Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Wouldn't that make him (Dalton) less reliant on his pass catchers?

I'm just saying there's a stark difference in Tyrod's stats when Sammy is playing compared to when he isn't, just like Dalton's stats dropped this year without Sanu, Jones, and Green for a bit.

I dont disagree but this entire thread has turned into a big steamin' pile of "ifs".

So take the Jaguars game. Sammy played, had a decent game, but Tyrod still looked like crap, and the only reason we won that game was because of Shadys crazy legs. Taylor had i think 150 yards passing that game. If Sammy had not played do you think that total would have actually gone down? Probably not.

My point is, is thats Taylor. Hes just not a good passer.

You take those two games, the Bengals game and the Jags game. Then look at the Steelers and Raiders game, and that pretty much tells us all we need to know about Taylor. Not good enough.

Edited by Lex Lyon

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The end result is a QB who scores the 3rd most TDs in the NFL taking the 31st defense to 7 wins and the other QB scoring the 19th most TD's in the NFL taking the 16th defense to 7 wins.

Unless you think that Brees scoring the 3rd most TD's hurt them.

Except that in 15 of our 16 games we were the 26th worst Defense...the week 4 shutout might as well had been a preseason game with No Brady and No Jimmy and a gimp Gronk that didn't play much other than a decoy...in fact it was a UDFA rookie in his 2nd game with a hurt hand. They almost started Edelman at QB.

So in 15 of our 16 games which is 94% of our season, our defense was atrocious. And if you factor in had Brady played week 4, considering they scored 41 on us a few weeks later, its pretty safe to say they likely score 30+ on us which would have put us at 28th in the NFL in points allowed...

So stop pretending we had a middle of the pack defense, its 100% categorically, statistically, factually, and completely wrong.

Brees has average 5000 yards per season over last 3 years...he has a worse win % than TT, never won more than 7 games, and never sniffed the playoffs.

And STOP comparing passing stats from a RUN First Offense to a PASS First offense in the first place, its beyond stupid.

PS: Brees, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, and Luck...over the last 3 seasons have combined to make the playoffs only THREE times out of 15 chances. Passing yards and TD's don't mean squat...You win in the NFL by scoring MORE points than your OPPONENT. Under TT, the Bills were third in the NFL in TD's scored, 5th in PPG, while the D spent 15 of our 16 games being one of the worst defenses in the NFL giving up over 25 points per game. So in other words, we were pretty good at scoring and pretty bad at keeping opponents from scoring.

AND PPS: Tyrod also had 6 rushing TD's, so you are wrong as always on your stats as he had 23 TDs in 15 games.

Edited by Alphadawg7

through more passing attempts/TD's as a result and the better feel a QB gets of WR tendencies in certain situations.

Nobody wants an INT , but when one gets thrown in certain situations the QB gains more knowledge about his WR and himself, and the same goes for a TD in my humble opinion. Some WR are going to track down the ball, others not so much.

You can't learn from mistakes unless you try.

First of all, talking interceptions without also talking TDs and attempts just doesn't work.

So, a QB who throws 600 passes and 40 TDs and throws 7 INTs is pretty obviously far superior to a QB like TT throwing just over 400 passes and 17 TDs and 6 INTs.

Saying "Matt Ryan threw more interceptions than Taylor" as though that somehow shoots down the argument that Interceptions matter a lot is naïve.

Sure, more passes are (likely) going to lead to more Interceptions, but it doesn't have to. And you don't want it to. It's TD:INT ratio that matters, not just some raw number of interceptions. You go back and the top 5 QBs in the NFL in that TD:INT ratio are consistently on playoff teams.

Why? More TDs and less INTs help your team.

Some of you guys are saying you want more interceptions when the reality is you just want a completely different style of play from Taylor. Fine, that's a different discussion, though, but I'll say that we've had that style of play recently from Fitzpatrick and I bet many of you were the same folks clamoring to get rid of him.

Except that in 15 of our 16 games we were the 26th worst Defense...the week 4 shutout might as well had been a preseason game with No Brady and No Jimmy and a gimp Gronk that didn't play much other than a decoy...in fact it was a UDFA rookie in his 2nd game with a hurt hand. They almost started Edelman at QB.

So in 15 of our 16 games which is 94% of our season, our defense was atrocious. And if you factor in had Brady played week 4, considering they scored 41 on us a few weeks later, its pretty safe to say they likely score 30+ on us which would have put us at 28th in the NFL in points allowed...

So stop pretending we had a middle of the pack defense, its 100% categorically, statistically, factually, and completely wrong.

Brees has average 5000 yards per season over last 3 years...he has a worse win % than TT, never won more than 7 games, and never sniffed the playoffs.

And STOP comparing passing stats from a RUN First Offense to a PASS First offense in the first place, its beyond stupid.

PS: Brees, Ryan, Rivers, Stafford, and Luck...over the last 3 seasons have combined to make the playoffs only THREE times out of 15 chances. Passing yards and TD's don't mean squat...You win in the NFL by scoring MORE points than your OPPONENT. Under TT, the Bills were third in the NFL in TD's scored, 5th in PPG, while the D spent 15 of our 16 games being one of the worst defenses in the NFL giving up over 25 points per game. So in other words, we were pretty good at scoring and pretty bad at keeping opponents from scoring.

AND PPS: Tyrod also had 6 rushing TD's, so you are wrong as always on your stats as he had 23 TDs in 15 games.

Did you eliminate the other 31 teams' games who played against a backup QB one week?

TT was 19th in total TD's. Brissett was drafted. Check your stats again, homie.

Edited by FireChan

C8HJzJvU0AAV3zB.jpg
Alex MarvezVerified account @alexmarvez
NFL meeting notebook: Cardinals' plan at QB, Tyrod Taylor's promise in Buffalo, more http://dlvr.it/NlmpWy
0 replies1 retweet0 likes
Retweet

seems coach sees something in TT that the adamant anti TT fans don't. but wait, this nearly 40 pages of back and forths says different?

whose word should I trust...?

"It really fits Tyrod getting him on the perimeter with the run game and ball-faking and bootlegs and so forth," McDermott said. "I believe in that system. I’ve gone against it and know how hard to defend in run and pass game. It's a great asset for us to have a guy of Tyrod’s skill-set under center for us."

I'll go with the coach...

But it's still about throwing significantly more TDs than INTs

Of course it is, and Taylors TD to INT ratio is very good.

Let me put it to you this way, If Taylor throws say 16 TD's and 4 INT's one season, a more experienced Taylor the next season scores 32 TD's and 11 INT's

Wouldn't you agree that despite the increase in INT's the 2nd season that the increase in points scored more then makes up for it?

seems coach sees something in TT that the adamant anti TT fans don't. but wait, this nearly 40 pages of back and forths says different?

"It really fits Tyrod getting him on the perimeter with the run game and ball-faking and bootlegs and so forth," McDermott said. "I believe in that system. I’ve gone against it and know how hard to defend in run and pass game. It's a great asset for us to have a guy of Tyrod’s skill-set under center for us."

I'll go with numbers.

"It really fits Tyrod getting him on the perimeter with the run game and ball-faking and bootlegs and so forth," McDermott said. "I believe in that system. Ive gone against it and know how hard to defend in run and pass game. It's a great asset for us to have a guy of Tyrods skill-set under center for us."

The same things were said fir Vick and Tebow. Just let them move around, run, and occasionally pass the football.

It's a gimmick offense designed to cover up a limited passer, and it's proven to not work.

...get the damn offense balanced and versatile......"run or done" won't cut it nor will leaning on his "wheels" to be the continual bailout.....if he cannot process the field by now going into year 7, seeing the speed of the game at this level, I doubt it will ever happen.....you're talking about altering "gray matter" and spending more $$$ on receiving corps (WR & TE) which makes NO sense when guys break off routes now because they doubt their QB will ever see 'em...Dennison has his work cut out for him.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

The same things were said fir Vick and Tebow. Just let them move around, run, and occasionally pass the football.

It's a gimmick offense designed to cover up a limited passer, and it's proven to not work.

until it proves not to work in the future under a new staff, I'll hold off from final judgement. I tend to be willing to see how things play out before anointing he or the system a failure, regardless of history.

Ask Favre and the Packers how that worked out for them in the playoffs vs Vick. Or Big Ben and the Steelers vs Tebow. Nice try but "proven to not work" is a little exaggerated....even for you noob.

Ask Favre and the Packers how that worked out for them in the playoffs vs Vick. Or Big Ben and the Steelers vs Tebow. Nice try but "proven to not work" is a little exaggerated....even for you noob.

Ah yes, those two Super Bowl champion QB's Tebow and Vick..

Ah yes, those two Super Bowl champion QB's Tebow and Vick..

You wouldn't sign up for two Buffalo playoff wins?!? You are not a real fan if you hate Tyrod that much. He hasnt raped anyone, got DWIs, hit his wife, got arrested, etc etc. He just doesn't throw for 300yds a game. Gotchya...now I at least know where you are coming from.

You wouldn't sign up for two Buffalo playoff wins?!? You are not a real fan if you hate Tyrod that much. He hasnt raped anyone, got DWIs, hit his wife, got arrested, etc etc. He just doesn't throw for 300yds a game. Gotchya...now I at least know where you are coming from.

I don't hate any Bills.

You do know that there have been 1000s of Bills who suck, right? Am I not a real fan if I think a guy who sucks sucks?

Edited by FireChan

Did you eliminate the other 31 teams' games who played against a backup QB one week?

TT was 19th in total TD's. Brissett was drafted. Check your stats again, homie.

Nothing you said changes anything I wrote. And who cares if TT was 19th in total TDs, Bills were THIRD in total TD's in Tyrods 15 starts going into week 17.

It isnt QB vs QB on Sundays, its NFL TEAM VS NFL TEAM. There are MORE than 1 player on the field scoring points for teams. We were the number 1 rushing attack in the NFL...so who the hell cares how we score, all that matters is we SCORE. And only 2 teams scored more touchdowns than TT led Bills...Falcons and Saints.

Edited by Alphadawg7

A more complex passing offense allows you to make more plays and put pressure on the defense into making tough decisions when it comes to coverage. Yes...it will sometimes lead you to more riskier throws that may be INT'S, but it also should allow you to get the ball into playmakers hands more, and you should be much better getting pass production...especially late in games where we seem to struggle mightily passing.

That's where I stand on that. It's a fine line to walk between taking chances and running a more elaborate passing attack, but I think we have been too simple and have hurt ourselves late in games due to this approach.

Is that approach due to Taylor and his limitations. From what I have seen and heard...I believe so.

Well, everyone desperate for a new system and "opening it up" for Taylor and hoping to see the O just "let him rip," it just sounds like McDermott isn't going to do that:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-owners-meeting-cardinals-tyrod-taylor-dontari-poe-roberto-aguayo/nle6x6l595sr1usd1f8ewqd5d

"He impressed me from Day 1," McDermott said. "After I got the job, he called me on the phone and met me at the facility on my first day. And then I had a front-row seat to watch Tyrod in the rehab process and observe his work ethic.

"You get around him, turn the tape on and the product on the field was outstanding."

Taylor’s passing attempts and yardage the past two seasons were well below average for an NFL starter. Taylor will never be Drew Brees in that regard, but McDermott believes he can grow with the West Coast-style offense being installed by new coordinator Rick Dennison that places emphasis on quarterback mobility.