Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

IMO After week 8 of each season, this was the game plan for opponents. Stop the run game and you stop the Bills offense.

I assure you teams had that game plan against us every single week. In any case Seattle and Miami came after week 8. I am sure the game plan against Tyrod in those games was no different than what the other teams were doing, but he played exceptionally well and that was without all his weapons on the field. It definitely was not that simple.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assure you teams had that game plan against us every single week. In any case Seattle and Miami came after week 8. I am sure the game plan against Tyrod in those games was no different than what the other teams were doing, but he played exceptionally well and that was without all his weapons on the field. It definitely was not that simple.

Hasn't it been well-established that Settle doesn't game plan on a per opponent basis as much as other teams?

Hasn't it been well-established that Settle doesn't game plan on a per opponent basis as much as other teams?

I, uh, don't even know how to respond to this. If you want to make the case that Seattle is winging it every week and didn't know the key to our offense was our run game, I'll let you own that argument.

Excuses for what?

The offense was top 7 in scoring. The defense sucked. Tyrod is a decent starting QB in this league who doesn't turn the ball over. He's a nice complementary piece. He's not going to carry a team as we've witnessed the past two years but you can definitely win with him given the right pieces in place.

They should still take a QB early.

Stop slobbering all over TT with such comments! :-)

I'm confused... where's this poll?

I see a direct question of "should the Broncos target Tyrod Taylor in 2017."

https://apester.com/media/58630ca34f601b092922329b

76% said yes and 15% said no.

What's happened Thurm? You used to be so adamantly neutral about everything. Now your bias is blurring your vision.

Is this a Fan Poll or something the Bronco's Front Office will use as a deciding factor?

What fans want and what a FO wants are 2 different things.

Which fan is worse? The fan that wants - Jay Cutler, RGIII, Kaep or Fitz?

Nice straw man.

When your post is a single question that you don't bother to elaborate on or answer on your own, you open yourself up to straw men arguments. But feel free to actually explain your point instead of posing weird questions that imply other bizarre points.

Edited by HappyDays

You don't think it's a bit much to genuinely hate someone based on their communication on a message board?

He has always been that type of poster. Nearly every post has a word edited due to language. Only certain individuals cannot control themselves to not use that language, and they are not regarded as intelligent or well mannered.

Just calling it like I see it.

At least outside the board you actually get to meet the person and get a true evaluation of their character.

Can you imagine what might happen If a whole stadium full of die hard Bills fans got into a heated argument overTyrod or D Whaley,

When your post is a single question that you don't bother to elaborate on or answer on your own, you open yourself up to straw men arguments. But feel free to actually explain your point instead of posing weird questions that imply other bizarre points.

I thought you could figure it out. My mistake.

Seattle has a reputation for game planning less to their matchup than most NFL teams. Hence, playing contain, "making him be a QB," are feasible things that a team like Seattle did not emphasize as much as Baltimore.

Boy, this thread makes me feel like I'm right back on BBMB....

Here and over there some people love to argue no matter what.

A keyboard gives faceless people a lot of courage.

I've seen some online persona's who you'd never match them with if we all met in a bar.

I've seen some online persona's who you'd match in a nanosecond if we all met in a bar.

Honestly, I think some people are trolling with negative posts just to get a rise.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Here and over there some people love to argue no matter what.

A keyboard gives faceless people a lot of courage.

I've seen some online persona's who you'd never match them with if we all met in a bar.

I've seen some online persona's who you'd match in a nanosecond if we all met in a bar.

Honestly, I think some people are trolling with negative posts just to get a rise.

I've met Teef before. He tried to sit in my lap after a few drinks. I thought it was a little too forthcoming.

I thought you could figure it out. My mistake.

Seattle has a reputation for game planning less to their matchup than most NFL teams. Hence, playing contain, "making him be a QB," are feasible things that a team like Seattle did not emphasize as much as Baltimore.

I suppose you'll offer a good source for this, and then you'll explain why Seattle's defense traditionally plays better against QBs than average but played worse against Tyrod than average. At some point you'll have fully completed your argument, maybe 5 posts from now if we're lucky.

I suppose you'll offer a good source for this, and then you'll explain why Seattle's defense traditionally plays better against QBs than average but played worse against Tyrod than average. At some point you'll have fully completed your argument, maybe 5 posts from now if we're lucky.

Because they don't emphasize his running threat. Are you even attempting to follow along?

Then again, it was only 1 game.

I've met Teef before. He tried to sit in my lap after a few drinks. I thought it was a little too forthcoming.

when you dress like that, people may make certain presumptions about how far you're willing to go. if it's not for sale, why put up all the window dressing?

As I've said before...to the CoT, he is a legend. Anything contrary to that is the fault of others...coaches, WR's, the line, the defense, injuries, the system, playing time...it's a list that only gets longer the more he keeps failing to deliver.

Something the NNN's fail to realize is you really dont have to make THAT many excuses for Tyrod's play......it was 7th in the league scoring points when he played...he has been voted to 2 pro bowls...he was ESPN's top free agent aquisition of the year in 2014. So why should the COT even BOTHER making excuses for you and your ilk?

No....there are these things called FACTS

Fact - TT was without his starting WR....Woods was in and out of the lineup with a groin injury......we pulled Harvin off the couch and were throwing to street free agents all year....this is a FACT

Fact..in RR's time here the defense went from 5th in the NFL into the 20's.......this is a FACT

These guys are far gone...discussion with them is a worthless exercise. YET YOU CONTINUE TO DO IT.....

The much more logical explanation on Tyrod is the one supported by the facts, which is that Taylor is pretty much the same guy he was six years ago in college that was graded as a late rounder primarily due to his athleticism. We still see only the occasional exciting play...mostly with his legs. His passing is low level starter caliber, and his ability to process information and go through reads is also not good. He is a RB impersonating a QB, and guys like that just can't get it done. They get exposed more and more as time goes on, and once the athleticism starts to dissipate, it's over.

Actually...TT has improved considerably since when he was drafted....QBR is up....turnovers kept at a minimum....he WAS a RB playing QB when he came out of college but sitting in a back up role appears to have done him some good.....when qbs are inept....they dont manage teams on the field that are in the top 10 scoring.

The fact of the matter is...Tyrod Taylor brings a unique skill set. He has a deep deep ball and throws with good velocity......he appears to have a problem with anticipation but this problem has not resulted in turnovers like it does with a lot of other qbs.

Tyrod has been starting for 2 years now and probably the only thing that looks like is expposed is that fast defenses give him trouble.....but there is krytonite out there for EVERY qb in some form or another depending on the team.

Tyrod Taylor had a groin injury which should have limited his athletism....doesnt appear it did.....doesnt appear to be slowing down to me.

Through ALL of this....he is not a franchise guy....he is a middling level starter and we should continue to draft qbs....you dont have to hate Tyrod Taylor to continue to look to improve the team.

The CoT needs to start preparing for life without their hero because he's likely on his last year with this team.

Care to wager he is with this team for at least 2 more years?

Edited by John from Hemet