official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

I feel I have no option but to write to Mr and Mrs Pegs. I'm a 12 year season ticket holder and this is a hard slap

Yea, there's a growing sense that a firm house-cleaning is well beyond a need with the "tenured" people that preceded the Pegula's. Still, they approved the move, so they have to share the blowback. It's gonna be an interesting offseason.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terry Pegula's skin is so thin it's incredible.

A few months ago it was Whaley's press conference, the media skewering Pegula and him doing an interview the next day on his terms with the AP because he didn't like what was being said about him, and now they shut down the Message Board and risk alienating thousands of fans because they can't handle a little criticism.

It's unbelievable. I didn't think it could get any worse than Ralph, but I'm beginning to think I was wrong. This guy has no clue what he's doing.

Jrober you will enjoy this board much more than BBMB, if my memory serves me right. Welcome.

I feel I have no option but to write to Mr and Mrs Pegs. I'm a 12 year season ticket holder and this is a hard slap

Season tix since '03.

This is the first year that I haven't rushed to renew by the 'deadline'. I'm definitely waiting to see what happens roster-wise, but this board fiasco isnt helping OBD's cause.

Not really, this a civilized place. The box is where most of the crazies come out - i.e. we get it dude, you hate the QB / the play call / the owner / etc. We got it the first 20 times...

And - No new threads during a game, lest public shame, so, you know...

Cool. Thanks for the reply.

Those gameday threads were just atrocious.

It's hard to wrap my head around what happened yesterday. After over 25,000 posts, spanning nearly 19 years it's all gone in the blink of an eye. It's great to see so many of the brethren jumping over here. Management sure must be scared or maybe paranoid over this but regardless let's make this board the best ever and not a land of trolls....

I could care less about losing my post history. It's not like I had a reputation, but it's just weird that the whole thing just went "POOF". Everything - gone.

I did meet a few dudes on there. Had a beer with DenverBill. Had several beers with B-Large. Climbed a mountain with JellyDonut. All solid guys. My experience was slightly different, but it was disappointing that for as active and spirited as the BBMB was, the community side of it was very, very lacking.

PLEASE tell me this place doesn't think Chad Kelly is the next messiah. I don't want to see those posts every day.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

I don't know. We had the most active message board in the league. I've never heard of a message board dissuading a player from signing somewhere.If anything it shows how much we love the team and its players

I would occasionally look at comparison stats in past years - say during the draft, etc... at the very least we were equal (worst case scenario), but my memory says our community has enjoyed much more traffic. We will get a couple 1000 readers at a time for big events.

I'm sure they will hear from many. not that it will bring the board back but it would be nice to know that the fans/members were able to express their feelings of them just slamming the door in their faces...pretty classless move imo but frankly, although a longtime member there I turned my membership in about a month ago after enough of the garbage posts/threads and arrogance of some there. not to say this place or any is free of arrogance, hell, I can even be arrogant at times when pushed but that place was getting outright ridiculous...

oh, and teef, yeah I can dig me some cake. especially while walking...#cakewalk

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

It's hard to wrap my head around what happened yesterday. After over 25,000 posts, spanning nearly 19 years it's all gone in the blink of an eye. It's great to see so many of the brethren jumping over here. Management sure must be scared or maybe paranoid over this but regardless let's make this board the best ever and not a land of trolls....

There is no way they had a message board for 19 years. I don't think they even had a website in 1998. If so, it just started. I think they started with a VB site and then went to IPB. I'm guessing 2003 maybe.

The team owns the website and controls the content. That's why I never understood why an official team site would house a fan forum in the first place. Most decent fan message boards are on sites not affiliated with the team. I never visited it, but it doesn't surprise me that the plug was finally pulled. I think all organizations will do this eventually.

Edited by YoloinOhio

There is no way they had a message board for 19 years. I don't think they even had a website in 1998. If so, it just started. I think they started with a VB site and then went to IPB. I'm guessing 2003 maybe.

I believe it launched 01, but I'm probably wrong.

the oldest year/date I saw of a few members was 2000, so it was at least 17 years?

the oldest year/date I saw of a few members was 2000, so it was at least 17 years?

That's a possibility. I know it wasn't 1998 because we started this then. By 2000/2001 there were three roaring Bills boards. The official site launching one would have been a distant fourth.

FWIW, for the longest time - the Bills had THREE of the most popular NFL boards on the net. Most teams didn't have one.