Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

please don't be like that. It makes you one of them.

we all have a voice. Some of us have a flexible opinion. Some of are here to amuse themselves. even those, find a point once and again.

But when even you begin to dismiss some opinions, you diminish yourself.

We have idiots.

I might be one of them?

But so might you.

GO BILLS

Okay, forgive me if I'm mixed up on the definition of what a troll is, but when you say that "some are here to amuse themselves," and they're doing it in the manner that some on here are clearly doing it, is that not exactly what a troll is?

And of course I'm an idiot... at least, that's what my wife tells me all the time.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, forgive me if I'm mixed up on the definition of what a troll is, but when you say that "some are here to amuse themselves," and they're doing it in the manner that some on here are clearly doing it, is that not exactly what a troll is?

And of course I'm an idiot... at least, that's what my wife tells me all the time.

I am not sure what a troll is besides mythical creature.

We have all kinds of those here.

Wives are wise but some things do not need mentioning. My ex still calls me that, in the most affectionate way though.

tis true enough I suppose

I don't know what you're "ouch"ing.

Interceptions (or I should say, the lack of interceptions... really turnovers in general) is an incredibly important part of playing QB.

So is completion %.

So is TDs, passing or rushing.

So is yards, passing or rushing.

So is YPA, or YPC.

So is 3rd down % on passing plays.

So is...

You get my point. There are tons of facets of a QB's game that matter and not a single poster ever said that one was the only one that mattered, and that's the way some of you are talking. And it's very troll-like. And it's very sad.

I don't know why you quoted those posts and said this is going to be fun. I don't know what you think that actually says. You don't actually believe those posts by me are saying that INTs are the only QB stat that matter, do you?

I hope not.

If you do, seek help. Immediately.

Here, I'll simplify it for ya.

Wait...

So you're telling me that QBs are actually great because they throw interceptions?

You've set up the best example of a Straw Man fallacy here. No one is saying what you're arguing against

That's why I laughed. Hilarious. Definitely gonna be a fun one.

please don't be like that. It makes you one of them.

we all have a voice. Some of us have a flexible opinion. Some of are here to amuse themselves. even those, find a point once and again.

But when even you begin to dismiss some opinions, you diminish yourself.

We have idiots.

I might be one of them?

But so might you.

GO BILLS

nice post brother man

That makes it even better :lol:

:nana:

Live in your odd world where TD:INT ratio doesn't matter. That's fine. Just mull over top 5 vs. bottom 5 of TD:INT ratio for 2016 on QBs who threw at least 200 passes.

2016 top 5:

1) Brady

2) Prescott

3) Rodgers

4) Ryan

5) Carr

2016 bottom 5 of guys were Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Keenum, Osweiler.

But we should probably bring Fitzpatrick back because he throws lots of Interceptions. And according to you, Interceptions are good.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

4/28 playa. Let the dream begin !

I was able to get behind Levi Browns big arm for god sakes. Hah !

funny how many have come and gone in the last 20 + years but you mentioned Levi. I had some aspirations when they drafted him as well.

bad, bad, Levi Brown. another one that looked good in college, set some passing records with troy state but did not transition well at the next level.

as I said, they have come and gone. hopefully they make the right pick at QB whether this draft or next.

and hopefully TT can carry them until said drafted QB is ready to lead an NFL team?

time will tell.

I see the new folks are getting acquainted with Trolls and his Trump-like "alternative" facts. I think there are maybe 3 people in the world that agree with anything Trolls ever tries to post...Ryan Billz, Jeffismagic, and...well...I guess its only 2. lmao :beer:

nice post brother man

If only everyone veiwed all the diversity we have here at TBD this way.

nice post 3rd :thumbsup:

;)

I see the new folks are getting acquainted with Trolls and his Trump-like "alternative" facts. I think there are maybe 3 people in the world that agree with anything Trolls ever tries to post...Ryan Billz, Jeffismagic, and...well...I guess its only 2. lmao :beer:

contrarians gotta contrar /sar

transplant, if you don't know people troll the internet for their own amusement, then you are mistakenly unaware.

I've known hundreds of individuals since the net was born who purposely post inflammatory, off topic or extraneous posts on websites in an effort to stir up drama or post insults.

if this is true, then you wife is correct. ;)

INT's are frowned upon transplant, that is not the point people are trying to make.

I'd gladly accept 5 more INT's a season if it leads to 3 or more wins. Adding 3 W's to 2015 gets the Bills 12 wins and a WC spot. Add 3 W's to 2016 gets the Bills 10 wins and probably a WC spot. Hell, if the Bills had 9 wins going into week 17 the Bills would have played TT against the JETS.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

INT's are frowned upon transplant, that is not the point people are trying to make.

I'd gladly accept 5 more INT's a season if it leads to 3 or more wins.

If that's the point people are trying to make, it's not a very good one. In what scenario do 5 more interceptions a season equal 3 more wins? It doesn't make any sense. Just upping our pass attempts isn't going to lead to more wins if that's what you mean.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

4 teams in the top 10 and 4 teams in the bottom 10 made the playoffs. There is no correlation between more pass attempts and more wins, but there is a correlation between less turnovers and more wins. If the choice is between less pass attempts and less interceptions, or more pass attempts and more interceptions, there is no reason to choose the second option.

Edited by HappyDays

:nana:

Live in your odd world where TD:INT ratio doesn't matter. That's fine. Just mull over top 5 vs. bottom 5 of TD:INT ratio for 2016 on QBs who threw at least 200 passes.

2016 top 5:

1) Brady

2) Prescott

3) Rodgers

4) Ryan

5) Carr

2016 bottom 5 of guys were Barkley, Fitzpatrick, Goff, Keenum, Osweiler.

But we should probably bring Fitzpatrick back because he throws lots of Interceptions. And according to you, Interceptions are good.

You've set up the best example of a Straw Man fallacy here. No one is saying what you're arguing against.

:lol: :lol:

transplant, if you don't know people troll the internet for their own amusement, then you are mistakenly unaware.

I've known hundreds of individuals since the net was born who purposely post inflammatory, off topic or extraneous posts on websites in an effort to stir up drama or post insults.

if this is true, then you wife is correct. ;)

I'd gladly accept 5 more INT's a season if it leads to 3 or more wins. Adding 3 W's to 2015 gets the Bills 12 wins and a WC spot. Add 3 W's to 2016 gets the Bills 10 wins and probably a WC spot. Hell, if the Bills had 9 wins going into week 17 the Bills would have played TT against the JETS.

The only way that adding 5 more interceptions would lead to 3 more wins is if that qb threw for at least 10 more touchdown passes. And it would probably require more than 10 to offset the damage done by the 5 interceptions and still lead to 3 more victories.

The only way that adding 5 more interceptions would lead to 3 more wins is if that qb threw for at least 10 more touchdown passes. And it would probably require more than 10 to offset the damage done by the 5 interceptions and still lead to 3 more victories.

I never said it was an ideal situation, just that I would be more accepting of it if it lead to more victories.

I never said it was an ideal situation, just that I would be more accepting of it if it lead to more victories.

Unfortunately, our defense didn't generate enough takeaways to make that fantasy even plausible. We were 23rd in the league in takeaways and we had the 3rd fewest giveaways.

If that's the point people are trying to make, it's not a very good one. In what scenario do 5 more interceptions a season equal 3 more wins? It doesn't make any sense. Just upping our pass attempts isn't going to lead to more wins if that's what you mean.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/pass-attempts-per-game

4 teams in the top 10 and 4 teams in the bottom 10 made the playoffs. There is no correlation between more pass attempts and more wins, but there is a correlation between less turnovers and more wins. If the choice is between less pass attempts and less interceptions, or more pass attempts and more interceptions, there is no reason to choose the second option.

5 more INT's would equal an average of 1 INT per game. If that leads to a total of 3 more wins and a guaranteed playoff spot.

What is so hard to understand?

5 more INT's would equal an average of 1 INT per game. If that leads to a total of 3 more wins and a guaranteed playoff spot.

What is so hard to understand?

Because throwing more interceptions will lead to more losses. Throwing more interceptions has to be offset by positive results, like throwing 10+ mote td passes.

And since we need 3 more wins in your scenario we cannot just offset the interceptions but we have to have even more positive results from the qb in order for that qb to mitigate the added interceptions and add 3 more wins.

And there is no magic formula for this above scenario just trying to make sense of this argument.

Edited by racketmaster