Earbuds/Headset reviews

Beast

I just bought a pair of Samsung iconx earbuds. Truly wireless....just stick them in your ears with no connection between the two.

Not the greatest sound, but decent and they are very secure in your ear. The best part about them is you can download approximately 1,000 songs right onto them, so you don't have to take your phone with you while working out, or whatever activity you may be doing.

The battery life is not all that good. You get about three hours when not streaming and just listening to the music you have downloaded. While streaming the battery lasts only about an hour and a half.

These are promoted as Android only buds but that simply isn't he case. I have an iphone and they work perfect with them. You won't get the benefits of being able to track workouts but I'm OK with that as well because I have an Apple Watch.

I got them for $149.00 at Best Buy. I would recommend them, though I have had them for only a week. I have had awful luck with wireless buds in the past but keep buying them like an idiot.

Like to hear reviews from you all on what you have that you like in case these break down in the near future.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pair of Beats Solo headphones for Christmas a few years back and am really happy with them. I hear things in songs that I've listened to a thousand times that I never heard before.

On a side note I woke up one morning to find the cord chewed in half. I was so pissed off I fired the things across the room at my cat and ended up snapping the one arm in half because I thought they were ruined. Much to my dismay I remembered that the cord is detachable and could have just replaced the cord. Now they are held together with epoxy and electrical tape, but they still sound good.

Alternating between Shure SE215 and the 1st generation Parrot Ziks, which are now a steal on Amazon while they last.

My goal was to find the best sounding and noise isolation/canceling headphones for around $100. Can't beat the Shures for the sound, and they fixed the stupid cord issue which broke after one year. Now, you just replace the cord for $20, instead of the buds.

Parrot's active noise cancellation rivals Bose and the music sounds better at 1/3 the price. The Shures are better overall, and the in-ear buds cancel more outside noise, especially on my NYC commute on public transit.

Have these to run/bike in...great as they allow you to still hear noise and stay alert on the road. Great purchase!

https://aftershokz.com/

+++

Use their Bluez 2S for everything...workouts, biz telecons/webex. Bluetooth & use bone conduction technology so nothing in ear. Allows you to be aware of surroundings while listening. This is a Syracuse based company.

Wireless or otherwise, I appear to be the only person in the entire world who can't make earbuds stay in my freaking ear. And I'm not talking about running. I'm talking about just sitting and listening on a plane.

I ultimately found Yurbuds before they went wireless, and since went to the Jabra Step wireless for cost (I'm not self-proclaimed vinyl-records-are-the-best audiophile), and put the Yurbud earmolds on the Jabra.

That said, the AfterShokz have my attention. Especially with the multipoint pairing. Thanks for that tip.

Guess I'm the few that cheap works for me. Got a set of Skull Candy noise isolation earbuds for under $20. Sounds better when I'm traveling than my noise cancelling headphones I had before. Those I still had issues airplane noise and not enough volume. Like LA, they don't fit my ear perfectly though.

Guess I'm the few that cheap works for me. Got a set of Skull Candy noise isolation earbuds for under $20. Sounds better when I'm traveling than my noise cancelling headphones I had before. Those I still had issues airplane noise and not enough volume. Like LA, they don't fit my ear perfectly though.

I'm with you here. I'm a bit stunned by some of the prices being thrown around in here. I've never bothered with anything more than the standard ones that came with my phone. I don't use them too often so I've got a good backup supply built up. They work well enough at the gym and that's the only place I ever use them other than the occasional flight. I'm sure I'd be stunned by the quality of the expensive ones, but I never see a scenario where I'll need them.

you're a total douche if you rock those big headphones at the gym - sorry, just my opinion. beats and all those fancy names are just terrible. sound and all.

i have a 8 year old pair of philips noise canceling that supercede even the new stuff. paid $300 for them, though.

i prefer a pair of cheap philips wired for every day use.

have a seinheiser pair that conforms to your ear that do great running and active

and have a pair of ... i don't remember ... for the gym

my old pair of seinheisers were great. AJZepp, for those that remember him, sent me a pair of them that he had extra (for free!).

i haven't pulled the plug on truly wireless yet, as they have a few more generations to go to perfect them. Earin look ok, sound decent and would be my direction. the Konoa scam sucks because they advertise themselves as amazing. and would be if they came to fruition. their twitter site is hilarious. delay after delay followed by teasing with shipments may start, etc.

I have a set of Sennheisers that are great. Beats and bose have great marketing but tend to be overpriced for the performance that they provide.

i have a few pairs of these

The Apple Airpods seems to be getting good reviews from that crowd...and I don't think it's a "fanboy" thing as everyone has always trashed the stock Apple headphones.

they're not that great. i've read enough reviews on them to see performance wise they're not much different than a $30 of wired buds. the difference seems to be the seal in your ear which isolates the sound in to your canal.

I've found Shure to have the best earbuds, but have moved away from them since they're expensive, and the cords keep breaking after a year or two.

I hate Bose. I've had those given to me as gifts and they're worthless unless you like base. All you can hear is base. And if you don't think so, then you better get your ears checked because they're destroying your drums.

Anyone who buys Beats is a moron. They use the same hardware as the free headphones you get with purchase. 99% of the cost is slapping the "b" on the side.

I've gone to Senheisers or cheap Sony's for regular use.

they're not that great. i've read enough reviews on them to see performance wise they're not much different than a $30 of wired buds. the difference seems to be the seal in your ear which isolates the sound in to your canal.

I've started buying the buds separately to get a better fit. They are so different from brand to brand that I just decided to buy ones that fit my ear the best and glue them to each new set I buy instead.

Wireless or otherwise, I appear to be the only person in the entire world who can't make earbuds stay in my freaking ear. And I'm not talking about running. I'm talking about just sitting and listening on a plane.

I ultimately found Yurbuds before they went wireless, and since went to the Jabra Step wireless for cost (I'm not self-proclaimed vinyl-records-are-the-best audiophile), and put the Yurbud earmolds on the Jabra.

That said, the AfterShokz have my attention. Especially with the multipoint pairing. Thanks for that tip.

I has a slight issue with keeping the buds in. It was mainly when I was working in the yard and the wire would get caught on something. Can't wait to use my wireless headphone in the yard this spring.

Monoprice. Cheap and excellent quality.

I have these for over the ear.

And these earbuds.

$16?!?! Damn I thought I went cheap. :D

I've found Shure to have the best earbuds, but have moved away from them since they're expensive, and the cords keep breaking after a year or two.

Shures changed the design a few years back. Now you just replace the cord for $20 and keep the buds