Any way you slice it Kaepernick represents good value

I'd prefer to have someone with some upside at backup. We've already seen the best of what Kaepernick can be, he has lost like half his muscle since that time and is just not the QB anymore

Exactly for a team that needs a starting QB you don't go out and get bad QBs that you already know won't win you anything. Edited by Beef Jerky

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if he weren't a piece of garbage I still wouldn't want him. He's not the future and if Taylor goes down I'd rather see what Jones can do. If he's that much of a downgrade from Kaepernick it's best that we learn that as it will tell us a lot about our QB situation as well as the guy making the picks.

Even if he weren't a piece of garbage I still wouldn't want him. He's not the future and if Taylor goes down I'd rather see what Jones can do. If he's that much of a downgrade from Kaepernick it's best that we learn that as it will tell us a lot about our QB situation as well as the guy making the picks.

No, you see, because Jones doesn't wipe his azz with the American flag, he's not as good an option as the guy who does

Love his politics and his willingness to actually take a stand.. love the fact he takes a knee why this country circles the drain. Takes balls to do that and deal with the ridicule.So much easier to stand up and just go along as not to offend anyone... Got to love the faux patriotism most pretend to display

he sucks as a QB though

I don't think Kaepernick is not getting a job because of racism. Who knows but more likely is Kapernick isn't that good. He'll get a backup offer at some point is my guess.

I don't think so either. He isn't that good on the field, and his baggage may be more distracting than it's worth . He will likely get a shot to compete somewhere after the draft. More media nonsense being stirred up about nothing right now.

Love his politics and his willingness to actually take a stand.. love the fact he takes a knee why this country circles the drain. Takes balls to do that and deal with the ridicule.So much easier to stand up and just go along as not to offend anyone... Got to love the faux patriotism most pretend to display

he sucks as a QB though

So it's great to offend people and disrespect the flag and country because everything about America isn't perfect. Yeah, that takes a lot of balls. He sucks as a QB and an individual.

I don't think so either. He isn't that good on the field, and his baggage may be more distracting than it's worth . He will likely get a shot to compete somewhere after the draft. More media nonsense being stirred up about nothing right now.

So it's great to offend people and disrespect the flag and country because everything about America isn't perfect. Yeah, that takes a lot of balls. He sucks as a QB and an individual.

I found Rex's introduction of Trump at a public rally to be far more offensive to my own sensibilities than anything Kaepernick ever did, but I remained a ridiculously hardcore Bills fan despite it. I suspect his Bills fan critics would do the same if CK became a backup QB here -- which, for the record, will never happen (just to be clear). It's not like he essentially molested a woman in public with a golf club, like our Pro Bowl guard ...

he sucks as a QB though

he is going to be standing this year. You know, because his opinion doesn't make him any money...

No, you see, because Jones doesn't wipe his azz with the American flag, he's not as good an option as the guy who does

I think we've uncovered the issue here. And Kaepernick never actually did what you're saying. Those facts just keep getting in the way. They're disappointing, aren't they?

I'm not offended in the least. Maybe people need thicker skin

I think we've uncovered the issue here. And Kaepernick never actually did what you're saying. Those facts just keep getting in the way. They're disappointing, aren't they?

kaepernick did a whole of stupid. Dismissing that as stupid is an easy out. The pig socks all the way to the transparency of sending food to Syria as a PR gimmick... the guy has been classless and stupid. Who hasn't don't dumb **** in their younger years? He only continued to make it worse and not educate himself on the subject matter.

I found Rex's introduction of Trump at a public rally to be far more offensive to my own sensibilities than anything Kaepernick ever did, but I remained a ridiculously hardcore Bills fan despite it. I suspect his Bills fan critics would do the same if CK became a backup QB here -- which, for the record, will never happen (just to be clear). It's not like he essentially molested a woman in public with a golf club, like our Pro Bowl guard ...

So disrespecting the flag and country and everything it stands for is less offensive to you than introducing a person at a gathering or some isolated incident with a single individual ? How on earth did you manage to stay a Bills fan in the face of such outrageous actions?

I'm not offended in the least. Maybe people need thicker skin

Or just need to look the other way, because you know it's not PC to call anyone out.

So disrespecting the flag and country and everything it stands for is less offensive to you than introducing a person at a gathering or some isolated incident with a single individual ? How on earth did you manage to stay a Bills fan in the face of such outrageous actions?

What's more disrespectful to the flag? Not standing for the anthem, or telling someone they should stand if they don't agree? I think the latter is highly disrespectful

metaphors not big in your native language? would explain a lot

What's more disrespectful to the flag? Not standing for the anthem, or telling someone they should stand if they don't agree? I think the latter is highly disrespectful

Oh, so as long as dissent is anti-american, it's actually pro-flag. I think im going to need a score card to keep track of all this sadbrained excuse making

metaphors not big in your native language? would explain a lot

Oh, so as long as dissent is anti-american, it's actually pro-flag. I think im going to need a score card to keep track of all this sadbrained excuse making

I think you have a reading comprehension issue

Or just need to look the other way, because you know it's not PC to call anyone out.

I feel *very* strongly about Ryan's act, but we're never going to agree on politics, and -- frankly -- I've said too much already. On to football.

my god i am embarrassed for most of ya'll. such vitriol for a backup qb that means nothing that hasn't been discussed 1,000 times and got ugly before. whats going to change now except new members are going to be sucked in to it? kaepernick threads are worse than him starting at qb.

jesus, just sad that we can't learn this for the 1,000 thread.

Boyst, you've clearly forgotten where you are. This is TBD, off-season home to the Groundhog Day Threads Machine. If it ain't been re-threaded a 1000 times, it ain't resolved.

If they don't agree with what? The concept of honoring America ( or whatever country they are in) by standing for the anthem? Then why are they here would be my first question. Go to another country and attend an event where that nations anthem is played. Remain seated when all others are standing. How would that not be disrespectful? If you don't wish to honor your country because everything isn't perfect all the time then you may have a hard time being happy anywhere.

do any of you want to see his head which looks like a giant ball-fro on our sideline ever again??? I sure dont.

Constantly pointing out kaps hair (which you basically liken to the alien dread locks in the movie predator) is highly distasteful and makes it seem like he's not a human to be taken seriously because his hair isn't straight or styled in a fashion familiar to you. For the record I'm mixed and have a curly Afro, unfortunately my hair is too thick to gel up and style shame on me.

Constantly pointing out kaps hair (which you basically liken to the alien dread locks in the movie predator) is highly distasteful and makes it seem like he's not a human to be taken seriously because his hair isn't straight or styled in a fashion familiar to you. For the record I'm mixed and have a curly Afro, unfortunately my hair is too thick to gel up and style shame on me.

"Didn't mean to deceive you, believe me,

But sometimes the hardest part is conceiving.

The good intentions that you had

Now only came to this

And although we saw the mark

The arrow missed" - Wide Eyed 182

Unfortunately this topic unavoidably ends up racially or politically charged.

Plain and simple, do you trust Cardale as our back up?

If not then it would be wise to find a QB that doesn't require our offensive staff to change the game plan.

In a vacuum Kaepernick checks those boxes.

I'd personally rather not sign the guy because he is now a detriment to a teams unity. Fair or not, you perform actions like he did in front of thousands in attendance, millions watching on TV.. you open yourself up to criticism inside the locker room and across media platforms. We don't need distractions for a back up QB and that's likely what the majority of teams are thinking.

I didn't stand for the anthem that day vs the 49ers. No one said anything presumably because people are cowards and would rather pile on someone not in front of them with a USA chant.

Closet bigotry aside I would rather use kap as a backup than Jones. Idk I can't see Caesar winning a game went duty calls.

*cardale

If they don't agree with what? The concept of honoring America ( or whatever country they are in) by standing for the anthem? Then why are they here would be my first question. Go to another country and attend an event where that nations anthem is played. Remain seated when all others are standing. How would that not be disrespectful? If you don't wish to honor your country because everything isn't perfect all the time then you may have a hard time being happy anywhere.

And they don't have to be happy. Some people feel the need to use that to get a message out. It may bother some and they have a right to speak out on that too. But the right to protest is part of our freedom. As a previous post said, on to football :D

The only value he provides is to show your kids nlwho to not emulate when they grow up.

I really hope parents find more meaningful role models for their children to idolize. There are a lot of NFL players who are not worth the breath we use to talk about them. I'd imagine most of Steeler nation has young fans rocking Rapistbergers jersey. Just a comparison for perspective.

From the sound of it half this board would stroke out if their daughter married black man.

it sounds like some people clutch their pearls and have to find a fainting couch when anyone expresses an opinion to the right of rachael maddow. I don't care at all that Kaep is black or half black or whatever category he puts himself into for maximum victim status. The antics around the anthem were one thing, then when his SJW GF egged him on further, he wore those damned pig socks. He really shouldn't be surprised when his disrespect is met in kind by the people who buy tickets to the games. Leave it to limousine liberals to add race to the equation though, nice work. If the bills sign him, maybe you can buy the thousands of unsold seats that will result.

Edited by dorquemada

From the sound of it half this board would stroke out if there daughter married black man.

I wouldn't overgeneralize it. We as Americans are fortunate to have such a diverse population. However, depending on where you live in the US, your point of view can be very different. I am from NY, I am from upstate NY, I am from Ithaca. Now changing that to even surrounding areas like Cortland or Watkins Glen can change the scope from which we were educated and raised. Biases exist everywhere. So I've really tried to sift through the petty BS comments in threads like this. Some of my favorite posters are also people who think differently. We have to remind ourselves constantly that with so many alternative opinions, there is no clear cut right or wrong. Doing that helps soothe aggravation brought on by our OPINIONS and the OPINIONS of others.

Yet we have 1 thing in common here...

Go Bills!

it sounds like some people clutch their pearls and have to find a fainting couch when anyone expresses an opinion to the right of rachael maddow. I don't care at all that Kaep is black or half black or whatever category he puts himself into for maximum victim status. The antics around the anthem were one thing, then when his SJW GF egged him on further, he wore those damned pig socks. He really shouldn't be surprised when his disrespect is met in kind by the people who buy tickets to the games. Leave it to limousine liberals to add race to the equation though, nice work. If the bills sign him, maybe you can buy the thousands of unsold seats that will result.

If 17 years out of the playoffs doesn't empty a stadium.. I'd have to believe Kaps addition wouldn't either.

I would rather have a late rd rookie over Kaepernick or Jones. I would be fine with Webb or Kelly as the backup. This team is not going to contend for a playoff spot this coming year, we don't have the talent in the secondary or at WR to contend. Taylor also cannot carry this team offensively, this should've been a two year rebuild where we take a shot at a QB in 2018 then push for the playoffs in 2019 and 2020.

This really feels like 8-8 forever, our HC has hitched his trailer to Taylor and will probably be gone in two years because of it.

The backup QB for this team is inconsequential, we have solid starters and zero depth. The only position we are set at is RB, the least valuable position in the NFL. Every other team in the NFL is taking advantage of the rules that make passing the football virtually unstoppable.

I get it your not racist just a conservative who has no compassion for anyone but your own ilk. But this isn't a comment section on brietbart. Kap would be a good backup if on a cheap deal. But we can't because "thousands" of people who share your thoughts wouldn't show up to a single game because an Afro yielding liberal is holding the clipboard?

I think fans are politicizing the game as much as he is by giving it so much attention.

True. How many of the people saying he sucks know he threw 16 TDs and 4 ints and ran for 400+ yards in 11 games last year?

He had 2 bad coaches the last 2 years too. Anyone remember Tomsula?

A few people above have been discussing this, actually. The numbers look good on paper, but there's a fair amount out there now about how his numbers were garbage-time inflated.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/12/silence-surrounds-colin-kaepernicks-free-agency/

'On-field problems are probably the bigger problem. Although Kaepernick’s raw passing stats (16 touchdowns and four interceptions last season) don’t look bad, the reality is he played poorly and compiled his numbers mostly while trailing in the second half for the 2-14 49ers. More advanced statistics used by Football Outsiders and ESPN both rank Kaepernick 30th among NFL passers last season.'

As I said above, you want a guy who gives you a reasonable change to get you to 2-2 over a four game stretch. Matt Moore is the platonic ideal, and I see CK as 1-3 guy. He's hardly the worst backup option, though--it's pretty clear from current NFL rosters that solid backups aren't that easy to come by.

Ej>Kaep

This simply isn't true. I'd take CK 30 times out of 30 over Manuel. Manuel is terrible, although he may actually be better than Connor Cook (who looks terrible).

True. How many of the people saying he sucks know he threw 16 TDs and 4 ints and ran for 400+ yards in 11 games last year?

He had 2 bad coaches the last 2 years too. Anyone remember Tomsula?

context...

Dude was behind and throwing in all of the games and he still only averaged 186 yards a game? That's terrible. That means when the game was still close, the offense was doing nothing. Easy to look good when dudes are giving 10 yard cushions to not get beat over the top playing with big leads...

Edited by matter2003

context...

Dude was behind and throwing in all of the games and he still only averaged 186 yards a game? That's terrible. That means when the game was still close, the offense was doing nothing. Easy to look good when dudes are giving 10 yard cushions to not get beat over the top playing with big leads...

Point taken, but if he's a two or three on the depth chart, this is acceptable

I have personally seen racial biased happen too many times to disregard it as not factual.

ty for your cordial reply. we need to have these important discussions and i personally think we should have them when they pop up like this

its definitely real and it definitely happens. lets continue to look for it and go get it when we find it

i just strongly believe that its not nearly as widespread as the baiters make it. we have serious problems with even the basic definition of racism and then we take that broken definition and apply it to far too many situations

this effectively CREATES RACISM OUT OF THIN AIR. it also devalues real racism and makes it harder to go get that properly

prejudice of course go both ways and ive seen it all. but we generally only focus on the whiteness when in fact blackness can be very good at pinning things unfairly on whatever they consider part of whiteness, which includes the police

just bc we find a precinct here and there that we have to address to get them away from racist patterns doesnt mean we get to broadbrush it across all or most police

that broadbrushing is exactly the same technique racists use. ive termed that form of racism 'neo-racism'

that contingent within our blackness and the enabling whiteness want to tell us we have a systemic problem when in reality it exists only in pockets. those are two totally different levels of a problem, and the baiters intentionally inflate its occurrence, probably by a factor of at least ten

so again, we definitely have real racism problems but they are not nearly as big as the baiters want to make us believe. that doesnt help us as much as it hurts us

You see its not just shootings, its an entire racial prejudice in our entire judicial system.

i have been keeping an eye on the judicial system for many decades and i saw studies from just a couple years ago that indicated a widespread effort to eliminate bias in arrests and convictions has eliminated most of that specific bias

unfortunately i dont have that link right now but we can probably find it. and this observation has been made in other books that i have read

again, wherever we find it we should continue to go after it, but to use it as a justification for the broadbushing of whiteness and the police appears unjustified

the difficult fact to accept is that as a percentage of population we have a far greater problem of racism within our blackness. but since whiteness is so much bigger in terms of population, its easier to see white racism

a lot of our current problems really trace back to our blackness and the erroneous perspectives that are so common there. weve allowed a somewhat warped perspective of black oppression to dominate our thoughts when really we have a different set of problems right now

Edited by Meathead

That's a bad comparison. No one would give a soft **** if Kaepernick stumped for Obama, Hillary, or whoever. This isn't about politics per se. It's about a simple minded scumbag who gave the proverbial finger to the country at large and most of us gave it back to him.

I have friends that vote Democrat that have no more use for that piece of **** than I do.