Nathan Peterman

So, it looks like there is a possibility the Bills will pass up on TT if they fall in love with a QB at the combine or feel a veteran FA would be a better option. If we decide to draft a guy, I would love to see us land this guy. He seems like he could be a potential franchise QB.

You can argue that Kizer, Trubisky, and Watson are the top three at the position and will most likely go in the first round, but I really like this Nathan Peterman guy in the second round. He seems like he would be a perfect fit in our new offensive system with his skillset, but most importantly, he has the ability to read across the field. Below is a write up from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/nathan-peterman?id=2558191

If we do decide to settle on this guy, I am sure he will be there in the second round. So that gives us an opportunity to go after one of the top WR prospects or a replacement for Stephon Gilmore. I don't see us taking a Safety that high, but we could go after Reuben Foster if he lights up the combine and is still available. The later prospect would only be in play if McD doesn't think Preston Brown is capable in his scheme, and we don't re-sign Zach Brown.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any relation to J Peterman.

Maybe Elaine Benes can help recruit him.

At least he will be well dressed.

He'll be the Bills' Benrus Best Dressed as he boards the charter wearing his Urban Sombrero.

I guess I missed something with this guy...please elaborate.

I should clarify my initial comments. Nate Peterman isn't a starting calibre QB, at least in my opinion. He's been the subject of many arguments for me since the summer with people who think differently to me.

He's the classic offseason hype QB. He's white, meets every threshold, is articulate with coaches/scouts, smart, pro-style. Same type of guys like him that liked every other guy exactly like him (Tom Savage and the like). I'm honestly struggling getting past the idea that he couldn't win a job against Josh Dobbs, a QB so bad I have him as a PFA wide receiver.

Personally, I think he's not accurate enough, his placement leaves a lot to be desired. His arm, much like with Brad Kaaya, is okay when mechanics are fine but, if rushed, it becomes insufficient in a hurry. Comes from an extremely limited passing game. He does have some positive traits from the neck up and they do matter, I just think he's destined to be little more than a backup.

He'll stick around for a long time because guys like him do. I don't think he's anything close to an answer though.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I should clarify my initial comments. Nate Peterman isn't a starting calibre QB, at least in my opinion. He's been the subject of many arguments for me since the summer with people who think differently to me.

He's the classic offseason hype QB. He's white, meets every threshold, is articulate with coaches/scouts, smart, pro-style. Same type of guys like him that liked every other guy exactly like him (Tom Savage and the like).

Personally, I think he's not accurate enough, his placement leaves a lot to be desired. His arm, much like with Brad Kaaya, is okay when mechanics are fine but, if rushed, it becomes insufficient in a hurry. Comes from an extremely limited passing game. He does have some positive traits from the neck up and they do matter, I just think he's destined to be little more than a backup.

He'll stick around for a long time because guys like him do. I don't think he's anything close to an answer though.

Pro comp = Matt Barkley?

Pro comp = Matt Barkley?

I like it better than the Zierlein one, let's put it that way :D

Career trajectory, he's probably on the Henne/Daniel/McCown spectrum. A guy you like having around as a backup, great in the film room but if he plays 16 games, you might be in place to get his replacement.

I like Nathan Peterman's scouting report a lot.

Pros

- reads the whole field

- throws with anticipation

- good accuracy to all levels

- good poise in the pocket

Cons

- only adequate arm strength

- can sail some throws

- limited mobility

I'd take a look at him in the 3rd round. I think his floor is extremely high and I think he's got more upside than people think. It's hard to teach a guy to scan the whole field and throw with anticipation and those are clear strengths for Peterman.

Edited by jrober38

I like Nathan Peterman's scouting report a lot.

Pros

- reads the whole field

- throws with anticipation

- good accuracy to all levels

- good poise in the pocket

Cons

- only adequate arm strength

- can sail some throws

- limited mobility

I'd take a look at him in the 3rd round. I think his floor is extremely high and I think he's got more upside than people think. It's hard to teach a guy to scan the whole field and throw with anticipation and those are clear strengths for Peterman.

I absolutely love this quarterback and I wish we had a 4th round pick cuz that's exactly where I'd slot him...