Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Again, it didn't matter who ran pass patterns for the Bills last year as they were ALL open, didn't matter who it was, they were open. QB failed to see them and get them the ball

Yes because the all 22 does everything it needs to tell you and your armchair qb ilk everything there is to know about what is going on the field

pathetic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it didn't matter who ran pass patterns for the Bills last year as they were ALL open, didn't matter who it was, they were open. QB failed to see them and get them the ball.

...OS, ask yourself this:....how many times to you run your route full tilt and fight to get open knowing you'll probably never see the ball because your QB lacks the ability to scan the entire field?.....sure I'm getting paid a helluva lot of money but the routine gets old quick..........

...OS, ask yourself this:....how many times to you run your route full tilt and fight to get open knowing you'll probably never see the ball because your QB lacks the ability to scan the entire field?.....sure I'm getting paid a helluva lot of money but the routine gets old quick..........

This is a wise comment in my humble opinion coming from an OldTimeAFLGuy.

Playmakers want the football because they get paid to make plays.

These are the kinds of baseless, denegrating comments that are really annoying.

You're losing all credibility with this post. Many nonbiased highly regarded posters and writers have stated that is the truth.

An apology is in order. Brandon Tate is still open in the ez

Your posts never seem to disappoint, +rep troll.

Do better. Less emotions.

Beat a .500 team not on their 3rd stringer this season please. You're the troll. I like top 15 ranked qb's myself.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'd take my chances with Dak going forward over TT still. A QB who has one great year is worth way more than a QB who had a good year and then a mediocre year.

I will say that I loved Dak coming into the draft http://www.cover1.net/?s=dak but his game was not much different than TT's first year as a starter, one where he had Sammy the whole season. They protected Dak much like TT. People forget that TT ended the 2015 season on fire with Sammy. I am personally holding off on Dak is better than TT talk until after this season bc now teams have tape on Dak much like TT. So we shall see how much better he really is come 2017.

Yes because the all 22 does everything it needs to tell you and your armchair qb ilk everything there is to know about what is going on the field

pathetic

I agree with this, guys running open does not mean that TT missed them. It could mean that TT was not on that guy in the progression. Progressions, something many fans know very little about. They just see a guy running open. Where was that guy in his read progression? I think the 'guys were always running open' statement is overblown and I am one that calls him out on it when I see it on Twitter. It's not as often or as blatant as most fans make it out to be.

Edited by cover1

I will say that I loved Dak coming into the draft http://www.cover1.net/?s=dak but his game was not much different than TT's first year as a starter, one where he had Sammy the whole season. They protected Dak much like TT. People forget that TT ended the 2015 season on fire with Sammy. I am personally holding off on Dak is better than TT talk until after this season bc now teams have tape on Dak much like TT. So we shall see how much better he really is come 2017.

I agree with this, guys running open does not mean that TT missed them. It could mean that TT was not on that guy in the progression. Progressions, something many fans know very little about. They just see a guy running open. Where was that guy in his read progression? I think the 'guys were always running open' statement is overblown and I am one that calls him out on it when I see it on Twitter. It's not as often or as blatant as most fans make it out to be.

QBs miss open WRs all the time, ya know because 6-6 270 lb monsters with freakish speed are running around trying to kill you. The best ones do it too. People play too much Madden.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2016/12/15/13976480/film-breakdown-of-tyrod-taylor-week-14-bills-steelers

"If you have followed my film breakdowns all season, you likely know where I stand on the Bills signal caller. I believe his inability to make quick decisions with the ball, stand in the pocket and deliver it accurately are the main reasons hes failed both his team and himself this season"

"Sunday against the Steelers when again, another NFL defense forced Taylor to play the position how its traditionally played and how its intended to be played in todays NFL, he crumbled"

Edited by Ryan L Billz

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2016/12/15/13976480/film-breakdown-of-tyrod-taylor-week-14-bills-steelers

"If you have followed my film breakdowns all season, you likely know where I stand on the Bills signal caller. I believe his inability to make quick decisions with the ball, stand in the pocket and deliver it accurately are the main reasons hes failed both his team and himself this season"

"Sunday against the Steelers when again, another NFL defense forced Taylor to play the position how its traditionally played and how its intended to be played in todays NFL, he crumbled"

You're troll game is strong in this thread. I don't get the hate. Instead of appreciating the positive traits of the QB on YOUR favorite team, all you do is shove a negative narrative down everyones throat. Give it a rest and go back to your UNC threads.

You're losing all credibility with this post. Many nonbiased highly regarded posters and writers have stated that is the truth.

Beat a .500 team not on their 3rd stringer this season please. You're the troll. I like top 15 ranked qb's myself.

I agree that Tyrod left guys open but in all seriousness not all of them.

It was a bit of an outlandish statement

You're troll game is strong in this thread. I don't get the hate. Instead of appreciating the positive traits of the QB on YOUR favorite team, all you do is shove a negative narrative down everyones throat. Give it a rest and go back to your UNC threads.

We can appreciate the good Tyrod did and criticize what he doesn't do well too.

His anticipation is not there. He has to learn to throw it away instead of taking a sack.

pathetic

Ok johnny boy if that is your take then anyone who rewatches a game and breaks it all down for analytics is out to lunch also because of what you say, nobody knows what plays are called and so on, this guy cover 1, DVOA and anyone else who analyzes games.

You're the pathetic one!

These are the kinds of baseless, denegrating comments that are really annoying.

Baselss huh. Disprove it then skippy!

QBs miss open WRs all the time, ya know because 6-6 270 lb monsters with freakish speed are running around trying to kill you. The best ones do it too. People play too much Madden.

???? Still ended the game 15/25 60%, including 2 throwaways, 1 batted pass, 3 dropped passes but 2 TDs 1 INT, 228 yds and a 100 QBR per pro football focus. 10/12 over the middle of the field for 146 yds and 1 TD....That wasn't even his worse game..

I agree that Tyrod left guys open but in all seriousness not all of them.

It was a bit of an outlandish statement

We can appreciate the good Tyrod did and criticize what he doesn't do well too.

His anticipation is not there. He has to learn to throw it away instead of taking a sack.

Agree completely

Edited by cover1

Dak was an NFL rookie, Tyrod had been in in the NFL for 4 complete seasons prior to his 2015 campaign. You can't compare the two. If Tyrod Taylor was as good as all that NFL teams would have been lining up to pay him the original contract. None stepped up.

Dak was an NFL rookie, Tyrod had been in in the NFL for 4 complete seasons prior to his 2015 campaign. You can't compare the two. If Tyrod Taylor was as good as all that NFL teams would have been lining up to pay him the original contract. None stepped up.

Def truth to that but Tyrod didn't have the talent Dak did coming out either, hence he was drafted much later. Tyrod's field vision should be better than it is right now but its not as bad as people make it out to be. What I was comparing was how Dak was protected much like TT was schematically due to field vision or lack thereof. All I am saying is that we need to step back and stop comparing Dak to TT, saying that Dak is 10x better because of the rookie season he put up. He also wasn't asked to do much not. We have seen that change dramatically for many QBs going from year one to year two..

Edited by cover1

Def truth to that but Tyrod didn't have the talent Dak did coming out either, hence he was drafted much later. Tyrod's field vision should be better than it is right now but its not as bad as people make it out to be. What I was comparing was how Dak was protected much like TT was schematically due to field vision or lack thereof. All I am saying is that we need to step back and stop comparing Dak to TT, saying that Dak is 10x better because of the rookie season he put up. He also wasn't asked to do much, especially more than TT. We have seen that change dramatically for many QBs going from year one to year two..

Eric, how do you not mention Dak's playoff game? Over 300 yards and 3 TD's. Tyrod Taylor in 2 years never threw for 300 yards until the Miami game in overtime.

Eric, how do you not mention Dak's playoff game? Over 300 yards and 3 TD's. Tyrod Taylor in 2 years never threw for 300 yards until the Miami game in overtime.

It was a great game by him, not denying that but 300 yards is not a benchmark for being a better QB than anyone. Not to mention, it was against the 22nd ranked DVOA pass defense, 14 completions, 120 of his yards, 1 TD and 1 INT were from 9 yards or shorter (including behind the line of scrimmage) and they lost...

Edited by cover1

It was a great game by him, not denying that but 300 yards is not a benchmark for being a better QB than anyone. Not to mention, it was against the 22nd ranked DVOA pass defense and they lost...

The issue is that Tyrod's inability to throw the football hurts Buffalo. When Buffalo has needed Tyrod to make plays in the passing game in the 4th quarter or in a two minute drill he has generally failed.

Dak has been protected as a rookie but in big moments he has led his team to wins. The playoff game only an Aaron Rodgers playing out of his mind beat the Cowboys. If Tyrod goes against a Brady or Rodgers and does his part I will not complain.

as for the many non biased highly regarded posters and writers, I'm pretty sure most if not all have backed off. simply because at this point, they, you or even I have no clue what the season ahead holds for TT and the TEAM.

and until he and the TEAM have taken the field and played 16 games you are just beating a dead horse, a very, very dead horse.

the horse you have been beating, is now a skeleton and soon to be dust. why don't you give it a break? I see many of your posts concerning taylor as nothing more than trolling. your posts on taylor no longer hold substance. it is a new year/season. save your bashing in your back pocket and only bring it back out if it becomes warranted, if ??

and no, no emotions here, just an observation of your TT posts.