Justin Hunter Gone

RyanC883

Well damn man. Was kinda hoping they would have kept him. Did a great job with the little time he was with the Bills. Well, I'm sure there is a plan in place for the WR position. I think I'm going to be able to trust this staff a little more than the last though lol.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the snarky response

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

taking a qb at 10 would not be taking best player available

there are no LB's worthy of the 10th pick

Yolo...that was my first thought as well

Your 1A comment is correct. Because.....the Bills need to be prepared for Sammy's contract renewal......coming up one of these years. We don't need another Gilmore situation, where the heir apparent is not in the house. (although I could argue that Darby should be that guy in year 3)

He is a fringe WR. 2nd round draft pick who, after four seasons, has 78 catches and 12 TDs. He is a 4th or 5th on a depth chart. No big loss. The draft is ahead and the Bills will be able to get a big WR.

I'm a little disappointed. Taylor is going to need all the help he can get at WR this year after being saddled with journeymen and an injured Watkins last year. He seemed to have developed a rapport with Hunter and I was looking forward to seeing what they could do together this year.

10 catches last year, but 4 for TD's. This is another indictment on TT. I'm glad TT is back (nothing else out there). But TT REALLY needs to step it up this year and read the entire field instead of locking in on one guy. I see Hunter getting 7+ TD's with the Steelers next season.

I hope we don't reach and go WR at #10.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/90889/justin-hunters-size-and-speed-intriguing-for-steelers-offense

Reach? LOL.

Get ready to be disappointed kid.

Yeah I don't recall him dropping any balls either. What I do recall is seeing him wide open in the middle of the field while TT attempted to force feed his target of the day.

That reason is TT. TT is also the reason that Clay is criminally underutilized.

would that be Holmes, who is signed, then not signed.....or whatever nonsense is being reported.

Yup. While Sammy is important he is not the only guy who can catch passes for the Bills.

Every QB misses open receivers, but maybe to us Bills fans it seems like it happens more here.

A few years ago, the Rams had Isaac Bruce, who at the time was a top ten receiver, and they selected Torry Holt with a top six or seven pick. At the time, I thought it was a very odd selection. It turns out that pick (plus lucking out with Kurt Warner) won the Rams a Super Bowl.

That's fair but Bruce was drafted in 94' with the 33rd pick. Holt www selected in 99'.

This would be a lot more draft capital going to WR in a much shorter span. I'm not a fan of it. At this point who knows what will work, I think we need a little luck.