Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

come on rush. this is total nonsense. you always have a way of twisting who taylor is, and what you think other's opinions of taylor are. i'm willing not a single person feels the bolded. you're hard to take seriously now.

I have loved many of your posts from BBMB Teef but these few are all over this thread pushing hard, I posted my few opinions on here. I'm not twisting just sitting in the wings watching these few.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a better option for 2017?

Well before TT signed his new discount contract, yeah the Bills sure seemed active in pursuit of a different QB, per all the reports.

So yeah, it seemed other options were available, who knows what happened as to why TT is back. My bet is the Bills couple of targets either cost too much or they couldn't get them so they turned to a cheaper TT as their 3rd or worse option, but who knows.

Well before TT signed his new discount contract, yeah the Bills sure seemed active in pursuit of a different QB, per all the reports.

So yeah, it seemed other options were available, who knows what happened as to why TT is back. My bet is the Bills couple of targets either cost too much or they couldn't get them so they turned to a cheaper TT as their 3rd or worse option, but who knows.

They didn't want to bring back TT at the original contract, so they searched out alternate options. Tyrod said he wouldn't take a pay-cut, then he did. So essentially it seems they called his bluff.

All true I guess - but the haters want us to draft someone and just assume he'll be better. They wanted to cut TT, and sign a Hoyer or Cutler, and groom our new guy. Some refuse to even admit that taking him back on the paycut is probably whats best for business to be competitive for 2017.

Or they want us to tank for the 2018 draft... even though the browns and niners seem to pretty much have the top 2 locked up.

Or worse than both, they are all criticism and no solutions. Which is a lot like the buffalo media, who's opinion is that everyone stinks, but refuse to suggest a better option.

I actually said I was fine bringing him back on a true bridge deal. I was told by the CoT that there was no way he'd take less, and that teams would be lining up for his services. Then reality struck, and he ended up having to take a 10 million dollar paycut just to stay with the team because he didn't live up to expectations.

The solution is try something else. Sticking with a failed option that has proven to be not good enough is just accepting your situation. Once something is deemed a failure, move on. His deal is now reasonable, so it's not a huge detriment to have him as a placeholder, but it was before under that deal.

I'm fine with the current situation since it's basically one year at a reasonable price. I still hope that the team looks to draft someone else this season, and I hope this team is looking forward and not setting unrealistic expectations on this upcomimg season.

This team will only contend with a real QB behind center. 2017 should be about setting this team up for the future while keeping the team competitive.

I was told by the CoT that there was no way he'd take less, and that teams would be lining up for his services.

Well our CoT'ers outdid the bbmb CoT'ers. Ours stated he would double his salary elsewhere, and we would be doing him a favor if we released him. He he he

Between that and them wanting to carry his new team to the playoffs, many laughs were had.

Why are people still complaining about Tyrod?

He was a pretty nice find considering what they had at the position before him. They should still take a young QB early.

Tyrod will start this year. Get over it.

I couldn't care less now that he took his paycut and is now defined as a stopgap until the next guy gets a shot...whoever that may be.

This team is no longer tied to him, and his money is no longer holding this team back from making other moves.

This is a transition year...let Tyrod have one more year under the new staff while they see what they have and figure out where to go. I don't think any excuses will save Taylor this time around.

Well our CoT'ers outdid the bbmb CoT'ers. Ours stated he would double his salary elsewhere, and we would be doing him a favor if we released him. He he he

Between that and them wanting to carry his new team to the playoffs, many laughs were had.

Oh, we had a few of those there, too. 50 mil guaranteed and 20+ mil per year if he was to hit the market.

HappyDays refused my bet that he'd make less, and DoyouseewhathappensLarry owes 50 to my charity.

I couldn't care less now that he took his paycut and is now defined as a stopgap until the next guy gets a shot...whoever that may be.

This team is no longer tied to him, and his money is no longer holding this team back from making other moves.

This is a transition year...let Tyrod have one more year under the new staff while they see what they have and figure out where to go. I don't think any excuses will save Taylor this time around.

Oh, we had a few of those there, too. 50 mil guaranteed and 20+ mil per year if he was to hit the market.

HappyDays refused my bet that he'd make less, and DoyouseewhathappensLarry owes 50 to my charity.

I wouldn't give you a wooden nickel.

Are the Bills Tyrod haters for deciding that Tyrod didn't play well enough to get the contract option picked up? They saw that he wasn't good enough. Only Tyrod taking a massive paycut kept him here.

Of course the Bills are not haters. They are willing to pay him $30m plus incentives over the next 2 seasons. Sounds like they kinda like him or otherwise they could have found another veteran out there to play for $5m per season.

Again, if you think Tyrod is bad then you must not be optimistic about our HC. McDermott hired an OC who really likes Tyrod and there has been a complete analysis of Tyrod done by this coaching staff. They believe they can win with him and i am siding with the professionals on this one.

Of course the Bills are not haters. They are willing to pay him $30m plus incentives over the next 2 seasons. Sounds like they kinda like him or otherwise they could have found another veteran out there to play for $5m per season.

Again, if you think Tyrod is bad then you must not be optimistic about our HC. McDermott hired an OC who really likes Tyrod and there has been a complete analysis of Tyrod done by this coaching staff. They believe they can win with him and i am siding with the professionals on this one.

I have already said that this is a red flag on McDermott. I want a coach that thinks about more than the next year and the more power McD gets the more shortsighted I expect the Bills to be.

That the Broncos wanted a guy a year ago at a moment when Denver had one QB on the roster and a different head coach ... very very clearly does not prove that the same team wants the same guy later with a different head coach and two very young promising QBs already on the roster. Especially at a time when they would have to pay about eight or ten times more than they were looking at back then.

When the rumor circulated that Elway had called last year in April, Denver had one QB on the roster, Siemian, who at the time had thrown zero NFL passes. Further, Tyrod had not yet signed his very expensive August 2016 contract extension and so was available for another year for a million or two.

And that doesn't even mention Tyrod's regression this last year.

There's no proof, but it's very likely that Denver indeed did not want Tyrod this off season. That train left the station when they drafted Lynch and Siemian played OK. There's been no mention of it this year and in fact sources said specifically that the Broncos were not one of the teams interested in Tyrod this year, those three being the Browns, 49ers and Jets.

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2017/03/02/nfl-news-three-teams-tyrod-taylor-denver-broncos-not-among-them/

So yeah, I guess we can indeed make stuff up to fit agendas.

I used to wanna date this girl a while back. These days looking at her, I can't imagine what I was thinking. Things change. Assuming for no reason and with no evidence that they haven't is imprecise thinking.

Oh, and as for the Broncos fans, there was a recent poll as to who should be the Broncos QB this year here, on a site with a ton of Broncos-related polls:

https://apester.com/channels/5793d9cf58871208530731eb?src=channel

There were 23,000 voters. Two percent said Tyrod. Two percent! You can probably find two percent of Bills fans who still want Manuel.

I'm confused... where's this poll?

I see a direct question of "should the Broncos target Tyrod Taylor in 2017."

https://apester.com/media/58630ca34f601b092922329b

76% said yes and 15% said no.

What's happened Thurm? You used to be so adamantly neutral about everything. Now your bias is blurring your vision.

The last poll taken before the shutdown had a large majority of Bills fans in favor of Tyrod Taylor staying in Buffalo and it wasn't even close.

Like TBD a small minority of Taylor detractors were so vocal it would be very easy to be mislead when veiwing the board.

Everyone has an opinion,

some opinions are just louder then others...

There are definitely people here that genuinely dislike each other.

Myself personally,

I try to read and respond to everyones post like its a clean slate discussion. No hard feelings, just taking each post on its own merit.

It works well...

They also gave themselves the option to get out from under him at little to no cost.

And you have no idea what they think of Tyrod. It could be that he was seen as the best option for next season due to the weak crop of QB'S available in free agency and the draft. He's familiar with the players and he doesn't turn the ball over. He makes sense in that regard...to suggest they believe they can win with him is debatable.

Everything that has transpired leads me to believe that there just wasn't much else out there at a better price, and that they could do worse than keep a guy who's got a familiarity with the team at a discounted price.

If they truly felt strongly about him, I don't think he would have had to settle for less money and less years on a reworked deal. JMO