Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

You're ranking him against other teams though. Do you not see how it's unfair to not count games TT didn't play but count games that Connor Cook played?

And EJ scored against the Pats. Did you take that score out of your calculation?

First, yes I took out all production from week 17, you know this, we have discussed this in the past many times.

Second, man you are priceless. Could you be anymore hypocritical? Like when you tried to LOWER TT scoring average by removing scores through your flawed and biased version of garbage time, yet did not do that for a single other team...you need help man.

Bottom line is this...there are positives and successes Tyrod has had...period. There are flaws and areas he needs to significantly improve on...period. Most people can accept that, you however rail road him at all costs, even at the expense of facts, logic, and reason like Tyrod knocked your mom and your girl up at the same time.

Bills scored over 26 points per game with Tyrod, 5th in NFL under TT, 3rd in NFL for TD's scored under TT, 5th highest scoring team in Bills history, and 2nd Highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history, only behind the first 3 SB years.

Those are facts, and nothing you can say, do, makeup, invent, etc change those facts. He still has a lot to prove and work on, but he has also accomplished quite a bit in some hard circumstances in his first 28 games as an NFL QB. And neither myself, or anyone else I see around here is saying he is our future. We are saying we can win with him and are not desperate...lets see how he responds this year under a better coaching staff, a healthy Sammy and better WR options, and hopefully more support from the D.

Edited by Alphadawg7

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put that on mills. He gave up a horrible sack on 3rd and goal from the 7 to push it to 4th and goal from the 15. TT was hit pretty much at the point of his drop.

Was there also not an issue of a WR getting knocked down in the end zone on the last play of the game?

First, yes I took out all production from week 17, you know this, we have discussed this in the past many times.

Second, man you are priceless. Could you be anymore hypocritical? Like when you tried to LOWER TT scoring average by removing scores through your flawed and biased version of garbage time, yet did not do that for a single other team...you need help man.

Bottom line is this...there are positives and successes Tyrod has had...period. There are flaws and areas he needs to significantly improve on...period. Most people can accept that, you however rail road him at all costs, even at the expense of facts, logic, and reason like Tyrod knocked your mom and your girl up at the same time.

Bills scored over 26 points per game with Tyrod, 5th in NFL under TT, 3rd in NFL for TD's scored under TT, 5th highest scoring team in Bills history, and 2nd Highest scoring 2 year period in Bills history, only behind the first 3 SB years.

Those are facts, and nothing you can say, do, makeup, invent, etc change those facts. He still has a lot to prove and work on, but he has also accomplished quite a bit in some hard circumstances in his first 28 games as an NFL QB. And neither myself, or anyone else I see around here is saying he is our future. We are saying we can win with him and are not desperate...lets see how he responds this year under a better coaching staff, a healthy Sammy and better WR options, and hopefully more support from the D.

Alpha and Transplant fan need to join forces to become a super seyen

Did you count EJ's TD against NE?

Again, your "facts" are comparing apples to oranges. It's scary that you feel the need to compare TT to the other backups in the NFL to prop him up.

Whether your a fan of Tyrod or not i think we can all agree he brings alot of untangibles and an inconventional approach to quarterbacking in the NFL.

This might be good, this might be bad. Im not sure.

intangibles and unconventional, a lot of QBs have brought that through the years and most get figured out and turn out to be one trick ponies that are irrelevant within a few years.

I did think the Seahawk game was pretty impressive

And I do agree that I would like to see more of that out of Tyrod

OMG, i'm agreeing with john. What has this world come to?

If that Tyrod showed up 12 out of 16 games I would be on board but he doesn't so i'm not.

Like it or not but QBR is a stat that is correlated with winning. Tyrod has been a top 10 QBR quarterback the past 2 years. Defense, injuries, poor coaching and below average kicking has held the team back.

McDermott is viewed positively across the NFL. He did a complete analysis of tyrod and could have easily decided to walk away. Instead, he decided that keeping Tyrod gives the bills the best chance at winning. I'll side with coach on this one.

Dennison's offense is a great fit for Tyrod. He will have his best year yet.

doesn't Dennison run the WCO?

seems to me that you need to be strong in all the departments Tyrod is weak in. the WCO features a short passing game with plenty of passes over the middle. not to mention you need to anticipate where your receivers are going to be, before they break.

could very well be a recipe for disaster.

What's ridiculous is trying to make an argument based off stats he didn't even achieve one year, let alone more than one.

It's just further proof and goes to show the incredible lengths you and other CoT members go to for a guy that just isn't very good.

And please leave the passer rating nonsense alone. We all know he ran a simplified offense with low risk, high percentage throws to pump up that rating. Ask him to do more (2016) and you see what happens.

You're arguing oranges and my argument is vegetable juice... sure they're almost sorta connected, but they aren't.

I was arguing about his per-game stats, Crusher. You get that, right? Yeah, you can call it a stretch to average out what he did on a per game basis in 14 games into 16. That's fine. If it were stretching out 7 games into 16, I could see your argument, but it's 2 games he was missing numbers for. If he played in those 2 games, he obviously would have put stats up. The argument was about Taylor's level of production in 2015, which was much better than you or many give him credit for. Some of you want to argue about how he got those numbers... except he still got them.

I said, all along, that what he did in 2015 was incredibly underappreciated by posters like you and that it would be almost ridiculous to actually expect him to improve his production. I said, all along, that I expected a dip in production, myself, but that if Taylor could somehow maintain his level of production, he would undoubtedly be our Franchise QB and if he maintained that level throughout his career, those are HOF numbers he's putting up.

You guys are blinding yourselves in your anti-Tyrod sentiments that you can't even acknowledge that if anyone's way off in this, it's not me. Maybe I'm off in the idea that Taylor would be a sure-fire HOFer, but when 808 calls it "ridiculous" to think that when you actually do all the thinking about it goes off the deep end in the opposite direction.

You're focusing on "how" he got the production, my argument alone was the production itself, which many over at BBMB actually claimed they needed more of.

So, regardless of HOW he got there, if Taylor had a Passer Rating of 99.4 for his entire career, he would be 3rd in career Passer rating ahead of many, many HOF QBs and (again I firmly believe) would be in the HOF.

Don't come at me with his stats being propped up because of a system. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument we had last year. It was about production and production alone.

In terms of his production in 2015, if he would have maintained his production throughout his career on a game by game basis, that would be a HOF-worthy QB.

In terms of his production in 2015, if he would have maintained his production throughout his career on a game by game basis, that would be a HOF-worthy QB.

So have a whole bunch of guys for a year or two or three. NFL history is littered with them.

Bottomline. Taylor's the best QB we've had around here in a while. If he develops into a better pocket passer this season with some real coaches to go along with the mobility and escapability to make plays we may have something. We know he's willing to put the work in. Hopefully he can look down the *&^%ing middle of the field and throw receivers open like a good QB should.

doesn't Dennison run the WCO?

seems to me that you need to be strong in all the departments Tyrod is weak in. the WCO features a short passing game with plenty of passes over the middle. not to mention you need to anticipate where your receivers are going to be, before they break.

could very well be a recipe for disaster.

Again, I'll defer to the actual professionals that believe tyrod is a great fit. Your logic makes no sense.

kubiak and dennison praised tyrod in Baltimore.then wanted to bring him in Denver to run their offense. If he was a disaster waiting to happen in this offense then Kubiak wants nothing to do with tyrod. And don't think that Dennison did not pull for tyrod to stay in buffalo as he and tyrod have remained close. His mobility and ability to throw on the run make him a very good fit.look how well jeff garcia did in the wco.

You're arguing oranges and my argument is vegetable juice... sure they're almost sorta connected, but they aren't.

I was arguing about his per-game stats, Crusher. You get that, right? Yeah, you can call it a stretch to average out what he did on a per game basis in 14 games into 16. That's fine. If it were stretching out 7 games into 16, I could see your argument, but it's 2 games he was missing numbers for. If he played in those 2 games, he obviously would have put stats up. The argument was about Taylor's level of production in 2015, which was much better than you or many give him credit for. Some of you want to argue about how he got those numbers... except he still got them.

I said, all along, that what he did in 2015 was incredibly underappreciated by posters like you and that it would be almost ridiculous to actually expect him to improve his production. I said, all along, that I expected a dip in production, myself, but that if Taylor could somehow maintain his level of production, he would undoubtedly be our Franchise QB and if he maintained that level throughout his career, those are HOF numbers he's putting up.

You guys are blinding yourselves in your anti-Tyrod sentiments that you can't even acknowledge that if anyone's way off in this, it's not me. Maybe I'm off in the idea that Taylor would be a sure-fire HOFer, but when 808 calls it "ridiculous" to think that when you actually do all the thinking about it goes off the deep end in the opposite direction.

You're focusing on "how" he got the production, my argument alone was the production itself, which many over at BBMB actually claimed they needed more of.

So, regardless of HOW he got there, if Taylor had a Passer Rating of 99.4 for his entire career, he would be 3rd in career Passer rating ahead of many, many HOF QBs and (again I firmly believe) would be in the HOF.

Don't come at me with his stats being propped up because of a system. That has absolutely nothing to do with the argument we had last year. It was about production and production alone.

The fact is you can't give him production he didn't give you. You wanna extrapolate numbers, and I do not believe in such methods.

You are also jumping to another conclusion by saying if he maintained those numbers that you extrapolated that it would make him a HOF'er. Maybe, but if he never achieves anything in terms of winning, and if he doesn't sustain that production for a very long period (let's say at least eight seasons), then he certainly wouldn't be a lock IMO.

Anyways...the argument was silly in the first place. Who even thinks along the lines of this guy producing at a level he never achieved to start with(injured and less production since).

The point here is that you keep going above and beyond to try and make Tyrod sound better than he is. You have converted rush yards to pass in an attempt to bolster his numbers, you have extrapolated numbers, and have insinuated that he would be hall of fame material if he stayed on the path that even he didn't stay on because he missed games due to injury.

At some point...you have to be realistic about what this guy has done and who he is.

it blows my mind that none of you guys are comprehending what he is saying no matter how many times he says it.

let me try.

tyrod is not a hofer. IF (stay with me) he did what he did in 2015 over the course of his career he would it would be hof worthy. IF.

Again you guys have built this wonderful strawman of cot but ignore that many of us that support tyrod do so because of any of the following.

1. he is our best option at the moment for NEXT season.

2. in some people's opinion none of the qbs in this year's draft are going to be the answer.

3. they believe tyrod isn't done improving. in this very thread FireChan talks about no substitute for game experience.

4. they want to see if the Miami and Seattle games can be built on and his consistency can be improved.

5. he plays for the bills so we root for him.

I have yet to see a poster say he is definitively the answer. so let's put this asinine cot business to rest. the only hardliners people in these threads are anti TT people.

take a page from gunner bill. spoke his piece, has proven to be knowledgeable, and let's it rest. we know where everyone stands at this point.

it blows my mind that none of you guys are comprehending what he is saying no matter how many times he says it.

let me try.

tyrod is not a hofer. IF (stay with me) he did what he did in 2015 over the course of his career he would it would be hof worthy. IF.

Again you guys have built this wonderful strawman of cot but ignore that many of us that support tyrod do so because of any of the following.

2. in some people's opinion none of the qbs in this year's draft are going to be the answer.

3. they believe tyrod isn't done improving. in this very thread FireChan talks about no substitute for game experience.

4. they want to see if the Miami and Seattle games can be built on and his consistency can be improved.

I have yet to see a poster say he is definitively the answer. so let's put this asinine cot business to rest. the only hardliners people in these threads are anti TT people.

take a page from gunner bill. spoke his piece, has proven to be knowledgeable, and let's it rest. we know where everyone stands at this point.

well said.

Again, I'll defer to the actual professionals that believe tyrod is a great fit. Your logic makes no sense.

kubiak and dennison praised tyrod in Baltimore.then wanted to bring him in Denver to run their offense. If he was a disaster waiting to happen in this offense then Kubiak wants nothing to do with tyrod. And don't think that Dennison did not pull for tyrod to stay in buffalo as he and tyrod have remained close. His mobility and ability to throw on the run make him a very good fit.look how well jeff garcia did in the wco.

The only thing Jeff Garcia and Tyrod have in common is the ability to make throws on the run. Besides that...nothing. Garcia was smart and made quick decisions. He also had a good feel for the pocket and adjusted to what the defense was giving him. Tyrod is the complete opposite of that.

Once again...if this staff thought so highly of Tyrod, they wouldn't have left him in the dark about what the planned on doing with him, and they certainly wouldn't have asked him to take a whole lot less guaranteed money with no assurances that he's on the roster beyond next season.

Tyrod is endorsed by this staff because he was the best choice for stability at the position next season at the price they liked. Stability is one thing...liking him as the guy to take them to the promised land is another.

let me try.

Except that's not what he's saying. Edited by GoBills808