zeke kept them off the field but they were not a good defense.

More importantly, Dak played one more game than TT and beat him in both totals, % stats, GWD, 4Q comebacks, everything. I don't think TT had a single stat better than Dak in 2016.

When a QB scores 2 more TD's, throws 2 less picks, throws for 600 more yards, has a NY/A of 7.28 compared to 6.79, and takes 11 less sacks at half the sack percentage, all while putting up 4 more GWD's, that makes the difference between good and great.

Again, they are very close in every category. I think TT got the edge in Rushing and Total Yards per Game.

They allowed 19.1 points per game, good for 5th in the NFL.

Dallas' D allowed 24 or more points 3 times all year, twice in the regular season. The Bills D (in '15) allowed 24 or more points 6 times in 1 less game.

Again, they are very close in every category. I think TT got the edge in Rushing and Total Yards per Game.

Yes he did. Personally, I'd take the more points, less turnovers, better throws, less sacks and 4 more GWD's over rushing yards.

Edited by FireChan

Having the benefit of some healthy receiving options should offset the better competition point.

Again, it didn't matter who ran pass patterns for the Bills last year as they were ALL open, didn't matter who it was, they were open. QB failed to see them and get them the ball.