Justin Hunter Gone

RyanC883

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If WR is BPA when the Bills pick then the obvious thing to do would be trade down, unless of course the decisions makers aren't sold on Watkins long term.

Or they want more then 1 good wr on the field at the same time?

He will def make the Steelers, and put up great numbers. But like someone else said, very happy he is not with New England.

Why would he put up great numbers? We picked him up off the waiver wire with Marriota throwing to him previously?

Sorry for the snarky response

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

taking a qb at 10 would not be taking best player available

there are no LB's worthy of the 10th pick

Yolo...that was my first thought as well

Looks like the Tyrod excuse makers already creating their plan of attack for 2017. Tyrod needs two top ten WRs or it's not his fault.

I think I would like to use the 10th pick on the best player available at a position of need.....which I think is going to end up being Clemson's Williams or Corey Davis

To me it is not about finding WR2....it is about finding WR 1A which I think eiher of those pass catcher's are. I am tired of getting into the season and not having quality wrs to throw to because of injury. I fully expect Sammy Watkins to be available to us BUT just in case we need a quality guy that we can lean on in the passing game.

Now before I get the responses of "Well TT doesnt use them anyway" I would actually like to SEE a season of starting pass catcher's on the field before saying he cant use them.

I dont want a corner at 10.....that is spinning our wheels and there are good ones through the whole draft

we are good ont he DL

You wouldn't classify Reuben Foster as deserving of pick 10 (should he be there)?

I do agree WR2 is severely needed, but I am just really hopeful it's done in a trade back as above posters have mentioned. I only think WRs are worth taking that high if they're generational talents or likely Pro-Bowlers like Megatron or AJ Green. Trading up for one is fine if your QB is set (Julio Jones) instead of going "all in" with a guy like EJ for the luxurious Sammy...

we are good ont he DL

That's fine, from your previous posts you appear to think Sammy is a top 5 WR, Whaley and company should be able to find a complimentary WR2 without using the 10th pick. You mentioned corner back depth in the draft, If you have some free time take a look at WR's draft position around the league. Lots of teams always find good value in mid-late rounds even more so when they have a legit #1 to line up on the opposite side of the field.

I agree they can't go into next season without adding a piece at WR, they probably should have drafted one last year knowing that Woods was up this year. I won't rehash all that though! Just don't be so quick to spend that 10th pick on a complimentary player unless you see Watkins being out the door after year 5.

Matt Miller Retweeted Ed Bouchette

Watch him become a star now. Athleticism isn't lacking.

Matt Miller added,

Ed BouchetteVerified account @EdBouchette

Steelers land their first free agent, speedy WR Justin Hunter. Adds depth

2 replies12 retweets22 likes

Retweet

If WR is BPA when the Bills pick then the obvious thing to do would be trade down, unless of course the decisions makers aren't sold on Watkins long term.

WTH !! if BPA is @ a position of need you(obviously) trade down :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: ? Is this the least commonsense post in awhile? I hope they go defense myself, but if they're board has WR #1 when #10 is on the clock you don't turn down the gift.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

He will def make the Steelers, and put up great numbers. But like someone else said, very happy he is not with New England.

Ryan, the guy is with his 4th team in 5 years. Pats and how many other teams turned him down. Before Buffalo had 68 catches for 8 TD's. Could argue that TT MADE him a TD machine. Not much of a loss.................although we could use anybody

883? Own a Harley?

Or they want more then 1 good wr on the field at the same time?

Why would he put up great numbers? We picked him up off the waiver wire with Marriota throwing to him previously?

Agree and Agree, John. But I REALLY think decent WR's can be had later however.....you go with your board. There seems to be about 7 very good defenders (Allen, Garrett, Thomas, Foster, Lattimore, Hooker, & Adams). Anyone of those guys would be a great addition so I hope some RB's/QB's/Wr's go off so one of these guys; really any of these 7 will be there. But as much as I want defense, if and WHEN Sammy goes down again, the cupboard is really bare ---> right now. So if Corey Davis is there, take him. Mike Williams and John Ross scare me @ #10 but then again I'm not a scout, although my son is (recruiter) --->high school to college. Finally, those that want to trade back need a partner (obviously) so unless Arizona or someone really falls in love with a player/QB I can't see that happening in a draft that is very deep. Go Bills !

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

No offense John, but I do not currently see an NFL ready WR#2 or a WR#3 on this roster

However I do see alot of WR#4's and depth guys who will have to fight off each other in camp to make the team, lol

That would have included Hunter!!!!!

So yes, a good plan moving forward

If our Bills ever want to address basically having one the worst WR corps in the NFL on an annual basis

Would be similar to the Texans who I believe last year used two of their 3 highest picks on young WR's last year?

That could include taking one at #10 and I don't see how that would be a reach

Nor a problem to have two #1 WR's like other teams have

Course that does not preclude our Bills from trading down and getting an extra high pick to achieve this

Nor ignoring the WR position altogether as they have been doing

Fingers crossed they address it because as a fan I'd like to watch better talent at this position on the field

jc

WTH !! if BPA is @ a position of need you trade down :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: ? Is this the least commonsense post in awhile? I hope they go defense myself, but if they're board has WR #1 when #10 is on the clock you don't turn down the gift.

If you feel like you need to invest 3 consecutive first round picks into the WR position you should fire the GM immediately or get a new QB or BOTH.

This roster has gaping holes, the backend of the defense is non existent. Spending the 10th overall pick on a complimentary position would be another epic failure. Watkins has complained numerous times about targets, its a limited passing offense. Find a guy that compliments Watkins and #feedSammy. Stop screwing around with street FA's at WR and WR2 wouldn't look like such a pitfall.

WRs won't want to come here w/ Tyrod and the offense we are going to run. We're gonna throw the ball less than 20 times a game, load up on line depth, TEs and more RB/FB. Tyrod had all this receivers healthy for the Steelers game and had like 72 combined yards in the first 3 quarters

In one of first two rounds. Can you imagine the Bills WR's if/when Sammy goes down? Yikes

Just like the end of last season basically.

Amazing considering they've used 4 first through 3rd round picks on Watkins, Woods, and Goodwin since 2013.