Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Why did he not make any plays in the first 3 qtrs in a must win game ?

Why did John from Hemet become frustrated after 3 qtrs of nothing following up the poopfest vs the raiders ?

Just stop please. Facts > Emotions.

Our qb made plays. Hahahaha.

Yea after the Steelers won and took a nap. Unreal.

20 whole points !!

Kinda of hard to score much when your defense is getting run over all day. It was not the best weather day and Big Ben did throw 3 picks that afternoon and at least one of them was horrendous. Only difference was Bell accounted for 297 yards which is like having a college football game stat line.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sets Taylor apart from from all QB's not named Cam Newton is Tyrod Taylors ability to beat you with his arm and legs.

Taylor played with injury that took part of his game away last season IMO.

A healthy Team Taylor operating out of the West Coast O is going to be adding many more electrifying highlights going into the New Era in my humble opinion OP.

...I Billieve...

I think it's weird the way some people lump Taylor in with Kaepernick or RG3 as athletes who play QB and aren't comfortable being traditional pocket passers. Taylor has work to do for sure, but he sure looks like a "pass first" guy to me. And when he has a clean pocket, it sure looks like he can be a traditional pocket passer, too.

TT really just needs to work on the hurry up & using the middle of the field. He got better at it as the season went on but it is lagging. Hoping Rico can get him better vision lanes with the PA Boots he's known for.

The hurry up is the hugest though. That's what really irked me the most.

Edited by r00tabaga

I think it's weird the way some people lump Taylor in with Kaepernick or RG3 as athletes who play QB and aren't comfortable being traditional pocket passers. Taylor has work to do for sure, but he sure looks like a "pass first" guy to me. And when he has a clean pocket, it sure looks like he can be a traditional pocket passer, too.

I believe the west coast offense will be a good fit for Taylor and should have his best year passing.

PS: Thanks for the thread and the link Erik! I'm a TWD newbie but I actually read and found these articles before joining. I like being able to talk to the author himself.

So, question...

How high do you think Taylor's ceiling is and what do you realistically think it will take to help him reach that ceiling and play closer to it with more consistency?

I believe the west coast offense will be a good fit for Taylor and should have his best year passing.

See, this is what I think, too. But some here think exactly the opposite.

Don't get it...

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Kinda of hard to score much when your defense is getting run over all day. It was not the best weather day and Big Ben did throw 3 picks that afternoon and at least one of them was horrendous. Only difference was Bell accounted for 297 yards which is like having a college football game stat line.

That's fine but playoffs were on line and he was ineffective the week before vs the 26th ranked raiders defense.

Gotta man up and make a play before year 17 happens. Alex Smith plays "Taylor ball" but gets wins and the Chiefs were desperate to get Romo and have a workout scheduled with Trubisky and Mahomes.

He must improve or he's done.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

TT really needs to work on the hurry up & continue to use the middle of the field also. He got better at it as the season went on but it is lagging. Hoping Rico can get him better vision lanes with the PA Boots he's known for.

The hurry up is huge though. That's weekday really irked me the most.

There are a lot of things to like about Taylor's game but you are right the 2 minute offense is not one of them.

I do think that it will get better under our new coach. I just feel our overall that our team lacked with situational football. Rex was not a disciplined coach and usually the lack of preparation shows up in critical situations.

I don't get it...

Agreed

Why?

Honestly, Taylor's "lowlights" aren't nearly as bad as most other NFL QBs.

His biggest thing is he needs to get more consistent.

Don't mind him... Thurm's always Mr Cranky Pants who thinks he knows everything but can't see the Forest for the trees.

that really is the thing about TT

- He might actually be close to his ceiling....but his floor is not nearly as bad as some other qbs.....what he does well he does CONSISTANTLY well...he has his warts, but it players would just make plays AROUND him....you can win with him

That's fine but playoffs were on line and he was ineffective the week before vs the 26th ranked raiders defense.

Gotta man up and make a play before year 17 happens.

Taylor and the offense came out on fire in the Raiders game. Unfortunately, the wheels came off in the second half.

If there are any games i was disappointed in Taylor it would be the second half of the Raiders and week 1 against the Ravens. But every qb has bad games. Well, except for Brady.

Taylor and the offense came out on fire in the Raiders game. Unfortunately, the wheels came off in the second half.

If there are any games i was disappointed in Taylor it would be the second half of the Raiders and week 1 against the Ravens. But every qb has bad games. Well, except for Brady.

Ravens game and the Cincinnati game were the worst whole games from Taylor this year for sure and probably in all the games I've seen him play as a Bill.

We went 1-1 in those 2 games.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Ravens game and the Cincinnati game were the worst whole games from Taylor this year for sure and probably in all the games I've seen him play as a Bill.

what people do not talk about when it came tot he Ravens game is our starters barely played together in the pre season leading up to that game.....RR was so paranoid about having his starters for the season and because we suffered injuries in the pre season.

what people do not talk about when it came tot he Ravens game is our starters barely played together in the pre season leading up to that game.....RR was so paranoid about having his starters for the season and because we suffered injuries in the pre season.

Didn't TT have better games with street FA's at WR? When did they get time to play together?

I would really love to know the answer Why that happened? If it's working stay with it. The same thing happened last season VS the Chiefs. Halftime adjustments are for when stuff isn't working.

A good lead with very good passing #'s then the floor dropped out.

I would really love to know the answer Why that happened? If it's working stay with it. The same thing happened last season VS the Chiefs. Halftime adjustments are for when stuff isn't working.

A good lead with very good passing #'s then the floor dropped out.

I wish I had an answer to that. I'm sure Rex would as well. Games like that certainly do reflect poorly on the coaching staff and QB. The defense not being able to put up any resistance in the second half helped create a huge momentum swing in favor of the home team. This in turn fired up their defense giving the entire team life. To a man, our team appeared to have the life sucked out of them in the second half of the Raiders game. Maybe if someone stepped up and made a play the momentum could have shifted back.

On a side note, the back to back wildcat calls after the Raiders first scored in the 3rd quarter were infuriating. I hope I never see a wildcat play again with Taylor at QB. We had some moderate success with the play early on and it just was not that effective later in the season. The play makes no sense to me when you have the most athletic QB in the NFL behind center. Use the play if you have a QB who is not a threat but not with Taylor.

Back on point, those wildcat plays left us a 3rd and passing situation allowing the Raiders pass rush to attack with the crowd behind them. Incomplete, a punt and another Raiders score and it is 24-23 Bills after being up 24-9 just a few minutes earlier. Shock set it at this point and never recovered.

Ooooh a new excuse. I like it.

Cincy game after the near perfect game in Seattle was mind boggling.

Makes no sense.

Ooooh a new excuse. I like it.

Cincy game after the near perfect game in Seattle was mind boggling.

Makes no sense.

There was not a lot to like about the Bengals game but it was a road game coming off their bye after a really tough loss in Seattle. I think the team emptied their tank in Seattle when they were desperate for a win.

Also, AJ Green went out early in this game and this was one of the few games where the Bills defense seemed to be in control. I think our coaching staff just wanted the offense to play conservative and not make any mistakes and what that got was a lackluster performance on offense but enough to get a road win.