Justin Hunter Gone

RyanC883

Sorry for the snarky response

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

taking a qb at 10 would not be taking best player available

there are no LB's worthy of the 10th pick

Yolo...that was my first thought as well

I agree with the majority of this, except that there isn't a aLB worth taking at 10. We'd be lucky to have Foster fall into our laps

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod Taylor fans upon hearing that he signed a renegotiated contract with the Bills…

“Happy days are here again, the skies above are clear again…”

Justin Hunter after signing with Roethlisberger's team…

Yes there are so many similarities of Trent to TT.....I can totally see the comparison

You would

Yeah - Trent Edwards was very valuable to our running game.... He also threw more than 6 picks in both his years starting, and fewer TDs, and fewer YPG passing than TT... It's almost as if he was worse in like every statistical category

I get that TT isn't great or the answer or whatever, but he's stil far superior to Trent Edwards.

Tyrod Taylor fans upon hearing that he signed a renegotiated contract with the Bills…

Watch him get cut in the preseason

Too bad Hunter never saw "Happy days" before having Tyrod Taylor throwing touchdowns to him

Buried and cast off from 2 NFL teams before he got to the bills.....rememeber?

10 catches last year, but 4 for TD's. This is another indictment on TT. I'm glad TT is back (nothing else out there). But TT REALLY needs to step it up this year and read the entire field instead of locking in on one guy. I see Hunter getting 7+ TD's with the Steelers next season.

I hope we don't reach and go WR at #10.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/90889/justin-hunters-size-and-speed-intriguing-for-steelers-offense

Easier said than done. That's almost like saying "EJ has to step it up become an effective quarterback."

If we wanted Hunter back we would have signed him by now

Its just more proof to me that we are taking one of these really good WR's at 10.....we have our number 1 and plenty of number 3's on this team

They better not pick a #2 receiver at 10

That's fine, from your previous posts you appear to think Sammy is a top 5 WR, Whaley and company should be able to find a complimentary WR2 without using the 10th pick. You mentioned corner back depth in the draft, If you have some free time take a look at WR's draft position around the league. Lots of teams always find good value in mid-late rounds even more so when they have a legit #1 to line up on the opposite side of the field.

I agree they can't go into next season without adding a piece at WR, they probably should have drafted one last year knowing that Woods was up this year. I won't rehash all that though! Just don't be so quick to spend that 10th pick on a complimentary player unless you see Watkins being out the door after year 5.

They did draft a WR last year - Listenbee. And we don't have a clue how good (or bad) he might be, 'cause he didn't play due to injury

Sorry for the snarky response

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

taking a qb at 10 would not be taking best player available

there are no LB's worthy of the 10th pick

Yolo...that was my first thought as well

I agree this draft is way too deep at cb to burn your 1st pick. We need a quality wr to compliment Sammy. And it's not guaranteed Sammy plays all next year. I love Davis and see him as the 10 pick. Tyrod is signed and now will have the opportunity to improve. It's too bad we couldn't find a way of keeping Justin with Woods and Goodwin gone. Now wr is critical!