cover1

Wow...TD over the middle in the end zone to Sammy

TD throw to Clay

Scored 20 points

Our defense got ran over on the ground

Yeah this looks like Tyrod had a bde day

You should have stuck with showing game 1 over and over

John....he was horrible this game.

We punted 6 out of our first 7 possessions and only scored once before the 4th...on Gilmores INT where he brought it to the 7 yard line.

We had 73 total yards at half time and 85 by the end of the 3rd.

Do you just look at the raw stats at the end of the game and don't include garbage time?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We punted 6 out of our first 7 possessions and only scored once before the 4th...on Gilmores INT where he brought it to the 7 yard line.

Do you just look at the raw stats at the end of the game and don't include garbage time?

Ohh, now you did it. Some of the CoT say garbage time doesn't exist.

Just make sure that when your applying that broad paint brush your doing it with ALL NFL QBs

Every QB in the league is gonna have quarters of football where they are not effective......that is why it is a team sport.

While Rothelsraper was throwing his picks in this game his running game was gashing our defense and their D was holding us down.

I am simply pointing out that there are throws in those highlights that TT haters say he simply cannot make......but there they are right on the video.

There was not a lot to like about the Bengals game but it was a road game coming off their bye after a really tough loss in Seattle. I think the team emptied their tank in Seattle when they were desperate for a win.

Also, AJ Green went out early in this game and this was one of the few games where the Bills defense seemed to be in control. I think our coaching staff just wanted the offense to play conservative and not make any mistakes and what that got was a lackluster performance on offense but enough to get a road win.

The empty tank excuse?

The Bills should have been motivated after the BS from the Seattle game.

Just make sure that when your applying that broad paint brush your doing it with ALL NFL QBs

Every QB in the league is gonna have quarters of football where they are not effective......that is why it is a team sport.

While Rothelsraper was throwing his picks in this game his running game was gashing our defense and their D was holding us down.

I am simply pointing out that there are throws in those highlights that TT haters say he simply cannot make......but there they are right on the video.

the problem is that its more like a quarter plus per game.

Why must criticism of TT be called hating? Not hating, I'm just stating factual occurrences.

We need more out of TT. That doesn't mean he sucks and that we hate him.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/01/tyrod-taylors-final-numbers-when-the-bills-trail-late-comeback/

The Buffalo News has been tracking Taylor’s stats in situations when the game is tied or within one possession (eight points) in the fourth quarter or overtime. These are difficult spots, but games are won or lost in the final minutes every week.

Looking at two seasons’ worth of data in the chart above, Taylor’s numbers in these situations aren’t strong. He completed a shade under 50 percent of his passes, down from 62.6 percent in all situations, and his 6.7 yards per attempt is down from his two-year average of 7.4.

Of the 40 quarterbacks with at least 30 pass attempts in these situations the past two seasons, Taylor ranks 36th in completion percentage, 27th in yards per attempt and 30th in passer rating, per an analysis of Pro Football Reference data. Taylor does rank highly in rushing, though, trailing only Russell Wilson in rushing yards by a quarterback in these situations (Taylor’s rushing average here is on pace with his two-year rate of 5.8 yards per carry).

Taylor's record when throwing at least 30 passes in a game is something like 1-11.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

We were just talking about this game. It sounding like you're saying he wasn't that bad based on a few throws in a highlight reel.

I think you're taking things too literal.

If someone says "he can't make those throws" doesn't mean 100%. It means he struggles pretty bad with them.

That's like saying "Gilmore can't tackle" and then showing a clip of him making a tackle as proof he can. It just means he's not a good tackler.

I wish I had an answer to that. I'm sure Rex would as well. Games like that certainly do reflect poorly on the coaching staff and QB. The defense not being able to put up any resistance in the second half helped create a huge momentum swing in favor of the home team. This in turn fired up their defense giving the entire team life. To a man, our team appeared to have the life sucked out of them in the second half of the Raiders game. Maybe if someone stepped up and made a play the momentum could have shifted back.

On a side note, the back to back wildcat calls after the Raiders first scored in the 3rd quarter were infuriating. I hope I never see a wildcat play again with Taylor at QB. We had some moderate success with the play early on and it just was not that effective later in the season. The play makes no sense to me when you have the most athletic QB in the NFL behind center. Use the play if you have a QB who is not a threat but not with Taylor.

Back on point, those wildcat plays left us a 3rd and passing situation allowing the Raiders pass rush to attack with the crowd behind them. Incomplete, a punt and another Raiders score and it is 24-23 Bills after being up 24-9 just a few minutes earlier. Shock set it at this point and never recovered.

We all should have known that the Bills would need to score as often as the Raiders going into that game.

As to the defense the Raiders defense isn't that good or better than Buffalo's.

Rex Ryan is proof bad coaching can hurt a QB.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

We all should have known that the Bills would need to score as often as the Raiders going into that game.

As to the defense the Raiders defense isn't that good or better than Buffalo's.

Rex Ryan is proof bad coaching can hurt a QB.

Rex Ryan didn't coach Tyrod.

Might want to read your post on March 22nd at 716pm again.

Are you implying that the lousy boisterous HC had nothing at all to do with the offense?

RR had nothing at all to do with the hiring of Roman? RR had nothing at all to do with promoting the inexperienced A Lynn, RR had nothing at all to do with going for it on 4th and short, or throwing the red hanky, or calling Time Outs?

Rex blundered more than just the defense.

I 100% agree Taylor was not good in that game (though unlike the Cincinnati and Bengals games there were a handful of excellent plays he made), but calling a game that the Bills had a chance to drive down and tie (or win) with over a minute remaining in the game if they converted an onside kick full of garbage time is misguided.

There's a reason a game is 48 minutes. Not 40 or 42 or 45.

In 2013 the Patriots were down the entire game against the Browns by multiple scores... all the way until the last 4 minutes of the game when the Patriots scored and converted an onside kick. The Patriots went on to win.

Say all you want about Brady being the GOAT, except there would have been no chance to win that game without the conversion.

Blowouts that end with lopsided scores have garbage time.

But there's no garbage time in a game like that. That's what we love about the NFL and why the players keep playing... anything can happen.

Are you implying that the lousy boisterous HC had nothing at all to do with the offense?

RR had nothing at all to do with the hiring of Roman? RR had nothing at all to do with promoting the inexperienced A Lynn, RR had nothing at all to do with going for it on 4th and short, or throwing the red hanky, or calling Time Outs?

Taylors holding a clipboard in a purple jersey without Rex no ?

Using Roman as a scapegoat for an O unit that was slow coming out of the gate after Ryan himself made the call for reduced reps during preseason shows how bad the team was handled IMO.

The Bills ranked dead last in passing attempts per game average (below 30) in the NFL which translates to being dead last in most passing categories.

Running the ball well in the NFL is good , but not at the expense of the passing game in my humble opinion.

He might not have been his positional coach but I can tell you right now that RR had a hand in overall strategy.

His D couldnt stop anybody....but the overall team strat still had the "dont turn the ball over....run the ball....control the clock" feel to it...that is how defensive coordinator's run their teams. Your gonna see it again with another D coord turned HC at the helm (hopefully one that understands you have to be able to score points quickly when your behind)

I 100% agree Taylor was not good in that game (though unlike the Cincinnati and Bengals games there were a handful of excellent plays he made), but calling a game that the Bills had a chance to drive down and tie (or win) with over a minute remaining in the game if they converted an onside kick full of garbage time is misguided.

There's a reason a game is 48 minutes. Not 40 or 42 or 45.

In 2013 the Patriots were down the entire game against the Browns by multiple scores... all the way until the last 4 minutes of the game when the Patriots scored and converted an onside kick. The Patriots went on to win.

Say all you want about Brady being the GOAT, except there would have been no chance to win that game without the conversion.

Blowouts that end with lopsided scores have garbage time.

But there's no garbage time in a game like that. That's what we love about the NFL and why the players keep playing... anything can happen.

If Tyrod improves in his areas where he's not very strong and has a good year, save me a seat on his bandwagon.

I'll buy you a beer and pistachios.

Yes, closer to "very little."

Rex called TO's. But the bulk of the offensive responsibility was on Roman and Lynn. And while it's easy to make the lazy "inexperienced" remark about Lynn, his performance as OC helped him get a HC position.

Rex hiring Roman doesn't mean he "coached" TT.

He might not have been his positional coach but I can tell you right now that RR had a hand in overall strategy.

His D couldnt stop anybody....but the overall team strat still had the "dont turn the ball over....run the ball....control the clock" feel to it...that is how defensive coordinator's run their teams. Your gonna see it again with another D coord turned HC at the helm (hopefully one that understands you have to be able to score points quickly when your behind)

Rex Ryan's defenses have always been risky, attacking defenses designed to either get a sack/TO or give up a play. If you want to argue that his defensive personality seeped into the O, I'd like to know why you think so.

It's not like Roman's system was way different before he came to Buffalo. He was always running a complex run heavy offense that controlled the clock and barely passed. He ran the exact same offense in San Fran. There was virtually no difference with Rex Ryan or Jim Harbaugh.

Edited by FireChan

Using Roman as a scapegoat for an O unit that was slow coming out of the gate after Ryan himself made the call for reduced reps during preseason shows how bad the team was handled IMO.

The Bills ranked dead last in passing attempts per game average (below 30) in the NFL which translates to being dead last in most passing categories.

Running the ball well in the NFL is good , but not at the expense of the passing game in my humble opinion.

Why can't I? Roman's offense got stale at the end of 2015 and remained that way in the beginning of 2016 then he got fired.

The offense under A Lynn started to perform better for a while until it then again fell flat.

Am I supposed to say : OK It's a Tyrod's fault? Or is it part Tyrod and part play calling part player talent? I choose the latter.

Yes, closer to "very little."

Rex called TO's. But the bulk of the offensive responsibility was on Roman and Lynn. And while it's easy to make the lazy "inexperienced" remark about Lynn, his performance as OC helped him get a HC position.

Rex hiring Roman doesn't mean he "coached" TT.

Rex Ryan's defenses have always been risky, attacking defenses designed to either get a sack/TO or give up a play. If you want to argue that his defensive personality seeped into the O, I'd like to know why you think so.

It's not like Roman's system was way different before he came to Buffalo. He was always running a complex run heavy offense that controlled the clock and barely passed. He ran the exact same offense in San Fran. There was virtually no difference with Rex Ryan or Jim Harbaugh.

The inexperienced remark was because it was true.

As to whether A Lynn is good, we'll see in a year or 2.

we all saw that Rex was bad before 2 full seasons.

I'm not wishing A Lynn ill will, I just don't know how "good" he is.