Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

It was a great game by him, not denying that but 300 yards is not a benchmark for being a better QB than anyone. Not to mention, it was against the 22nd ranked DVOA pass defense, 14 completions, 120 of his yards, 1 TD and 1 INT were from 9 yards or shorter (including behind the line of scrimmage) and they lost...

So using this right here, in which game (s) was Tyrod better?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is that Tyrod's inability to throw the football hurts Buffalo. When Buffalo has needed Tyrod to make plays in the passing game in the 4th quarter or in a two minute drill he has generally failed.

Dak has been protected as a rookie but in big moments he has led his team to wins. The playoff game only an Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind beat the Cowboys. If Tyrod goes against a Brady or Rodgers and does his part I will not complain.

Putting it all on TT is imo scapegoating. Saying that he is unable to throw the football is an overstatement I believe too. Can he be better? Definitely. He def needs to improve late in games no doubt about it. He needs to be more efficient with his arm, keep moving the ball which last year proved difficult with the lack of receivers that could separate consistently. Especially during crunch time. Again, I am not trying to say he is a franchise QB, but the blame isn't all on him. The staff also needs to open it up more, give him more freedom, call more plays over the middle, give him some legitimate weapons, put him in positions to succeed, more rollouts, deeper drops etc etc..

So using this right here, in which game (s) was Tyrod better?

1st, I never said TT was better than Dak or vice versa, just said that using a 300 game as an argument to reign a QB better is not rational. Tyrod's best games were the 1st NE game, Seattle, Jax, SF and the 2nd Miami game were good games by TT.

Edited by cover1

The issue is that Tyrod's inability to throw the football hurts Buffalo. When Buffalo has needed Tyrod to make plays in the passing game in the 4th quarter or in a two minute drill he has generally failed.

Dak has been protected as a rookie but in big moments he has led his team to wins. The playoff game only an Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind beat the Cowboys. If Tyrod goes against a Brady or Rodgers and does his part I will not complain.

Everyone seems to think a highly efficient passing O just magically appears out of thin air with the right QB. It takes practice and game reps, Buffalo averaged the lowest in the league. It takes a proven system/coahing, Buffalo sent the architect of the Bills O packing two weeks into the season, then continued out of the same run heavy playbook. It takes good playmakers at WR, Buffalo has one and he missed part of the season.

Does this sound like the kind of conditions any QB can produce well under, because it doesn't to me.

Everyone seems to think a highly efficient passing O just magically appears out of thin air with the right QB. It takes practice and game reps, Buffalo averaged the lowest in the league. It takes a proven system/coahing, Buffalo sent the architect of the Bills O packing two weeks into the season, then continued out of the same run heavy playbook. It takes good playmakers at WR, Buffalo has one and he missed part of the season.

Does this sound like the kind of conditions any QB can produce well under, because it doesn't to me.

You do realize that Anthony Lynn went on to get hired as head coach? Apparently an NFL team didn't think A Lynn was the problem.

You do realize that Anthony Lynn went on to get hired as head coach? Apparently an NFL team didn't think A Lynn was the problem.

A Lynn is not an OC and didn't design the G Roman playbook.

C Jones 1st NFL drive should have ended on a positive note, instead Lynn put Jones in a no win situation.

Just because one team looking for a temporary cheap stop gap hired lynn does not make him a good coach IMO.

...a couple of OBJECTIVE assessments (I'll kiss babies but not QB asses)......neither EJ or TT had the best of career starts in Bflo......EJ was Nix (or whomever) 2nd choice after OBD bailed on Genome being their #1 to sit behind Kolb, which is in the top 5 of worst OBD signings in Buffalo's history....5 concussions=noodle gone BEFORE the "Great Mat Attack".....Roman went ballistic internally when Cassel was traded so TT was 2nd fiddle....BUT....BOTH have gray matter issues adapting to the speed of the game at this level...EJ failed and also had ZERO confidence....TT's gray matter ability to process the field remains highly questionable in my mind with his "wheels escapability" being the only salvation to a point.....I'm not convinced anyone (HOPEFULLY DENNISON) can correct gray matter issues...and if this club does NOT get some offensive balance ("run or done" won't cut it) between running, passing, with TT wheels being an OPTION as needed versus dependency, I'll be dead before they ever make the playoffs (hold the applause)....

???? Still ended the game 15/25 60%, including 2 throwaways, 1 batted pass, 3 dropped passes but 2 TDs 1 INT, 228 yds and a 100 QBR per pro football focus. 10/12 over the middle of the field for 146 yds and 1 TD....That wasn't even his worse game..

Agree completely

It was pretty freaking terrible, through 3 quarters in a must win game with his job on the line (and his coaches) he managed one 7 yard TD drive.

as for the many non biased highly regarded posters and writers, I'm pretty sure most if not all have backed off. simply because at this point, they, you or even I have no clue what the season ahead holds for TT and the TEAM.

and until he and the TEAM have taken the field and played 16 games you are just beating a dead horse, a very, very dead horse.

the horse you have been beating, is now a skeleton and soon to be dust. why don't you give it a break? I see many of your posts concerning taylor as nothing more than trolling. your posts on taylor no longer hold substance. it is a new year/season. save your bashing in your back pocket and only bring it back out if it becomes warranted, if ??

and no, no emotions here, just an observation of your TT posts.

Have backed off of what ? He is a terrible pocket passer who took a paycut and must elevate his play or return to holding a clipboard.

Many have no faith in him. I knew he was washed after the Cincy win then he validated my thoughts with his putrid play vs OAK and PITT.

At least the draft might be fun.

Let's just be honest. Let's just be real.

...a couple of OBJECTIVE assessments (I'll kiss babies but not QB asses)......neither EJ or TT had the best of career starts in Bflo......EJ was Nix (or whomever) 2nd choice after OBD bailed on Genome being their #1 to sit behind Kolb, which is in the top 5 of worst OBD signings in Buffalo's history....5 concussions=noodle gone BEFORE the "Great Mat Attack".....Roman went ballistic internally when Cassel was traded so TT was 2nd fiddle....BUT....BOTH have gray matter issues adapting to the speed of the game at this level...EJ failed and also had ZERO confidence....TT's gray matter ability to process the field remains highly questionable in my mind with his "wheels escapability" being the only salvation to a point.....I'm not convinced anyone (HOPEFULLY DENNISON) can correct gray matter issues...and if this club does NOT get some offensive balance ("run or done" won't cut it) between running, passing, with TT wheels being an OPTION as needed versus dependency, I'll be dead before they ever make the playoffs (hold the applause)....

The problem is part gray matter and part faulty system in my humble opinion AFL,

The more user friendly West Coast O and innovative coaching may give Buffalo the desired results IMO.

I Billieve...

Edited by Figster

The problem is part gray matter and part faulty system in my humble opinion AFL,

The more user friendly West Coast O and innovative coaching may give Buffalo the desired results IMO.

I Billieve...

....EXCELLENT point bud......adapting to the capabilities of your personnel versus forcing a "round peg into a sqaure hole" makes perfect sense....good assessment :thumbsup:

....EXCELLENT point bud......adapting to the capabilities of your personnel versus forcing a "round peg into a sqaure hole" makes perfect sense....good assessment :thumbsup:

Definitely agree. I have never been a fan of the Roman passing system and or David Lee's resume in developing QB talent. He gets credit for Romo but there were some really good coaches on that staff when Romo got there so its a push for me. The system Roman runs is very vanilla. Lots of three man routes, have your athletic find a matchup or take off. It has always been like that. I do believe that Dennison's system should embrace TT's strengths. Mobility, more run/pass options, screens and just an overall better job of a putting him in favorable positions. Do I expect us to be top ten in passing or attempts for that matter? No, but if we can continue to run the ball, convert some more through the air when we need to and still remain top ten in scoring, the D should be much better than it was, we should be ok.

Thanks for saying OldTimer,

but I'm really not the one that deserves credit for the assessment/ adjustment.

There's a new Sheriff in town,

goes by the name McDermott...

I Billieve...

Definitely agree. I have never been a fan of the Roman passing system and or David Lee's resume in developing QB talent. He gets credit for Romo but there were some really good coaches on that staff when Romo got there so its a push for me. The system Roman runs is very vanilla. Lots of three man routes, have your athletic find a matchup or take off. It has always been like that. I do believe that Dennison's system should embrace TT's strengths. Mobility, more run/pass options, screens and just an overall better job of a putting him in favorable positions. Do I expect us to be top ten in passing or attempts for that matter? No, but if we can continue to run the ball, convert some more through the air when we need to and still remain top ten in scoring, the D should be much better than it was, we should be ok.

Thank you each !

and you too Ryan, Creating discourse is always appreciated

So we're going to blame the wide receivers, blame the defense, and now blame the Bills coaches? Greg Roman's crap offense took Colin Kaepernick to a Superbowl but now the Bills are assumed to improve?

Every new coach we hire is always better.

That's the goal anyways

???? Still ended the game 15/25 60%, including 2 throwaways, 1 batted pass, 3 dropped passes but 2 TDs 1 INT, 228 yds and a 100 QBR per pro football focus. 10/12 over the middle of the field for 146 yds and 1 TD....That wasn't even his worse game..

Agree completely

Did you watch the Steelers game or just check the stat line? Taylor was not good that game at all.

You're losing all credibility with this post. Many nonbiased highly regarded posters and writers have stated that is the truth.

An apology is in order. Brandon Tate is still open in the ez .

Sorry but no. Find a comparative study. Or do one yourself.

You guys act like Taylor missed wide open WRs he was supposed to throw to based on his reads more than any other QB in the NFL.

The very first play of the season is one of those plays is a good example. Woods, who ended up streaking wide open to the left of Taylor, was on a side of the field Taylor never looked because his first or second read was open on the opposite side of the field.

I hope you're not pretending you've watched the All-22 of every play of every QB in the NFL? Or that you understand where a QB is supposed to go on every play? Or that a bird's eye view from the comfort of your living room is the same as the perspective on the field with bullets flying?

The Packers lost to the Bills 21-13 in a stunning upset that saw Rodgers throw two interceptions, completing just 17 of 42 passes for 185 yards. Before that game, Rodgers had thrown just three interceptions on the season.

Green Bay lost to Tampa Bay 30-21. Rodgers barely completed half of his passes at 14-for-27 and tallied 165 yards, two touchdowns and those three picks. And it wasn't just interceptions that came in threes that day; Tampa Bay racked up three sacks against the Pack.

I can do this all day long. Name me a QB.

Edited by r00tabaga

Sorry but no. Find a comparative study. Or do one yourself.

You guys act like Taylor missed wide open WRs he was supposed to throw to based on his reads more than any other QB in the NFL.

The very first play of the season is one of those plays is a good example. Woods, who ended up streaking wide open to the left of Taylor, was on a side of the field Taylor never looked because his first or second read was open on the opposite side of the field.

I hope you're not pretending you've watched the All-22 of every play of every QB in the NFL? Or that you understand where a QB is supposed to go on every play? Or that a bird's eye view from the comfort of your living room is the same as the perspective on the field with bullets flying?

I got it you love him. Next year he will bypass Simien and it's on !!!

Ignore the all 22's and the linked articles. They are probably fake noooooz