Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Transplant doesn't know what coach speak is, apparently.

Actions speak louder than words, however, so yes...that restructure says a whole lot more than a coach endorsing the guy who will be their QB this upcoming season.

Well, if actions speak louder than words, then a brand new Head Coach who pretty clearly was given the opportunity to "trim the fat" on the roster (as he was actually, according to himself, given significant roster control) and the chance (dare I say the encouragement from Whaley) to go get "his guy" at the most important position on the field, and he chose Taylor.

For a coach who wants to win now, you're right, that action speaks volumes...

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, what is your explanation for TT taking a paycut?

According to Taylor, he passively and briefly examined options with other teams but really likes Buffalo and wanted to stay and to win in Buffalo and understands the Cap restrictions on the team this offseason along with the number of UFAs at key positions the team would be losing and saw a way to help his team win, which would also help him win. Actually he mentioned helping the team financially more than once, if I recall correctly.

Paraphrasing of course, but that's pretty much what Taylor said...

According to Taylor, he passively and briefly examined options with other teams but really likes Buffalo and wanted to stay and to win in Buffalo and understands the Cap restrictions on the team this offseason along with the number of UFAs at key positions the team would be losing and saw a way to help his team win, which would also help him win. Actually he mentioned helping the team financially more than once, if I recall correctly.

Sounds about right,

Cal Ripken, Dirk Nowitzky, Tyrod Taylor. Nice.

Just like BBMB, twisting words and the same 3 or 4 with millions of posts propping Tyrod up as a HOF franchise worthy QB while others have a different opinion of him just wanting to join the conversation to add their 2 cents. Just a opinion man, everyone has one.

Factually wrong opinion...

Well, if actions speak louder than words, then a brand new Head Coach who pretty clearly was given the opportunity to "trim the fat" on the roster (as he was actually, according to himself, given significant roster control) and the chance (dare I say the encouragement from Whaley) to go get "his guy" at the most important position on the field, and he chose Taylor.

For a coach who wants to win now, you're right, that action speaks volumes...

when you have a basket of 3 apples, one rotten, one unripe unripe and one just on the verge of getting mushy and there are no better options available which do you choose?

Its elementary.

It looke like he went with the money and a relatively sure spot at being the starter.

Well, it's pretty clear that Trolling is acceptably abundant on this board, so if you can't beat 'em... :flirt:

outsmart 'em.

I certainly would rather read about cover 1's analysis rather than some verbal lashing which contributes literally nothing to the topic.

This was back on page 9, I think, but the NNN's are persistent on making their voices heard over and over and over again. We get it. Taylor is the worst QB ever. Like in the history of man. There, are you three happy???

Kill thread.

Edited by r00tabaga

but McDermott believes he can grow with the West Coast-style offense being installed by new coordinator Rick Dennison that places emphasis on quarterback mobility.

"It really fits Tyrod getting him on the perimeter with the run game and ball-faking and bootlegs and so forth," McDermott said. "I believe in that system. I’ve gone against it and know how hard to defend in run and pass game. It's a great asset for us to have a guy of Tyrod’s skill-set under center for us."

I believe McDermott knows what he wants. I'd be happier when that belief becomes reality.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

That's great, in theory. Could the Bills afford Brees with the way the roster is currently constructed?

EDIT: Also, look at how the rosters are built in general.

2016 NO Pass Catchers: Cooks, Thomas, Snead, Fleener

2016 BUF Pass Catchers: Woods, Clay, Goodwin, Watkins

2016 NO RBs: Ingram, Hightower, Kuhn

2016 BUF RBs: Shady, Gillislee, JWill

Let's not forget this important comparative data-point:

2016 NO HC: Sean Payton

2016 BUF HC: Rex Ryan

Pretty silly to think a good qb wouldn't be able to win games with the top rushing attack setting him up on easy street.

Are you talking about Vick?

You understand that Vick was a massive part of that rushing attack, right?

And Vick's teams are actually a pretty good lesson in team building because when you look at just the Falcons when he was there, the 2 years the Defense was an above average defense were the 2 years they made the playoffs.

The years their Defense was below average or absolutely at the bottom of the league, as it was in 2003, no playoffs.

Football is a team sport. QBs are almost inevitably going to be magnified in one way or another according to team success.

Team wins = elevated perception of QB, even if ever-so-slightly

Team losses = diminished perception of QB, even if ever-so-slightly

And yet, the restructure sounds like a coach who needs to save $10M or he's gonna cut him loose.

Well you can speculate, that's fine and fun...

Did McDermott ever say if Taylor didn't take the pay cut, he would cut him loose?

Are you talking about Vick?

You understand that Vick was a massive part of that rushing attack, right?

And Vick's teams are actually a pretty good lesson in team building because when you look at just the Falcons when he was there, the 2 years the Defense was an above average defense were the 2 years they made the playoffs.

The years their Defense was below average or absolutely at the bottom of the league, as it was in 2003, no playoffs.

Football is a team sport. QBs are almost inevitably going to be magnified in one way or another according to team success.

Team wins = elevated perception of QB, even if ever-so-slightly

Team losses = diminished perception of QB, even if ever-so-slightly

Did McDermott ever say if Taylor didn't take the pay cut, he would cut him loose?

No and Vick sucked often minus 2-3 good seasons.

when you have a basket of 3 apples, one rotten, one unripe unripe and one just on the verge of getting mushy and there are no better options available which do you choose?

Its elementary.

No better options?

It was pretty obvious that Whaley wanted to move onto a new QB. He also has a history of being very willing to wheel and deal for players whether it's veterans (Kiko for McCoy) or in the draft (trading up for Sammy), so although what you say here is a way for you to diminish the choice of Taylor, it might actually be correct in the sense that McDermott looked at all of his options available in FA (Glennon, McCown, Hoyer, Cutler, Kaep, etc.), through trade (Romo, possibly others that end up being more of a stretch), or through draft in the 1st round (Khizer, Trubisky, Watson) and viewed Taylor more as a slightly unripened apple (I'm assuming he's the "on the verge of mushy" in your analogy) about to ripen in comparison to all those other options.

Getting Taylor to restructure and take less money was a fantastic move for the team. He stated on clean-out day that he would consider restructuring his contract, so it would have been foolish for Buffalo not to do it.

But there have been no words that prove all the conspiracy theories that are rolling around about Taylor and why we kept him and why he restructured.

No and Vick sucked often minus 2-3 good seasons.

Considering he only really played 7 full seasons and for more than half of them (2002, 2004, 2006, 2010) he was good, saying "he sucked often" just sounds dumb.

I actually have no problem believing that the truth lies somewhere in the middle of it all

- QB starting positions were limited

- Buffalo is where he had his success

- He probably was not offered from other teams what the original contract was made by Whaley

I just think its gonna be interesting if TT flourishes under Dennison's offense.......because i still think the bills should draft a QB.

No better options?

It was pretty obvious that Whaley wanted to move onto a new QB. He also has a history of being very willing to wheel and deal for players whether it's veterans (Kiko for McCoy) or in the draft (trading up for Sammy), so although what you say here is a way for you to diminish the choice of Taylor, it might actually be correct in the sense that McDermott looked at all of his options available in FA (Glennon, McCown, Hoyer, Cutler, Kaep, etc.), through trade (Romo, possibly others that end up being more of a stretch), or through draft in the 1st round (Khizer, Trubisky, Watson) and viewed Taylor more as a slightly unripened apple (I'm assuming he's the "on the verge of mushy" in your analogy) about to ripen in comparison to all those other options.

Getting Taylor to restructure and take less money was a fantastic move for the team. He stated on clean-out day that he would consider restructuring his contract, so it would have been foolish for Buffalo not to do it.

But there have been no words that prove all the conspiracy theories that are rolling around about Taylor and why we kept him and why he restructured.

Considering he only really played 7 full seasons and for more than half of them (2002, 2004, 2006, 2010) he was good, saying "he sucked often" just sounds dumb.

Okay Vick was awesome. I am dumb. 50% completion rate was the bees knees.

63-54 career record

14-14 Taylor is gonna have to step his game up to reach those wonderful numbers

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Okay Vick was awesome. I am dumb. 50% completion rate was the bees knees.

63-54 career record

14-14 Taylor is gonna have to step his game up to reach those numbers

Are you going to change your profile pic once Mitch is not drafted by the Bills?

I'm not being facetious.

Do you think if TT thought the Bills would pick up the option and pay him what he was owed, he takes a $10M pay cut?

No better options?

Occams razor.

The simplest answer. There are no better options beyond the draft.