Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Our defense isn't just one player.

Neither is the O. ***shakes head at stupidity***

I'm done responding to this type of ****.

No need to reply.

No, but one player, namely the QB, has a greater impact on the offense than the other 10. You could maybe make the argument that a pass rusher does the same on defense, but it is to a much lesser degree.

I'm sorry if you're frustrated. These are general football principles.

Overdrafting these qbs is not gonna make them better

Would Carr have sucked if he got drafted in the first instead of the early second?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Carr have sucked if he got drafted in the first instead of the early second?

He probably would've sucked if the Bills had drafted him, lol. Something about this organization...

I wanted Bridgewater or Carr that year. None of the guys in the 2017 draft class are even close. Terrible class. The Bills really shouldn't waste an early pick on one, especially considering the needs on defense. However, it would be such a Billsy move to grab a first round QB again in a 2013-like class. History repeats itself, right?

He probably would've sucked if the Bills had drafted him, lol. Something about this organization...

I wanted Bridgewater or Carr that year. None of the guys in the 2017 draft class are even close. Terrible class. The Bills really shouldn't waste an early pick on one, especially considering the needs on defense. However, it would be such a Billsy move to grab a first round QB again in a 2013-like class. History repeats itself, right?

I think this draft is better than the 2014 class or at least on par.

The 2013 class was an enigma. It's like wont be seen again in years.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

So true when evaluating QBs

Yeah but I think there's certainly a case to be made. Hell, even last year had an FCS QB go #2 overall. I was a Wentz guy but that's crazy.

This class is no weaker than 2014 or 2016 in terms of QB. 2014 was a heckuva draft in other positions though. I think we'll see at least 2 QBs go in the first.

All we can do is hope TT steps up

Steps up to what no more consecutive 3 and outs in big games, good luck with that.

Keep wishing for that mircle odds are it's another season of no playoffs and wishing for a real QB next season. Fire a cordinator year one after the stink settles. Same old Bills wishing for a mircle with other teams backups. It's a QB driven league, we need a GM that can fix it, Whaley called out this teams problem as QB when hired and years later it's the same exact problem. Other teams backups won't fix it, that bridge has no exit.

Edited by xRUSHx

You may have been one. Do I misremember or were there not people saying he put up Hall of Fame numbers in 2015?

Primarily Shaw and I said that if Taylor replicated the exact same numbers per game in 2015 he had every year for the rest of his career he's a HOFer. And that unlike what everyone else was saying, the hard part would actually be maintaining his play, not improving it.

Still think we were wrong?

Primarily Shaw and I said that if Taylor replicated the exact same numbers per game in 2015 he had every year for the rest of his career he's a HOFer. And that unlike what everyone else was saying, the hard part would actually be maintaining his play, not improving it.

Yes. Unequivocally.

This guy ? Hof ? You said that before this game right ?

http://www.patriots.com/video/2015/11/24/week-11-bills-vs-patriots-highlights

So we're going to blame the wide receivers, blame the defense, and now blame the Bills coaches? Greg Roman's crap offense took Colin Kaepernick to a Superbowl but now the Bills are assumed to improve?

Every new coach we hire is always better.

It's always excuses with Taylor and why he's this, and why he didn't do that.

I've never witnessed any other Bills player treated in such fashion before. As if everything must be perfect...otherwise, you can't blame Taylor.

It's laughable, really. Every QB has to deal with something. Injuries are a part of the game, and players miss time. Plenty of teams have worse Oline and lesser RB talent, but they still perform at a high level.

The QB negates many deficiencies if he's any good. That's why they make the big money. If you are seeing issues within the offense, then the QB plays a major part in that.

Matt Ryan just played his best season ever. Carson Palmer had a career resurgence in Arizona. It's just wrong that every QB hits their ceiling at a certain age. He has only started 2 years. I personally believe he can improve, especially since his faults are correctable like reading a defense or leaving the pocket too early. Definitely willing to give him a chance. There have been way crazier things that happened in the NFL.

FWIW

Matt Ryan has been a good QB for a long time as he's been in the playoffs in 5 different seasons.

Actually playoff appearances and wins have an impact on HOF selections.

I doubt A Dalton,who is a decent QB makes the HOF.

Actually you are the only one ignoring all 22's and grossly exaggerating the short comings as if its always.

1. We had the 5th highest scoring offense in the NFL under him, so theres that.

2. He made some amazing plays, and a lot of amazing plays, both years here that many QB's couldn't make.

3. Yes, he needs to see the middle of the field better, no one is denying that, but you grossly over exaggerate this issue, completely ignore the impact of not having consistent WRs or ones he can trust, and the plays he has made with his legs on a lot of those "missed" guys down field.

After Sammy got healthy after the bye week in 2015, TT and Sammy went on to have a great connection all over the field, including down field where Sammy was one of the most productive WRs in the NFL during that stretch. In 2016, Sammy was a decoy at best in most the games he played or flat out not playing. In the final game with TT and Sammy in week 16 as he finally started to get back into game shape, Sammy again had a big game.

All this nonsense of how he can't get better is just that: Nonsense. He has to improve, but he has shown the ability to throw the deep ball in 2015, then he lost his best and most trusted WR for most the 2016 campaign and had a collection of dinged up fill ins and scrubs. Do NOT under estimate the impact of QB's trust in his WR's, especially one who is very dangerous with his legs.

With a new staff, new OC, healthy Sammy, upgrades at WR from FA and probably the Draft I would expect, its very possible TT can have more patience and not be so quick to take off running and see the field better. Does it mean he will...no it does not. But you, FC, Jeffismagic, etc have all made the final conclusion and declaration that this dual thread QB can not possibly get better despite having less than 2 years of games on his belt, and all the challenges he has faced in his short career as a starter.

So maybe its time to turn off the 2 year anti Taylor agenda for a bit and just sit back and root for the kid to succeed rather than condem him over things you think you know but dont really know. If Taylor doesn't show growth and improvement next year, his days will be numbered next year and the Bills almost certainly go all in on a QB in the next draft. I actually wouldn't be surprised if we pulled him if he struggles and are out of contention this year and give what ever young QB we have behind him a shot (Cardale or whoever we draft or bring in as UDFA) to show what they have.

That's it. :thumbsup:.

but but but....you haven't picked a side! :wallbash:

Transplant, do the other former BBMBers a favor and stop being so cantankerous.

Saying you don't insult then insult is counterproductive.

No reason to throw insults when someone disagrees with your constant overly high appraisals of Taylor.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Our D finished lower than our O, yet I have yet to see your 3000 posts crusading against our D?

Our defense isn't just one player...

I think you might be on to something right there.

I am sure EVERYONE will agree that when the Bills are on offense our silly coaches are sending at least 9 or 10 additional guys out there on the field.

Just think of the problems THAT could be causing.

Then again, I bet Whaley is making them put all those people out there. He should be FIRED.

Edited by cd1

I think you might be on to something right there.

I am sure EVERYONE will agree that when the Bills are on offense our silly coaches are sending at least 9 or 10 additional guys out there on the field.

Just think of the problems THAT could be causing.

Then again, I bet Whaley is making them put all those people out there. He should be FIRED.

Were you making a point?

Here's my closing statement for the radical Taylorheads.

Just remember we couldn't acquire Romo or SEAN GLENNON, so now Tyrod is back.

Let's temper that enthusiasm a few notches.

OMG - We missed out on Sean Glennon?

Glennon signed a contract with the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent.[12] Coach Brad Childress planned to convert Glennon to a wide receiver or a tight end and stated he would not play quarterback for the Vikings. He was waived on June 19, 2009, and later returned. He was released again in August, and was not signed by another NFL team.

NOW I really am pissed!