Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

I guarantee you every team we played had the same plan. That line sounds good after the Baltimore game because we looked awful. You won't hear any Dolphins or Seahawks players come out and say that was the game plan because he sure looked like a QB in those games.

The issue with Tyrod isn't that he can't play like a QB, it's that he's inconsistent. The question moving forward isn't whether or not he can develop new skills, but whether he can more consistently deliver with the skills that he does have. There are many many many QBs in the NFL that could NEVER look as good against Seattle as Tyrod did. Focusing on just the Baltimore game is disingenuous, or any one game for that matter. It is more than reasonable to believe that Tyrod could play more like he did in his good games as he gains more experience. Or who knows, maybe he goes the way of Matt Schaub and regresses horribly. I don't see anyone saying for sure except a few people on your side. I just look at the games as they are, see that Tyrod had some very very good games, and think that if he develops more consistency we could have something special on our hands.

IMO After week 8 of each season, this was the game plan for opponents. Stop the run game and you stop the Bills offense.

There is no argument that the Baltimore game was a disappointment. But it is also just one game and the only one that I can think of in Tyrod's 29 starts that he was almost completely shut down. I think there were a few factors that lead to this:

1. Limited reps in preseason for starting unit. Sammy barely played and very limited time for the starters for fear of injuries. Team seemed to come out a little rusty.

2. Taylor looked to be pressing. This happens sometimes. A player can be so hyped up to play a former team that he just does not relax and let the game come to him. Having Baltimore week 1 gave Taylor all offseason to think about this game and he just did not seem to be his normal self in this game. I attribute it to him pressing.

3. Baltimore knows Taylor and it is not uncommon for this to happen with other players and quarterbacks around the league. Every player has weaknesses and Baltimore tried to force Taylor to stay in the pocket. Again, Taylor tried to force the issue to much by attempting to get out of the pocket when it was not there to do so.

This was just one game and if this was some master plan to stop Tyrod, then other teams would have copied it. No other team has been able to hold Taylor and the offense to 7 points or less. It was a bad performance but not a pattern of play for Taylor.

As I just posted, it was not just one game. It was many.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO After week 8 of each season, this was the game plan for opponents. Stop the run game and you stop the Bills offense.

As I just posted, it was not just one game. It was many.

There were many games Taylor and the offense were held to 7 points or less? Must have missed those weeks.

So now the CoT are blaming Rex Ryan for Tyrod's inability to throw the football? Without Rex Tyrod might still be an obscure backup.

I like the idea that TT will be unleashed on the NFL next year. You gotta Billieve!!

Edited by jeffismagic

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/04/bills-offense-quaint-good-old-school-stats-not-winning/

The Bills went into Week 12 with a lopsided percentage of their offense coming from the run.

The average NFL team derives 30.2 percent of its offense by running. The Bills lead the NFL at 47.1 percent. Next closest are the dreadful San Francisco 49ers at 41.2 percent.

Buffalo simply doesn't have the passing game to compete. The offensive line is talented enough to pass block. Tyrod Taylor adds an effective running dimension that worries defensive coordinators.

The Bills' offense is built to run deep, nice and methodical, slow and steady. They're not designed to rally late, underscored by offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn's leisurely pace in the closing minutes.

Lynn's predecessor, Greg Roman, also was a dawdler. That leads me to believe unhurried is how Rex Ryan coaches it, the way Whaley's roster is built.

So now the CoT are blaming Rex Ryan for Tyrod's inability to throw the football? Without Rex Tyrod might still be an obscure backup.

I like the idea that TT will be unleashed on the NFL next year. You gotta Billieve!!

Not true at all. Several teams were pursuing Taylor in FA 2015. Taylor indicated in an interview after arriving in Buffalo that there were several other interested teams. Had Taylor signed in Denver he would have certainly been the starter after Manning retired.

As far as blaming Rex for limiting Taylor as a passer, I think it is completely reasonable. Do you not think coaching philosophy and schemes matter. If your objective as a coach is to protect the football, not make mistakes and control the clock by running the ball it should not be a surprise when at the end of the year your QB is on the bottom in passing yards.

Those folks in Baltimore sure do love Tyrod.

Ravens defensive tackle Brandon Williams explained after the game what Baltimore wanted to do against the former member of their team.

The game plan was to make him a quarterback, Williams said, via NewYorkUpstate.com. Sometimes he got out of there, but not too many times.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/09/11/ravens-game-plan-for-tyrod-taylor-make-him-a-quarterback/

13-7

Make him be a QB, we will see this a lot this season. Pitt did the same thing to us in our game against them. Tyrod had negative 1 yard per play after the first half and our D got us good field position and 3 turnovers to give him even more chances, still failed being a QB. Consecutive 3 and outs when forced to be a QB.

You mean the game we lost 28-25 and the other team had a running back go for over 200 on the ground. Yes, Tannehill carried Miami with his 15-25 for 204 yards and 1 TD. Nice try.

Correct 28-25. 8 points coming in garbagetime after Taylor failed over and over and over against a terrible Miami defense.

Did you forget already. All the defenses fault. Nevermind Taylor stunk

CoT membership granted, this is how you do it.

Nobody is going to convince any of the Tyrod haters that he is a quality starter. But if you are a Tyrod hater, ask yourself this: Do I believe in HC McDermott? If you like McDermott and believe he has the potential to be a very good HC than you should trust in his most important decision, keeping Taylor.

McDermott did a complete analysis of Taylor's game and he determined that he can win with him. If you believe in McDermott then maybe we should respect his judgment on Taylor as a quarterback. Why would any smart, young, methodical, detail-oriented HC come in and tie himself to a quarterback who can't play? It does not make any sense. Taylor can be a quality quarterback and he he will be even better in an offense that better suits his abilities.

Yes, your right in a game where our defense got gashed for over 200 yards on the ground could not get off the field our QB got pantsed.

Do you remember years ago when Miami rushed for over 200 yards against the Bills and the Bills won?

I do.

Ricky Williams had a huge game against the Buffalo Bills, but the Dolphins lost 38-21 at Orchard Park. His 228 yards rushing (27 carries) is still a team record.

Same season Minnesota rushed for 213 yards and Lost in OT to the Bills.

Stuff like this happens. We need an offense to be able to overcome a poor defense.

Make him be a QB, we will see this a lot this season. Pitt did the same thing to us in our game against them. Tyrod had negative 1 yard per play after the first half and our D got us good field position and 3 turnovers to give him even more chances, still failed being a QB. Consecutive 3 and outs when forced to be a QB.

We had a lot of protection issues in week 1. It was another of the classic greg roman games, struggling to line up let alone setting protection games.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/plenty-of-blame/

Edited by dneveu

Correct 28-25. 8 points coming in garbagetime after Taylor failed over and over and over against a terrible Miami defense.

Did you forget already. All the defenses fault. Nevermind Taylor stunk

CoT membership granted, this is how you do it.

According to you, everything Taylor does is in garbage time.

We had a lot of protection issues in week 1. It was another of the classic greg roman games, struggling to line up let alone setting protection games.

http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/plenty-of-blame/

Roman wanted Tyrod to be a bigger passer like in practice but when the pressure was on Tyrod wasn't able to do it. The gameplay for Baltimore was to make him be a QB something Roman also wanted. Just not good enough, he plays like a backup, hand off and run over throwing. Edited by xRUSHx

Nobody is going to convince any of the Tyrod haters that he is a quality starter. But if you are a Tyrod hater, ask yourself this: Do I believe in HC McDermott? If you like McDermott and believe he has the potential to be a very good HC than you should trust in his most important decision, keeping Taylor.

McDermott did a complete analysis of Taylor's game and he determined that he can win with him. If you believe in McDermott then maybe we should respect his judgment on Taylor as a quarterback. Why would any smart, young, methodical, detail-oriented HC come in and tie himself to a quarterback who can't play? It does not make any sense. Taylor can be a quality quarterback and he he will be even better in an offense that better suits his abilities.

Only time will tell if TT can lead the Bills offense in a more balanced offense. We won't know anything for at least 7 months.