Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Faulty design to begin with, but we already know that right?

You want better result? use a proven system

What?

So even though the offense by and large was better after Roman got canned, it was the reason TT got worse?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

So even though the offense by and large was better after Roman got canned, it was the reason TT got worse?

better how?

Tell me how the O gets better, but T T gets worse.

Edited by Figster

better how?

Tell me how the O gets better, but T T gets worse.

Scored more. Rushed more. Ran more plays per drive. Scored more points per drive. Had more yards per drive. Had more time per drive. Had less 3 and outs. Had a higher score percentage.

TT sucked. His individual stats all went down. Everyone else played great.

Edited by FireChan

Scored more. Rushed more. Ran more plays per drive. Scored more points per drive. Had more yards per drive. Had more time per drive. Had less 3 and outs. Had a higher score percentage.

TT sucked. His individual stats all went down. Everyone else played great.

In comparison to what? the first two games? after Rex gave the starters minimal reps through preseason?

If your saying the O looked better under Lynn 2nd season then G Roman 1st season, I respectfully disagree

Do you think all of your 1st comment happens without Taylor managing the game properly?

In comparison to what? the first two games? after Rex gave the starters minimal reps through preseason?

If your saying the O looked better under Lynn 2nd season then G Roman 1st season, I respectfully disagree

Do you think all of your 1st comment happens without Taylor managing the game properly?

All of the stats I just listed were 2016 compared to 2015. You're welcome to disagree but the numbers almost across the board and the eye test disagree with you.

TT did enough to not tank the offense. But he still played worse than in 2015.

Edited by FireChan

All of the stats I just listed were 2016 compared to 2015. You're welcome to disagree but the numbers almost across the board and the eye test disagree with you.

TT did enough to not tank the offense. But he still played worse than in 2015.

Thanks for explaining

So what your saying then is the O overall made improvments season 2 despite the early season coaching change.

I can live with that...

Time in a system should improve a teams performance. The problem was Roman's play book was too complicated and predictable.

FWI - The points scored only improved by 2.86 points between 2015 and 2016.

2015 TT played in 14 games and the "team" scored an average of 23.07 points per game.

>> For all 16 games the "team" scored an average of 23.44 points per game.

2016 TT played in 15 games and the "team" scored an average points per game of 25.93 points per game.

Time in a system should improve a teams performance. The problem was Roman's play book was too complicated and predictable.

FWI - The points scored only improved by 2.86 points between 2015 and 2016.

2015 TT played in 14 games and the "team" scored an average of 23.07 points per game.

>> For all 16 games the "team" scored an average of 23.44 points per game.

2016 TT played in 15 games and the "team" scored an average points per game of 25.93 points per game.

Almost 3 points per game average increase might have been significant enough to get you into the playoffs with a better D.

Edited by Figster

How about when you claim "we need WR's who don't drop balls that hit them in the numbers?"

It's really not a stretch. Our WRs were underwhelming in a lot of ways, including dropping very easy NFL catches.

In the Steelers game alone, Woods and Sammy dropped what should have been 3rd down conversions, but were instead drive killing drops on 2 separate drives in the 1st half. Sammy's was ruled a catch but challenged because it was clearly the incorrect call... and even Sammy knew as he went back to the huddle shaking his head.

Clay also dropped a pass that was tipped slightly at the line, but ended up right in his hands and should have been a catch.

All 3 of those passes were the types of passes John was referring to.

I have still images of all 3 of those dropped passes if you want to describe how to upload JPEGs off my computer, otherwise, you can go check yourself or just take my word for it.

It's really not a stretch. Our WRs were underwhelming in a lot of ways, including dropping very easy NFL catches.

In the Steelers game alone, Woods and Sammy dropped what should have been 3rd down conversions, but were instead drive killing drops on 2 separate drives in the 1st half. Sammy's was ruled a catch but challenged because it was clearly the incorrect call... and even Sammy knew as he went back to the huddle shaking his head.

Clay also dropped a pass that was tipped slightly at the line, but ended up right in his hands and should have been a catch.

All 3 of those passes were the types of passes John was referring to.

I have still images of all 3 of those dropped passes if you want to describe how to upload JPEGs off my computer, otherwise, you can go check yourself or just take my word for it.

Your argument would hold more water if "drive killing drops" didn't happen all the time to every team in the NFL.

TT had 11 dropped passes in 15 games in 2016. Good for 25th in the league grossly. By drop percentage, he had the 11th lowest in the NFL counting QB's with over 300 attempts.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/dropped-passes-by-quarterback/2016/

It's a hard argument to swallow that our WR's were underwhelming in the drop category with the numbers above. Especially when you consider TT's accuracy issues.

Go ahead and believe if you like. Nothing wrong with positive thinking, it just often doesn't have to do with reality. It says more about the believer than the event. In real life, sometimes guys get worse. Other times they get better. The only way to know which is happening is to see what level people find.

Loosely translated:

"I, Thurman#1, am one of those level people. You, John, and those like you who believe Taylor could improve can go on believing what you like, but we 'level-people' are justified in belittling you and your delusional opinions while you can't touch my opinion, because I'm almost certainly right, as I nearly always am."

Your argument would hold more water if "drive killing drops" didn't happen all the time to every team in the NFL.

TT had 11 dropped passes in 15 games in 2016. Good for 25th in the league grossly. By drop percentage, he had the 11th lowest in the NFL counting QB's with over 300 attempts.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/dropped-passes-by-quarterback/2016/

It's a hard argument to swallow that our WR's were underwhelming in the drop category with the numbers above. Especially when you consider TT's accuracy issues.

We also throw a lot less