Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT most certainly does

Just so people can understand I am not against the doubts....they are warranted.

What I AM against is making stuff up trying to hammer home a point. People really dont need to do that there is enough legit issues in TT's game that people dont need to do that

Tyrod does not throw behind wr's at least not tot he point where it is a actual problem.....every qb in the nfl has throws that will do this from time to time. Tyrod on the throws he DOES make is fairly accurate......he tends to throw high and he is late on his anticipation throws....that is a valid arguement....throwing "at wr's asses" is not.

They dont throw enough.....another valid arguement.

Just a different way of expressing his displeasure, thats all John

I don't always agree word for word with how someone may try to convey their point across,

On the other hand being authentic and true to who you are in real life I find attractive in a poster.

No AFL, I don't think your sexy...

Edited by Figster

....my bad....struggling to sink to your level.....

Actually.....when you throw horse doo doo against a wall to see if it sticks......you have no level

Why not just stick with the stuff that is true?

- He isnt a franchise guy

- He has problems throwing with anticipation, throws late, and at times throws the ball too high (very seldome does he throw it in the dirt which I find interesting.....who only high?)

- We might be pretty close to seeing his ceiling....he was not a good qb coming out of college but it looks like he worked his tail off to become a servicable mid level starter.

Despite all that......his QBR is high.....makes plays with his feet like no other qb in the league, and is a very good deep ball thrower.....his ability to scare defenses into forcing to contain him adds an exrraelement to the offense.

Edited by John from Hemet

Actually.....when you throw horse doo doo against a wall to see if it sticks......you have no level

- He has problems throwing with anticipation, throws late, and at times throws the ball too high (very seldome does he throw it in the dirt which I find interesting.....who only high?)

- We might be pretty close to seeing his ceiling....he was not a good qb coming out of college but it looks like he worked his tail off to become a servicable mid level starter.

Despite all that......his QBR is high.....makes plays with his feet like no other qb in the league, and is a very good deep ball thrower.....his ability to scare defenses into forcing to contain him adds an exrraelement to the offense.

I'd agree with all of that personally, except for one thing.

He was a very good deep ball thrower. He regressed a lot in that area last year. Which is the real Tyrod, the 2016 model or the 2015? But yeah, I admire his hard work and serious attitude. I like that he negotiated so he could come back to Buffalo rather than hit the open market. I like the guy. But we need a franchise QB. Soon.

The absolute best thing to happen would be if he somehow had his light come on and took a huge leap upwards. Man, I hope that happens, but I don't like the odds at all. And we need someone (as does every team that doesn't already have a franchise guy or one one the making.

Edited by Thurman#1

He was a very good deep ball thrower. He regressed a lot in that area last year. Which is the real Tyrod, the 2016 model or the 2015? But yeah, I admire his hard work and serious attitude. I like that he negotiated so he could come back to Buffalo rather than hit the open market. I like the guy. But we need a franchise QB. Soon.

The absolute best thing to happen would be if he somehow had his light come on and took a huge leap upwards. Man, I hope that happens, but I don't like the odds at all. And we need someone (as does every team that doesn't already have a franchise guy or one one the making.

This might come as a surprise to some, but Taylor's deep ball is really good when Sammy Watkins is on the field.

If Watkins is healthy, his deep ball will be fine.

You are one of the main haters.....why are you reversing yourself now?

You know when a player is hated? When you start bitching about the poster's that support the player.

John, it seems pretty clear to me that he doesn't hate Tyrod, he simply doesn't believe in him.

And no, bitching about posters sometimes makes a ton of sense and often has little to do with the player and a lot to do with the posters. You do it yourself with the posters you don't like.

if they show they can do it why not believe it can be done again?

This might come as a surprise to some, but Taylor's deep ball is really good when Sammy Watkins is on the field.

If Watkins is healthy, his deep ball will be fine.

If it were true - and it's not - that wouldn't be a good thing. Dependence on one guy isn't somehow OK ... just the opposite.

He missed a lot of open guys who weren't Sammy deep this year. He hit a lot of open guys who weren't Sammy deep last year.

Go ahead and believe if you like. Nothing wrong with positive thinking, it just often doesn't have to do with reality. It says more about the believer than the event. In real life, sometimes guys get worse. Other times they get better. The only way to know which is happening is to see what level people find.

Edited by Thurman#1

John, it seems pretty clear to me that he doesn't hate Tyrod, he simply doesn't believe in him.

And no, bitching about posters sometimes makes a ton of sense and often has little to do with the player and a lot to do with the posters. You do it yourself with the posters you don't like.

I will admit.....blatant lieing to prove a point does bring out the worst in me when it comes to other posters. I am not going to deny that.

If it were true - and it's not - that wouldn't be a good thing. Dependence on one guy isn't somehow OK ... just the opposite.

He missed a lot of open guys who weren't Sammy deep this year. He hit a lot of open guys who weren't Sammy deep last year.

Go ahead and believe if you like.

Go ahead and believe if you like.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

I'd be very curious to know what caused his accuracy issues in 2016. He was so good with his deep ball in 2015, and he was pretty damn accurate on the short/mid throws too.

Then in 2016 he seemed to struggle with his accuracy in general. He wasn't terrible or anything, but he did struggle at times and there was definitely a noticeable difference in his accuracy from 2015 to 2016.

Was 2015 just an anomaly and 2016 the real Tyrod? Or did something happen? Like David Lee messing with his mechanics/footwork/throwing motion (etc) too much for example. Or was it as simple as not getting to play in preseason (doubt it) and/or all the injuries to his receiving corps? Maybe it was something else completely, or a combination of things. I don't know.

This year should hopefully give us all some answers. It'll be everyone's first year in the system, so I expect some hiccups. But I think this season will give us a better idea of whether or not Tyrod has any type of future with his team. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, as he still is the best the Bills have had in quite a long time. But I also don't really expect him to be any type of long term solution either. I'd be very happy if he somehow turned out to be a franchise type guy. But I think the odds are pretty slim on that. I haven't completely ruled it out though, like some have.

I also agree that the Bills still have to address the QB position either this year or next. I'm not too high on this draft that I'd take any of these QBs at #10, but I think there's some worth taking a shot on in the 2nd or later. But I also won't be mad if McDermott isn't in any rush to draft a QB in the first few rounds (or at all) in his first year as a new HC and wants to get to know his roster/team/coaches (etc) better first.

Go ahead and believe if you like. Nothing wrong with positive thinking, it just often doesn't have to do with reality. It says more about the believer than the event. In real life, sometimes guys get worse. Other times they get better. The only way to know which is happening is to see what level people find.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

Not at all, friend. Unlikely beliefs have kept many a person warm at night. And this isn't an impossible belief by any means. Just a fairly unlikely one.

Good luck with it

Edited by Thurman#1

TT most certainly does

Just so people can understand I am not against the doubts....they are warranted.

What I AM against is making stuff up trying to hammer home a point. People really dont need to do that there is enough legit issues in TT's game that people dont need to do that

Tyrod does not throw behind wr's at least not tot he point where it is a actual problem.....every qb in the nfl has throws that will do this from time to time. Tyrod on the throws he DOES make is fairly accurate......he tends to throw high and he is late on his anticipation throws....that is a valid arguement....throwing "at wr's asses" is not.

They dont throw enough.....another valid arguement.

John,

Take some sage advice. Ignore the Taylor Trolls.

or Tyrod Trolls whichever you prefer

Despite all that, he needs to be a more effective passing game.

I'd be very curious to know what caused his accuracy issues in 2016. He was so good with his deep ball in 2015, and he was pretty damn accurate on the short/mid throws too.

Then in 2016 he seemed to struggle with his accuracy in general. He wasn't terrible or anything, but he did struggle at times and there was definitely a noticeable difference in his accuracy from 2015 to 2016.

Was 2015 just an anomaly and 2016 the real Tyrod? Or did something happen? Like David Lee messing with his mechanics/footwork/throwing motion (etc) too much for example. Or was it as simple as not getting to play in preseason (doubt it) and/or all the injuries to his receiving corps? Maybe it was something else completely, or a combination of things. I don't know.

This year should hopefully give us all some answers. It'll be everyone's first year in the system, so I expect some hiccups. But I think this season will give us a better idea of whether or not Tyrod has any type of future with his team. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, as he still is the best the Bills have had in quite a long time. But I also don't really expect him to be any type of long term solution either. I'd be very happy if he somehow turned out to be a franchise type guy. But I think the odds are pretty slim on that. I haven't completely ruled it out though, like some have.

I also agree that the Bills still have to address the QB position either this year or next. I'm not too high on this draft that I'd take any of these QBs at #10, but I think there's some worth taking a shot on in the 2nd or later. But I also won't be mad if McDermott isn't in any rush to draft a QB in the first few rounds (or at all) in his first year as a new HC and wants to get to know his roster/team/coaches (etc) better first.

I really don't think it was anything more than d coordinators had a full years worth of film on him. Baltimore saying make him play QB was the blueprint.

I really don't think it was anything more than d coordinators had a full years worth of film on him. Baltimore saying make him play QB was the blueprint.

So sending the architect of the O from the 1st season packing two weeks into the 2nd season had nothing to do with it?

Now we have an O deemed faulty with an inexperienced coach still working out of the same playbook.

Keep in mind the original plan was a run heavy philosophy that never changed averaging the lowest amount of passing attempts in the league.

Does any of this sound like the recipe for success going into your second season as starting QB in the NFL?

It doesn't to me...

Edited by Figster

So sending the architect of the O from the 1st season packing two weeks into the 2nd season had nothing to do with it?

So now we have an O deemed faulty with an inexperienced coach still working out of the same playbook.

Keep in mind the original plan was a run heavy philosophy that never changed averaging the lowest amount of passing attempts in the league.

Does any of this sound like the recipe for success going into your second season as starting QB in the NFL?

It doesn't to me...

Oh my gosh...