Gilmore to be...a patriot

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew he was a smart guy. I would always take less to sign with NE. Now he'll be a hall of fame CB.

Oh he's not taking less. He's getting over 14. I spent years defending how valuable Gilmore is and got harassed for it. At least BB is in my corner......

Edited by Elite Poster

Lmao, and bills fans didn't want the kid back...

I think that Bills fans would have wanted him back if 1) HE was actually into that idea (i.e. motivated / giving a ****) and 2) if his price tag wasn't $14MM per...

Did you say he doesn't pay players that kind of money unless he know they are worth every penny? Is that what you wrote?

Was Haynesworth worth his contract!?

Yes or no? This has nothing to do with how many championships BB has won. It has to do with your post being way off base.

Does Bellichick overpay players? Yes or no?

Does he seem to manage his cap pretty decently? Or is his 237 wins to 115 losses a fluke? Dumb luck?

Yes or no?

I see the media has already started with "if the Pats did it, it must be worth it." I'm sure the fans will follow suit too. Of course if we had paid Gilmore $14 mil per year we would have been mocked relentlessly.

I think you need to sit back and look at the big picture.

There is a reason this franchise has been woeful for so long. Obviously. Gilmore is worth the $ he is about to get to the New England Patriots. Not the Cleveland Browns......the New England Patriots who see Gilmore up close and personal twice a season.

Does Bellichick overpay players? Yes or no?

Does he seem to manage his cap pretty decently? Or is his 237 wins to 115 losses a fluke? Dumb luck?

Yes or no?

Dont need to respond to his fake reports about this mythic huge contract they signed Haynesworth too. Never happened

I think that Bills fans would have wanted him back if 1) HE was actually into that idea (i.e. motivated / giving a ****) and 2) if his price tag wasn't $14MM per...

he was. I actually know he was. He liked his teammates. A lot. And the bills fans

I really don't understand the snark comments....were any of you expecting the bills to pay 14 mill per to a CB? Would that have put us over the top? The answer is no and would have been wasted money.....the pats have a ton of cap space and the championship aura surrounds them. Stop acting butt hurt...it sucks because they got better...but what could we do. Move on.

Nope our FB and Kicker will cancel and one of the worst OGs in football last yesr too.

Stop with the Patriot Haynesworth stuff

The contract was 5M that year and cost them a 5th round pick

Thanks MAJBobby, I was just about to say the same.

I really don't understand the snark comments....were any of you expecting the bills to pay 14 mill per to a CB? Would that have put us over the top? The answer is no and would have been wasted money.....the pats have a ton of cap space and the championship aura surrounds them. Stop acting butt hurt...it sucks because they got better...but what could we do. Move on.

no. I was not but fully believe we should have. This guy is not going to be able to replace. And I'm going to be serving crow next year to anyone who is dumb enough to lament over us not keeping him. The guy will make the pro bowl in a competent defensive scheme.

Of course if we had paid Gilmore $14 mil per year we would have been mocked relentlessly.

No, we will be mocked relentlessly when Gilmore gets a ring and Hogan gets his second. Gilmore is a consensus top cornerback. If we had tagged him, we would have been commended for retaining top talent for once.

Did you say he doesn't pay players that kind of money unless he know they are worth every penny? Is that what you wrote?

Was Haynesworth worth his contract!?

Yes or no? This has nothing to do with how many championships BB has won. It has to do with your post being way off base.

haynesworth took a pay cut to play for pats. Dropped his number from 5.4m to 1.5m.