Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Matt Ryan just played his best season ever. Carson Palmer had a career resurgence in Arizona. It's just wrong that every QB hits their ceiling at a certain age. He has only started 2 years. I personally believe he can improve, especially since his faults are correctable like reading a defense or leaving the pocket too early. Definitely willing to give him a chance. There have been way crazier things that happened in the NFL.

Both of those QB's have hit close to those heights before in their careers. It's not like Matt Ryan was just scraping by as a starter for 6 years. Palmer had a couple down years in Oakland but also had some great years in Cincy.

I think there's a point of diminishing returns.

Right now I feel that way......

Then I don't know how you can't understand the argument that some folks would rather build around a guy who hasn't seen his ceiling. Or get a guy at a higher ceiling.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those QB's have hit close to those heights before in their careers. It's not like Matt Ryan was just scraping by as a starter for 6 years. Palmer had a couple down years in Oakland but also had some great years in Cincy.

I think there's a point of diminishing returns.

Then I don't know how you can't understand the argument that some folks would rather build around a guy who hasn't seen his ceiling. Or get a guy at a higher ceiling.

I have never been against doing that.....but most rookies take time to aclimate to the NFL

I got it you love him. Next year he will bypass Simien and it's on !!!

Ignore the all 22's and the linked articles. They are probably fake noooooz

Funny, I've seen posters referring to you as the board Troll. I'm not one to label like that, but your simple, narrow-minded posts probably lend credence to that belief.

Serves me right for spending the time responding thoughtfully to you...

Baselss huh. Disprove it then skippy!

It's your job to prove your wild generalization, not mine to disprove it.

As I challenged another poster recently, go watch every play from every QB in the NFL and chart the % of plays at least 1WR is "wide open" and the QB doesn't throw it to him.

Do that and it's fair to talk about whether TT is as bad at this as you believe he is.

I know it's going to take time. Making strong, well-reasoned arguments often take time. Good thing it's the offseason.

Your move, Skippy...

Taylor was 19th in Td's. It'll all be over soon.

Rooting for the 12 gauge baby. Pants this game manager in TC!

Wow... you're just sad...

But then again, you serve as a good way to wean off the countless trolls over at BBMB.

Going cold turkey would be tough... so thanks for being here!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Funny, I've seen posters referring to you as the board Troll. I'm not one to label like that, but your simple, narrow-minded posts probably lend credence to that belief.

Serves me right for spending the time responding thoughtfully to you...

Troll ? You're the one advocating for the guy who went 1-6 vs .500 teams.

How many more lazy emotional bbmb'ers will call me a troll because the facts hurt ?

This is becoming a bore.

There were also those who said his 2015 campaign was Hall of Fame worthy, so let's leave open the possibility that there exist more than two schools of thought on Taylor. I think the majority of Bills fans have him pegged right where he belongs: a limited stopgap whose best attributes​ are a low turnover ratio and running ability.

It's no crime to want more out of the quarterback position.

Wow... talk about oversimplification and twisting of a statement. I already know I'm one of the posters you're referring to.

And they need playing time to do that.

It all depends on how you feel about the team I guess

Is it rebiulding? Is it retooling?

This team was 6th in the NFL in scoring and the QB that was the head of that snake is returning......so why insert a rookie QB when you actually can draft one and give him some time holding a clipboard and running a NFL scout team to let the NFL game slow down for him a little bit. The general concensous of this qb crop is there are QBs with promise but not ready to start.

So lets draft one and bring them along.....meanwhile you have kept your offense pretty much intact and have an opportunity to add to it.

If you add offensive weapons and Tyrod does his thing better.....great...if he falters you are drafting offensive weapons for the NEXT qb to use. Either way I dont expect TT to fall on his face because frankly he has not shown that.....we have seen his hard floor.

TT redid his contract and is now on a affordable bridge contract deal.

You may have been one. Do I misremember or were there not people saying he put up Hall of Fame numbers in 2015?

who put up hall of fame numbers in 2015?

It all depends on how you feel about the team I guess

Is it rebiulding? Is it retooling?

This team was 6th in the NFL in scoring and the QB that was the head of that snake is returning......so why insert a rookie QB when you actually can draft one and give him some time holding a clipboard and running a NFL scout team to let the NFL game slow down for him a little bit. The general concensous of this qb crop is there are QBs with promise but not ready to start.

So lets draft one and bring them along.....meanwhile you have kept your offense pretty much intact and have an opportunity to add to it.

If you add offensive weapons and Tyrod does his thing better.....great...if he falters you are drafting offensive weapons for the NEXT qb to use. Either way I dont expect TT to fall on his face because frankly he has not shown that.....we have seen his hard floor.

TT redid his contract and is now on a affordable bridge contract deal.

who put up hall of fame numbers in 2015?

No, it wasn't.

This team is looking for its franchise QB. That's where we've been the last 20 years and we all know Taylor ain't it. Why not give a rookie QB who has more potential than TT the reins and see what they can do? If they suck, we'll have to draft another one soon anyway. By not playing them, you are depriving them of valuable experience. And you are depriving the coaches and GMs from evaluating their ability. I don't want 3 young QB's sitting on the bench who we have never seen play. Draft them, start them, and let them grow. If they suck, try again. If they're good, we're good. TT is irrelevant.

We can continue to add to the offense without TT. He is not necessary.

No, it wasn't.

This team is looking for its franchise QB. That's where we've been the last 20 years and we all know Taylor ain't it. Why not give a rookie QB who has more potential than TT the reins and see what they can do? If they suck, we'll have to draft another one soon anyway. By not playing them, you are depriving them of valuable experience. And you are depriving the coaches and GMs from evaluating their ability. I don't want 3 young QB's sitting on the bench who we have never seen play. Draft them, start them, and let them grow. If they suck, try again. If they're good, we're good. TT is irrelevant.

We can continue to add to the offense without TT. He is not necessary.

The team is looking to win first and foremost....the offense was NOT the problem with this team the defense was. You can sit there and debate that this offense was not 6th in points in which TT played until the cows come home....or except that they were top 10 as a team frankly I dont care which.

Why in the world would an NFL draft and start a rookie when they had that kind of production its previous year....to see if it will succeed or fail when the previous qb DIDNT fail? Makes no sense.

We should draft a qb to groom....that is why im not keen on one at 10....more like round 2.

To say that a qb that was at the helm of a top 10 offense is "not necessary" is retarded

So is it time or playing time that matters? Didn't you just say that TT has been in the league for 6 years ( implying that it's the 6 years that matters?)

We didn't know TT wasn't good enough until watching him play for two years, yes.

The team is looking to win first and foremost....the offense was NOT the problem with this team the defense was. You can sit there and debate that this offense was not 6th in points in which TT played until the cows come home....or except that they were top 10 as a team frankly I dont care which.

Why in the world would an NFL draft and start a rookie when they had that kind of production its previous year....to see if it will succeed or fail when the previous qb DIDNT fail? Makes no sense.

We should draft a qb to groom....that is why im not keen on one at 10....more like round 2.

To say that a qb that was at the helm of a top 10 offense is "not necessary" is retarded

Again, no. The team is looking for its franchise QB. TT is nothing. He's Cutler, Schaub, Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick. A guy who is decent in spots but definitely ain't the guy. We don't need him. He has failed by not being the guy.

We want to draft and start a rookie to find our franchise QB. Cardale's already on the bench, we don't need another one to sit.

Edited by FireChan

We didn't know TT wasn't good enough until watching him play for two years, yes.

Again, no. The team is looking for its franchise QB. TT is nothing. He's Cutler, Schaub, Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick. A guy who is decent in spots but definitely ain't the guy. We don't need him. He has failed by not being the guy.

We want to draft and start a rookie to find our franchise QB. Cardale's already on the bench, we don't need another one to sit.

Our D finished lower than our O, yet I have yet to see your 3000 posts crusading against our D?

Our D finished lower than our O, yet I have yet to see your 3000 posts crusading against our D?

Because he is looking for a top 5 guy to overcome that......

We might NEVER see that....but hey lets call TT a loser because he isnt one and keep drafting them number 1....we might eventually get lucky

lets make sure that we keep chasing that top 5 guy that we might never see....hey lets use a number 1 pick in a draft where they arent even rated that highly in search of one and bypass much more highly rated players

That makes more sense

Our defense isn't just one player. And I was calling Rex a hack that screwed up our defense while Johnny boy here was telling me Rex was fine and it was all okay. :thumbsup:

Because he is looking for a top 5 guy to overcome that......

We might NEVER see that....but hey lets call TT a loser because he isnt one and keep drafting them number 1....we might eventually get lucky

lets make sure that we keep chasing that top 5 guy that we might never see....hey lets use a number 1 pick in a draft where they arent even rated that highly in search of one and bypass much more highly rated players

That makes more sense

TT isn't a loser. He's just Cutler, Schaub, Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick. A guy who is decent in spots but definitely ain't the guy. We don't need him.

We should continue chasing a top tier franchise QB, yes. We should use our high draft picks to find one because that's where the most talented QB's are, yes.

It honestly does make a lot of sense. How many current franchise QB's were drafted in the first round?

Our defense isn't just one player. And I was calling Rex a hack that screwed up our defense while Johnny boy here was telling me Rex was fine and it was all okay. :thumbsup:

TT isn't a loser. He's just Cutler, Schaub, Hoyer, McCown, Fitzpatrick. A guy who is decent in spots but definitely ain't the guy. We don't need him.

We should continue chasing a top tier franchise QB, yes. We should use our high draft picks to find one because that's where the most talented QB's are, yes.

It honestly does make a lot of sense. How many current franchise QB's were drafted in the first round?

We just are not gonna agree on this. And yes....I was hopeful for a strong D under RR without realizing how inflexible he was in his defensive concepts.

And since you basically B word about everything the the bills do....your chances are going to be high right FC? Your even advocating starting a rookie because you once again set your arguements up to be right

- If they finish Mediocre...t.hey have done no worse then past teams

- If they finish aweful.....we are drafting a qb in the top of the 1st round

But oh boy....if Mcd actually improves that defense and the O just does what it did last year.....that is gonna make you look aweful cant have that on a internet message board...:)

Edited by John from Hemet

We just are not gonna agree on this. And yes....I was hopeful for a strong D under RR without realizing how inflexible he was in his defensive concepts.

And since you basically B word about everything the the bills do....your chances are going to be high right FC? Your even advocating starting a rookie because you once again set your arguements up to be right

- If they finish Mediocre...t.hey have done no worse then past teams

- If they finish aweful.....we are drafting a qb in the top of the 1st round

But oh boy....if Mcd actually improves that defense and the O just does what it did last year.....that is gonna make you look aweful cant have that on a internet message board... :)

You already do. You know TT ain't the answer. You're just afraid to spend a first to replace him.

Let's play a game. Let's name all the original first round picks in the last 17 years that are Bills who have proven to be able to play well in the NFL. I'll start. Sammy. Dareus. And that's it. So go on telling me how using a 1st on a QB is such a waste. Sure thing dude. 2/17.

What's gonna make me look awful? I'm not following,

You already do. You know TT ain't the answer. You're just afraid to spend a first to replace him.

Let's play a game. Let's name all the original first round picks in the last 17 years that are Bills who have proven to be able to play well in the NFL. I'll start. Sammy. Dareus. And that's it. So go on telling me how using a 1st on a QB is such a waste. Sure thing dude. 2/17.

What's gonna make me look awful? I'm not following,

Overdrafting these qbs is not gonna make them better